rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    terrible klausen for that show
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,803
    rssesq wrote:
    Yeah, the poster sucked too!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    rssesq wrote:

Loved the show myself. My wife surprised me with a framed poster of this show. Haven't had the heart to tell her how bad it looks. :D
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I had a great time at the show. People just expected way too much because of the 03 flood show being cancled.

I still say the vibe of the show, the band, the crowd was one of the best vibes at any PJ show I've been to.

I don't give a rats ass if SPEEDY liked it or not. ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Funny story about that tour. Had already done like a dozen shows on the first leg around the east coast. Then had 10 club tix for the first 2 shows of the second leg at Pittsburgh then cinci. We drove all the way out to Pittsburgh in a rented Escalade from Hertz back when gas was 1.20 a gallon. After the pittsburgh show i started fukin with the never lost gps in the truck and it showed how far Cinci was and it also showed that Ceder Point amusement was closer. At around midnight after smokin a phatty we bagged the Cinci show and opted for Ceder Point cuz we had to try the new coaster at the time, top thrill dragster. Had an incredible time and never regretted missing the show.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    alabama wrote:
    I know everyone bitches about this show...shitty setlist, too short, etc, etc... I just want to say that it was one of the best shows I've been to... I hadn't seen the band since that '03 Birmingham show, and to me, it was spot on. No, they didn't play any "rarities", but they seemed "on" to me. Maybe it was just where I was in life, I don't know. My (now ex) husband promised to go with me, since the show was the day before my birthday. And, of course, he bailed. Two hours later, my friend Jess said she would go because she knew how much it meant to me. To this day, I think she may still only know Jeremy and Betterman, but she went and it made my year. So yeah, maybe Cincy wasn't one to go down in the "instant classic" status, but some of us take what we can get, right?! Just throwing my thoughts out there...

I agree with you. I've seen a lot of shows (21 or so I think) and that rates in my top 5. They seemed to be "on" to me too. And the crowd was great!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Been listening to all the 2006 boots recently and Cincinnati got listened too a couple of weeks back. Afterwards I did think 'why all the negativity about this show'? It's a decent enough boot.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    you want a shitty concert? vegas '98 :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    No, you want a shitty concert? Atlanta 2012.
  • Options
    Uniondale,NY 2003
    started out great until Bushleaguer got played
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

What happened here?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    the wolf wrote:
    imalive wrote:

What happened here?

notes: Late show. Poor security, drunk crowd … even booed X. After ‘Given to Fly,’ Ed says (sarcastically), “So, we’re in Las Vegas. My, what a wonderful place it is, too!” and the crowd cheers. He falls and laughs it off toward the end of ‘Even Flow.’ During ‘Faithfull,’ Ed spells out “M.Y.T.H” in sign language. ‘Nothingman’ is introduced as a “nice little ditty about a fuck up. This is like Leaving Las Vegas right here.” Drinking a beer after ‘Lukin,’ Ed says he wishes he had some to share and tells the crowd they should feel lucky since they got to see X play. ‘White Girl’ is a X cover song. ‘Last Exit’ closes the show, with Ed proclaiming, “See you all later … I’m going to go watch Siegfried and Roy.” (‘Porch’ was on the written setlist but isn’t played.)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I was at this show and I thought it was a great show!! And like someone else posted....any Pearl Jam show is a good show I don't care where it is or how long it is...If I get to hear and see them live that's all I can ask for :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    imalive wrote:

What happened here?

notes: Late show. Poor security, drunk crowd … even booed X. After ‘Given to Fly,’ Ed says (sarcastically), “So, we’re in Las Vegas. My, what a wonderful place it is, too!” and the crowd cheers. He falls and laughs it off toward the end of ‘Even Flow.’ During ‘Faithfull,’ Ed spells out “M.Y.T.H” in sign language. ‘Nothingman’ is introduced as a “nice little ditty about a fuck up. This is like Leaving Las Vegas right here.” Drinking a beer after ‘Lukin,’ Ed says he wishes he had some to share and tells the crowd they should feel lucky since they got to see X play. ‘White Girl’ is a X cover song. ‘Last Exit’ closes the show, with Ed proclaiming, “See you all later … I’m going to go watch Siegfried and Roy.” (‘Porch’ was on the written setlist but isn’t played.)

Ouch!
    I remember reading about that now.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    I was at that show...and I have to agree that it was kick ass!!!

