Options

In defense of Cincy '06...

13»

Comments

• Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Hell I has at the notorious Hershey '03 show and still had fun. I don't see how this Cincy show could have been THAT bad.

I was at Hershey '03, it was WAY better than Cincy. And I was exhausted from driving home from the legendary Boston show the night before and spending the day at the park. Help Help, Immortality, deep... you can't go wrong. Plus you had the mosquito bites comment and the only instance I know of a harmonica being used during SOLAT. Cincy had Long road, which is OK, but far from my favorite opener, that's about it.
    i would have to disagree. i think this show was great and i dont see anything wrong with the set list. and for the most part, the camden shows are pretty stellar

:)

You're being facetious... right?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    MG79478 wrote:

I'm sure since everyone must have the same exact likes and dislikes in regards to setlists as you.

Honestly, the setlist doesn't matter nearly as much as the energy the band brings, and they were great that night.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    MG79478 wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but this is one of my least favorite shows I have been to. It might as well have been played in Camden. I could probably list at least 40 PJ shows that I thought were better. Just my opinion, but I'd guess that most anyone else who has seen a large number of shows to compare with would agree.

Not really because everyone has different opinions on what is good and what is not.

I've like all PJ shows, but plenty I would rank below this one.

Says the guy with "cincy" in his screen name... I'm not surprised.

I like all PJ shows too, but some are better than others. In my opinion, not clouded by the hometown factor, this was one of the worst PJ shows I have seen.

I don't live in Cincy currently. I've seen 27 shows. I really liked the energy of that show. It has nothing to do with hometown, I was born in Pittburgh and was at that 2006 Pittsburgh concert right before and thought it was pretty average.

I don't know why you have to be such [Name calling removed by Admin] about it and dismiss other people's opinions. You are entitled to yours, as they are entitled to theirs. Their is no right and wrong answer for everyone.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    MG79478 wrote:

I'm sure since everyone must have the same exact likes and dislikes in regards to setlists as you.

Honestly, the setlist doesn't matter nearly as much as the energy the band brings, and they were great that night.

Energy doesn't matter nearly as much as the setlist, and I thought it sucked that night.

You obviously missed the part where I had a differing opinion then most in this thread. I think I'm allowed to defend my opinion when challenged. So where you at every Camden show since 2000 also? Because you do realize that the post you replied to, my facetious comment was about Camden?

Post edited by Admin. Take personal bickering off the forum - it derails topic integrity. Thank you
  • Options
    katelliskatellis Posts: 513
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • Options
    attending a "terrible" Pearl Jam Concert = white people problems

:fp:
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    No, you want a shitty concert? Atlanta 2012.

I concur!

Yep, this one was the stinker of 2012. Nothing for the passionate fan who wanted something other than the hits.

Were either of you at Atlanta last year or listened to the boot? I don't see how one calls a show "shitty" or "stinker" that had such great energy and vibe? The crowd was very solid and the band were truly in great spirits, as mentioned at the show by Ed. Now if the band had played sloppy and crowd sucked, that might be a different story. I guess I get tired of the whole "we have to have rare songs for a show to be good" ideology on this board.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    Put Montana on the crap show lst for sure the 2012 one. Awful
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    ISO Cincy '06 boot.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    RC153010 wrote:
    Put Montana on the crap show lst for sure the 2012 one. Awful
    But it's an "instant classic." :)
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    I switched planes four times for instant junk lol.
  • Options
    landbeaverlandbeaver Buffalo, NY Posts: 45
    I thought this show was a lot of fun, but just ended kind of abruptly. It almost seemed like they were going to come out again, then just didn't. I think it came out afterward that Eddie was pretty sick, but that might just be hearsay. I dunno, I liked it.

Toledo during VFC will always be my least favorite. :|
    Columbus 00 / Buffalo 03 / Toledo 04 / Kitchener 05 / London 05 / Hamilton 05 / Toronto 05 / Toronto I 06 / Toronto II 06 / Pittsburgh 06 / Cincinnati 06 / DC 08 / NYC I 08 / NYC II 08 / Hartford 08 / Toronto 09 / Chicago I 09 / Chicago II 09 / Philly III 09 / Philly IV 09 / Cleveland 10 / Buffalo 10 / Hartford 10 / Toronto I 11 / Toronto II 11 / Hamilton 11 / London 13 / Pittsburgh 13 / Buffalo 13 / Toronto I 16 / Toronto II 16 / Boston II 16
    http://www.Sports-Casters.com
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    It was one of the better PJ shows I've been to.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    landbeaver wrote:
    I thought this show was a lot of fun, but just ended kind of abruptly. It almost seemed like they were going to come out again, then just didn't. I think it came out afterward that Eddie was pretty sick, but that might just be hearsay. I dunno, I liked it.

The Neil show? :nono:
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, wasn't this the show with the yield campaign, where posters tried to get the band to play a lot of yield tracks which failed terribly with the band only playing wish list????

Then everyone was disappointed, they thought the yield was being saved for the encores, I wonder if the setlist thread still exists
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    If I remember correctly, wasn't this the show with the yield campaign, where posters tried to get the band to play a lot of yield tracks which failed terribly with the band only playing wish list????

Then everyone was disappointed, they thought the yield was being saved for the encores, I wonder if the setlist thread still exists

Yes, yes it was. I personally did not send a post card cuz my thoughts were that it would backfire. Lucky guess on my part. No Yield. I am a Yield fan, but it was still a great show I thought despite the band's Yield defiance.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    rssesq wrote:
    landbeaver wrote:

The Neil show? :nono:

Until Neil came on it was nothing special. Now Grand Rapids was awesome.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :corn:
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Best thread of 2013!!!

For real!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.