Options

Home Office

kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Starting on Tuesday, I'll be working from home.

I'm trading in a world of cubicles, beige walls, traffic jams and annoying coworkers for a world of spacious rooms with views, colorful décors, 10-yard commutes and lapcats.

I’m not sure what I’m most excited about: sleeping in or working in my boxers. :think:

Anyone else out there working from home?
"Where's KW?"
"Let's check Idaho."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:

I'm trading in a world of cubicles, beige walls, traffic jams and annoying coworkers for a world of spacious rooms with views, colorful décors, 10-yard commutes and lapcats.

I’m not sure what I’m most excited about: sleeping in or working in my boxers. :think:

Only on Thursdays, as evidence by the volume of my postings.
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

:lol:

So I guess people should expect more of me on the boards starting next week, huh?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

:lol:

So I guess people should expect more of me on the boards starting next week, huh?

I know I do...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Mr. RK does when he can. He says he does get more work done since he doesn't have interruptions from others.

I gave up my art room so he could have a home office... :x
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'm working from home, too. I love my office. After seven years of full-time employment I have to say that it is better for my translations that I am working from home not being interrupted by calls or last-minute mini projects. I can use my creative phases better than in an office schedule corset. But sometimes I miss the interaction with workmates. The kitty enjoys me being home though :) Best of luck for you!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    kw18 wrote:

Now I just have to figure out how I can work from home... :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

:sick:;):lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I'm working from home, too. I love my office. After seven years of full-time employment I have to say that it is better for my translations that I am working from home not being interrupted by calls or last-minute mini projects. I can use my creative phases better than in an office schedule corset. But sometimes I miss the interaction with workmates. The kitty enjoys me being home though :) Best of luck for you!

I get the feeling for the first month or so, my boss will call me a bunch to "check in" with me. :fp:

Thanks for the well-wishes!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

That was my thought! Afro needs to keep her work at the office and not bring it home. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

:lol::lol: It's just a little Chlamydia & Gonorrhea... :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mr. RK does when he can. He says he does get more work done since he doesn't have interruptions from others.

The cats are having to give up their own room for my office. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

I know I do...

I'll try not to let you down. 8-)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

That was my thought! Afro needs to keep her work at the office and not bring it home. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: My boyfriend says I got it from riding a tractor in my bathing suit....
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

The cats are having to give up their own room for my office. :lol:

but they get 2 new roommates!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    kw18 wrote:

see the number of posts
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

welcome to posti...er, working from home

:wave: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    gave all that up last July after 3 years working from home...
    I'm glad to be back in the saddle again ;):D
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Worked from home Jan - March this year. Lunchtime showers were the best.

Back to the life of annoying co-workers.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

EdibleShower-480x340.jpg

:?:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    I work from home 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's a pretty sweet setup. There's nothing better than just rolling out of bed on Monday morning and turning my computer on. I think I would go a little crazy if I was home all day, everyday. Even with my setup now, there are times that I go sit at Starbuck's or some place like that to work for a few hours.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    kw18 wrote:

EdibleShower-480x340.jpg

:lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I work from home 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's a pretty sweet setup. There's nothing better than just rolling out of bed on Monday morning and turning my computer on. I think I would go a little crazy if I was home all day, everyday. Even with my setup now, there are times that I go sit at Starbuck's or some place like that to work for a few hours.

I've worked from home for the last 5 years now. It's fantastic!
    Working from home, making my own schedule, nobody bugging me...awesome.
    I do spend a lot of time on the road for work, but home is where my office is.

There are days when I'm not traveling I too will go to a coffee shop and work. Sometimes you just gotta change the scenery and get out of the house to be productive.

My cat has gotten spoiled and she gets mad when I leave for multiple days for work. Get home and she's all pissed off. :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

I've worked from home for the last 5 years now. It's fantastic!
    Working from home, making my own schedule, nobody bugging me...awesome.
    I do spend a lot of time on the road for work, but home is where my office is.

There are days when I'm not traveling I too will go to a coffee shop and work. Sometimes you just gotta change the scenery and get out of the house to be productive.

My cat has gotten spoiled and she gets mad when I leave for multiple days for work. Get home and she's all pissed off. :lol:

The one downside (and pretty much only downside, really) is that I have to keep regular business hours and work from my home office -- those were the conditions my employer set to allow me to work from home. So unfortunately I won't be able to roll into the "office" at noon or work from coffee shops ... but all the other perks make it worth it!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Three days a a week.

It's magical.

Back to vegas
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:

EdibleShower-480x340.jpg

So you're saying dinner will be ready when I get home? :lol: :P ;)
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

And it starts already...

;)
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

And it starts already...

;)

:fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Last day in the office. Showed up without my badge like I don't give a f---. Leaving in less than 8 hours. Already too long of a day.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

And it starts already...

;)

:fp:

:lol::lol: The commute from the office to kitchen isn't very far... :lol: :P ;)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    kw18 wrote:
    The one downside (and pretty much only downside, really) is that I have to keep regular business hours and work from my home office -- those were the conditions my employer set to allow me to work from home. So unfortunately I won't be able to roll into the "office" at noon or work from coffee shops ... but all the other perks make it worth it!

you can't go to starbucks or something? do you have a dedicated office home office phone, or are you using your cell.

if it's the cell, who gives a fuck...if it's the home office line...forward it to the cell and see above
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kw18 wrote:
    Last day in the office. Showed up without my badge like I don't give a f---. Leaving in less than 8 hours. Already too long of a day.

This guy right here ^^^^^^^ gives no fucks. None.