X would be a great opening band for the fall tour

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 7,993
edited February 2013 in The Porch
Seems as if X has opened a bunch of shows over the past few years, but mostly in South America and Europe.

It was amazing to see Ed come out and sing "Devil Doll" with them in Amsterdam!

It'd be great to see them open some PJ shows in the U.S this fall..........45 minutes of reliable old school L.A. punk rock!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LamentLament Posts: 294
    X is always a great idea.
  • That would be awesome! Extra bar time.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 11,181
    EdsonNascimento" said:
    That would be awesome! Extra bar time.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Bristow 2010, Montreal 2011, Worcester x2 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Phoenix 2013
    EV Providence 2011 Leeds and Milton Keynes 2014
    Been paying attention, albeit not in person, since nineteen ninety effing one... RIP WBCN
  • My Morning Jacket if they are still around
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    for one show its..but if you go to aot...
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • Nah.....we need new blood
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Bell Gardens, CAPosts: 1,313
    the tiki bomb" said:
    Hell muttaphuckkin Yeah!

Mr. X to Tha Z!
  • My whole skeleton is dipped in titanium...
    Bristow 2010, Montreal 2011, Worcester x2 2013, Charlottesville 2013, Phoenix 2013
    EV Providence 2011 Leeds and Milton Keynes 2014
    Been paying attention, albeit not in person, since nineteen ninety effing one... RIP WBCN
  • Sleater-Kinney.

:)

(Ps. I love x)
    - the powers that be left me here to do the thinkin’
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, ILPosts: 679
    Mudhoney
    2000 - Chicago; 2003 - Champaign; 2006 - Chicago 1 & 2; 2007 - Chicago Lollapalooza; 2009 - Chicago 1 & 2; 2010 - St. Louis; 2011 - East Troy 1 & 2 (PJ20); 2012 - Atlanta & Missoula; 2013 - Chicago (Wrigley Field), Dallas, Oklahoma City; 2014 - ???
  • Big Bank Hank" said:
    My Morning Jacket if they are still around
    lol, yeah they still are
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za6z3xcJCvk
    Who is the bigger fool? The person who suffers in reality? Or the person who creates their own reality where they are happy all the time? -Hank Kershell 2013

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A00F7314885A11C
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2013
    X would be great
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,374
    dimitrispearljam" said:
    for one show its..but if you go to aot...
    Haha, true! Really liked that track Nausea though. Worth standing through 9 of their sets last year to hear it 3 or 4 times! :lol:
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds Festival 25.08.06, Wembley Arena 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UKPosts: 10,200
    Actually I look at this a little different...

initially I watched X for the first 3-4 times and just didnt get it, i thought they were just there as some sort of comedy

but by the 7th time of seeing them I was actually enjoying them. They definitely grew on me.

But id love to see Gaslight support PJ this year
  • i'm a fan. i'd love to see wild flag get the gig
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    YieldToNothing" said:
    i'm a fan. i'd love to see wild flag get the gig

I'm actually really surprised this hasn't happened yet. Man, Wild Flag would be awesome. What a great band.
  • dannydanny Posts: 1,554
    old crow medicine show would be different watched them at shepperds bush empire and they were fucking awesome just a thought!
    danny d
  • Lament" said:
    [quote="YieldToNothing"]i'm a fan. i'd love to see wild flag get the gig

I'm actually really surprised this hasn't happened yet. Man, Wild Flag would be awesome. What a great band.[/quote]

apparently t hey were asked to open for PJ but logistically it didn't work out

i need a new wild flag record in my life, i havent heard shit since their last show in brooklyn.....hopefully now that portlandia is ending, something iwll happen.

fucking love that band
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Gary Clark Jr. would be an amazing opener IMO.
    YieldToNothing" said:
    apparently t hey were asked to open for PJ but logistically it didn't work out

i need a new wild flag record in my life, i havent heard shit since their last show in brooklyn.....hopefully now that portlandia is ending, something iwll happen.

fucking love that band
    It would be such a shame if they didn't record a second album. There's such an organic, genuine sense of joy and excitement on the first one. It's one of those records that felt both totally fresh and at the same time totally familiar from the very first time you played it. You don't find those things in a lot of rock records these days.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 11,941
    Happy Birthday, John Doe.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!