To this day, it is the closest that I have been to the stage...row 20...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    alabamaalabama Posts: 101
    pjradio wrote:
    rssesq wrote:

Loved the show myself. My wife surprised me with a framed poster of this show. Haven't had the heart to tell her how bad it looks. :D

I framed the poster in an old driftwood looking frame and it's hanging in my study. :lol: Better yet, it's the only poster I have :lol:
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

I concur!
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    alabama wrote:
    Roll Tide! :D

Another Bammer?!? :mrgreen: Roll Tide! :D

Now and forever. :D:D:D
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    MG79478 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but this is one of my least favorite shows I have been to. It might as well have been played in Camden. I could probably list at least 40 PJ shows that I thought were better. Just my opinion, but I'd guess that most anyone else who has seen a large number of shows to compare with would agree.

Not really because everyone has different opinions on what is good and what is not.

I've like all PJ shows, but plenty I would rank below this one.

Says the guy with "cincy" in his screen name... I'm not surprised.

I like all PJ shows too, but some are better than others. In my opinion, not clouded by the hometown factor, this was one of the worst PJ shows I have seen.
  • Options
    He did wipe his ass with a Rolling Stone magazine... Fuckin classic.
    Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I've been on this board for years and have seen dozens upon dozens of these CIncy '06 threads....yet I have NO IDEA what you people are ever talking about. I know there's one guy that often posts "fuck Cincy". he obviously didn't enjoy the show. Anyway, I've never heard it so I'm downloading it from pearljambootlegs.org right now to give it a listen. See what all the bitching and moaning is about. Hell I has at the notorious Hershey '03 show and still had fun. I don't see how this Cincy show could have been THAT bad.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    I really, really liked this show when I listened to it the other day. The band played Inside Job! Eddie's comments about The Who tragedy and what it was like to play in the building...the healing process of Roskilde and calls from Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend...as mentioned before, the first eleven songs alone kicked ass! And, the crowd was very appreciative...even after a 10+ minute Rearviewmirror!

Birmingham 2003...another show I liked also.
    :corn:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    Friend of mine drove from Nashville to Cincy to see this show . . . she described it as having a revival-type feel, the show was so good. I'll take the word of someone who actually attended over those who weren't anywhere near Cincy that night.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Friend of mine drove from Nashville to Cincy to see this show . . . she described it as having a revival-type feel, the show was so good. I'll take the word of someone who actually attended over those who weren't anywhere near Cincy that night.

The show was fine. I was there. It was overhyped that's all. I'm sure everyone loved the first encore but the first set was pretty high energy and the first encore slowed it down (at least for me). Wishlist and Inside Job shouldn't be in the same encore.
  • Options
    This show was incredible. Pittsburgh the night before had a better setlist, but the show in Cincy was much better. The only thing wrong with this show is Robert Pollard fucking up Baba O' Riley. Here's to hoping they come back to Cincy in the fall. It's been 7 years....
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    MG79478 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but this is one of my least favorite shows I have been to. It might as well have been played in Camden. I could probably list at least 40 PJ shows that I thought were better. Just my opinion, but I'd guess that most anyone else who has seen a large number of shows to compare with would agree.

i would have to disagree. i think this show was great and i dont see anything wrong with the set list. and for the most part, the camden shows are pretty stellar

:)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312

I concur!

Yep, this one was the stinker of 2012. Nothing for the passionate fan who wanted something other than the hits.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312

The show was fine. I was there. It was overhyped that's all. I'm sure everyone loved the first encore but the first set was pretty high energy and the first encore slowed it down (at least for me). Wishlist and Inside Job shouldn't be in the same encore.

The only problem with the Cincy '06 show was that the expectations were too high. Many wanted an epic show, but all we got was a good, solid, regular show. But if you were expecting an epic show, then that good, solid regular show was a disappointment.

I enjoyed the show at the time and think it aged well. Again, not an epic show, not the show of the tour, but a good show none-the-less.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Who gives a rats ass...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Always thought this show got an undeserved bad rap, but then again it had a lot of personal highlights for me:

1.My wife's first PJ show
    2. Walking across the river on the bridge to find- Front row tickets(first and only time on Stoney's side)
    3.Walking in right when Eddie starts "The KIds are Alright" as the pre-set!!!!
    4.Eddie passed the wine bottle to me during Crazy Mary (once in a lifetime :shock: especially with the lottery in effect now)
    5.Eddie grabbed my hand during Alive(thought he was handing me a pick at the time)
    6. I grabbed one of the parachute men that the girls who were standing front and center were throwing at Ed. I found it the other day in my concert ticket box and was like, "what the fuck is this?" and my wife reminded me....

oh yeah and any setlist with Leash isn't all bad. Great dialog and interaction from Eddie made up for the setlist being a little light on rarities. i have fond memories of this show if you can't tell.

ps- ROLL TIDE

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore