This is Interesting for all the Wrigley/Scalper haters

Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 384
edited February 2013 in The Porch
So I've been hearing for a week about how all the scalpers have tickets to Wrigley and no fans do (except for myself and apparently the 3 luckiest Pearl Jam fans in the world). You people are right, the scalpers do have a ton of Wrigley tickets, just maybe not for the band you thought. Based on the information below, the scalpers have 5x more tickets for Jason Aldean than Pearl Jam. 5 TIMES MORE. You know what's worse? Jason Aldean tickets are still available, and he's charging more for face. So if they are still available why aren't the scalpers buying all of them based on the last week's "scalpers own Wrigley" nonsense. Here are the facts as of this posting time:

Jason has 3341 tickets available with this scalper:
http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrow ... ID=1339497

Pearl Jam has 616 with the same scalper:
http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrow ... ID=1339497

Jason also has 8377 tickets available on the "hated" Stubhub here:
http://www.stubhub.com/artist/jason-ald ... d=43324651

Pearl Jam has 1370 tickets available with the same Stubhub "devil" here:
http://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-ticket ... 5683164155

Here is the opinion based on logic:
Seems to me you haters out their should realize that PJ did a pretty good job at trying to score us tickets and for those that didn't get them they had another 10 MILLION PEOPLE of the Chicagoland area to deal with who wanted a night out at a beautiful venue. When people like my stepdad, who hasn't been to a rock concert since Kiss at the New World in 2000 want to go, A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO GO. This place holds 45,000 people roughly for a show, Aldean still has tickets available for face and still 25% are being scalped. Pearl Jam has 4% being scalped. We should be more up in arms that Jason Aldean is playing 2 nights at Fenway the week prior to Wrigley
Post edited by Unknown User on
Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99,Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 4/13/12 (postponed)
«13

Comments

  • gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 627
    +1
    But then again does anyone really know who Jason Aldean is, or really care? Glad I have my GA tix. Great comparison.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 187
    Jason Aldean went on sale 3 months ago in early November; buyers have had tickets in hand for a couple months now. Wrigley went onsale 6 days ago, most scalpers are waiting to receive the tickets before listing them.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    dmbolp" said:
    Jason Aldean went on sale 3 months ago in early November; buyers have had tickets in hand for a couple months now. Wrigley went onsale 6 days ago, most scalpers are waiting to receive the tickets before listing them.
    this..and...so many fans shut out..are angry,upset..

    and see so many tix at scalpers hand..so,OP..what do you expect?
    To send flowers to stubhub?

    sure 10c did good job,as it seems had the best ticket at the venue,at seated and all GA,
    but people try at public sale was a disaster...waiting at wating room for hours and then sold out..
    i understand that people will feel bad..and sure they not have friendly feeling for scalpers site
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 187
    Foriginal Sin" said:
    ...Jason Aldean tickets are still available, and he's charging more for face. So if they are still available why aren't the scalpers buying all of them based on the last week's "scalpers own Wrigley" nonsense.
    Because the demand for the Aldean show is a small fraction of the demand for the PJ show. He's doing a full nationwide tour leading up to Wrigley. Scalpers now know that; if tickets are still available on tickets.com, no one is going to pay marked up prices on Stubhub (except for those who want close seats). Scalpers holding those 8,000 tickets on Stubhub will end up taking a bath.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 187
    WOW!!! Just took a look at these two shows on Stubhub. The cheapest PJ ticket is $250, Aldean starts at $60. 7,500 of the Aldean tickets are cheaper than the cheapest PJ ticket!!! Those are the important facts.

    The difference in demand is ridiculous. To put it in Cubs terms, Aldean is a late August game with the Cubs in the cellar, mathematically eliminated months ago. PJ is game 7 of the World Series.
  • SemperFiSemperFi Posts: 134
    Who the hell is Jason Aldean?
    ...
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 187
    And now a ridiculous comment that probably isn't too far off. 8,300 Aldean tickets have been on Stubhub for months. 1,300 PJ tickets for 6 days. Stubhub has probably already sold more PJ tickets compared to Aldean tickets.
  • I just noticed there is a listing for 9 Ga tix for $100'000 each. :shock: For those who won Ga tix guard them with your life after you pick them up.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    SemperFi" said:
    Who the hell is Jason Aldean?
    the guy with the hat
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    btw..i dont have to repeat myself about the GA tix,are out there..dodnt even think about it...
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    dmbolp" said:
    WOW!!! Just took a look at these two shows on Stubhub. The cheapest PJ ticket is $250, Aldean starts at $60. 7,500 of the Aldean tickets are cheaper than the cheapest PJ ticket!!! Those are the important facts.

    The difference in demand is ridiculous. To put it in Cubs terms, Aldean is a late August game with the Cubs in the cellar, mathematically eliminated months ago. PJ is game 7 of the World Series.
    you..compare this guy with oner of the biggest rock bands ever.. ;)
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • demetriosdemetrios CanadaPosts: 31,097
    SemperFi" said:
    Who the hell is Jason Aldean?
    image
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Villa Hills KYPosts: 426
    I don't listen to country music but I think PJ wouldn't be having this epic concert if it wasn't for him. There basically splitting that cost. Stage, sound, lighting, ECT.

    His show will also sell out by day of event.

    Everybody and anybody that wants to go to this show is gonna pay big bucks to attend. It sucks but this is like the super bowl of rock concerts. No cheap ticket

    Good luck!
    Paul D.
  • dmbolp" said:
    WOW!!! Just took a look at these two shows on Stubhub. The cheapest PJ ticket is $250, Aldean starts at $60. 7,500 of the Aldean tickets are cheaper than the cheapest PJ ticket!!! Those are the important facts.

    The difference in demand is ridiculous. To put it in Cubs terms, Aldean is a late August game with the Cubs in the cellar, mathematically eliminated months ago. PJ is game 7 of the World Series.
    "PJ is game 7 of the World Series" :nono:

    Not even close. I know it's been a while but here is that perspective. Game 7 @ Wrigley for the title... Min $1500 to get in. $2500 ll down the lines. 3500-5000 inside the infield. And I am not from Chicago. How much we're Blackhawks tickets in the cup... $1000-$1500.

    I saw the phillies play the Yankees in 2009 on Halloween. Spectrum 4 scalped for $100-$300. The phillies were $750-$2000 directly across the street.

    More appropriate analogy... PJ is a late September series vs. the Cards for the division.

    Thanks for listening. Everyone can get back to their regularly scheduled complaining!
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

    2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 187
    I admit, Game 7 was too extreme, but I think you get the point. OP is trying to compare the two shows...there's no comparison. Both shows are 5 months away; tickets for the Aldean show are already offered on Stubhub for under face value while the cheapest PJ tickets are more than 3x face. Aldean has been on sale for over 3 months and hasn't sold out...PJ sold out in a couple hours.

    8,300 vs 1,300 has nothing to do with Ten Club doing a good job. PJ scalpers don't have their tickets yet, and no one wants the Aldean tickets.
  • ckravitzckravitz NJPosts: 1,089
    The number of PJ tix available on stub hub isn't a static number. It is constantly changing and being replenished so actually you have no idea how many tix the scalpers actually have. Yesterday I opened the page that displays the available tickets.... number was something like 1280. An hour or two later it was 1240. Another hour or two later and it was like 1290. Without a record of total sold from stub hub to go along with the amount currently available, trying to guess what the scalpers have is really not possible.

    And just for the record, being disgusted with the scalpers isn't the same thing as blaming the band, so this haters label for anyone that is ticked at the scalpers is completely illogical.
  • dmbolp" said:
    WOW!!! Just took a look at these two shows on Stubhub. The cheapest PJ ticket is $250, Aldean starts at $60. 7,500 of the Aldean tickets are cheaper than the cheapest PJ ticket!!! Those are the important facts.

    The difference in demand is ridiculous. To put it in Cubs terms, Aldean is a late August game with the Cubs in the cellar, mathematically eliminated months ago. PJ is game 7 of the World Series.
    Again, I love some people. Before just assuming things and thinking Pearl Jam is the end all be all of everything, why don't you look up some things before posting. Aldean has toured so much over the last 3 years that it would put a lot of bands to shame. Since January 2010, he has had 250 (mostly sold out arena) or so concerts around the U.S. He has put out two huge albums in the last three years. One selling 2.8 million copies and the other that hasn't been out for too long sold just over 400,000 albums its first week of being released.

    Comparing Aldean and Pearl Jam makes no sense. A band who has been around for 20 plus years to a country artist who is currently hitting his peak. I am a huge Pearl Jam fan, but I just hate some of the completely irrational, knee jerk, close-minded things that get said around here.

    Oh and people who are like "cool hat" talking about Aldean and being just assholes. Do a quick search of Ament and look at some of the hats he has worn.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    Joey Eakins" said:
    [quote="dmbolp"]WOW!!! Just took a look at these two shows on Stubhub. The cheapest PJ ticket is $250, Aldean starts at $60. 7,500 of the Aldean tickets are cheaper than the cheapest PJ ticket!!! Those are the important facts.

    The difference in demand is ridiculous. To put it in Cubs terms, Aldean is a late August game with the Cubs in the cellar, mathematically eliminated months ago. PJ is game 7 of the World Series.
    Again, I love some people. Before just assuming things and thinking Pearl Jam is the end all be all of everything, why don't you look up some things before posting. Aldean has toured so much over the last 3 years that it would put a lot of bands to shame. Since January 2010, he has had 250 (mostly sold out arena) or so concerts around the U.S. He has put out two huge albums in the last three years. One selling 2.8 million copies and the other that hasn't been out for too long sold just over 400,000 albums its first week of being released.

    Comparing Aldean and Pearl Jam makes no sense. A band who has been around for 20 plus years to a country artist who is currently hitting his peak. I am a huge Pearl Jam fan, but I just hate some of the completely irrational, knee jerk, close-minded things that get said around here.

    Oh and people who are like "cool hat" talking about Aldean and being just assholes. Do a quick search of Ament and look at some of the hats he has worn.[/quote]
    sure cant compare Aldean and Pearl Jam
    and someone said about Aldean hat,like it or not is an asshole?
    ok
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Green BayPosts: 3,014
    Joey Eakins" said:
    [quote="dmbolp"]WOW!!! Just took a look at these two shows on Stubhub. The cheapest PJ ticket is $250, Aldean starts at $60. 7,500 of the Aldean tickets are cheaper than the cheapest PJ ticket!!! Those are the important facts.

    The difference in demand is ridiculous. To put it in Cubs terms, Aldean is a late August game with the Cubs in the cellar, mathematically eliminated months ago. PJ is game 7 of the World Series.
    Again, I love some people. Before just assuming things and thinking Pearl Jam is the end all be all of everything, why don't you look up some things before posting. Aldean has toured so much over the last 3 years that it would put a lot of bands to shame. Since January 2010, he has had 250 (mostly sold out arena) or so concerts around the U.S. He has put out two huge albums in the last three years. One selling 2.8 million copies and the other that hasn't been out for too long sold just over 400,000 albums its first week of being released.

    Comparing Aldean and Pearl Jam makes no sense. A band who has been around for 20 plus years to a country artist who is currently hitting his peak. I am a huge Pearl Jam fan, but I just hate some of the completely irrational, knee jerk, close-minded things that get said around here.

    Oh and people who are like "cool hat" talking about Aldean and being just assholes. Do a quick search of Ament and look at some of the hats he has worn.[/quote]

    Nobody has worn uglier hats than Jeff. :lol:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • :corn: I never tire seeing these topics :lol:
  • demetrios" said:
    [quote="SemperFi"]Who the hell is Jason Aldean?
    image[/quote]

    Josh Beckett is playing Wrigley???
    1994 Boston, 1998 Mansfield, 2000 Atlanta & Mansfield, 2003 Mansfield (X2), 2004 Boston, 2006 Chicago & Boston (x2), 2008 Mansfield (x2), 2009 Chicago, 2010 Buffalo & Boston, 2011 Toronto, 2012 Amsterdam, 2013 Chicago, 2013 Worcerster (x2), Philly, Hartford
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 7,137
    I wonder if Jason Aldean fans are sitting around being so insecure about who is a bigger star? who has more tickets available on stub hub? etc., etc.

    He has toured extensively, of course the demand will be lower ... if PJ had announced the dates or at at least the cities for this so called fall tour then it unlikely demand for the Wrigley show would have been so high. I suspect many are not so sure a fall tour will happen, and if one does I'm sure most suspect it'll be a minimal tour.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

    "Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 122,853
    lukin2006" said:
    I wonder if Jason Aldean fans are sitting around being so insecure about who is a bigger star? who has more tickets available on stub hub? etc., etc.

    He has toured extensively, of course the demand will be lower ... if PJ had announced the dates or at at least the cities for this so called fall tour then it unlikely demand for the Wrigley show would have been so high. I suspect many are not so sure a fall tour will happen, and if one does I'm sure most suspect it'll be a minimal tour.
    so true..you are right
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 7,137
    and in the world of country music I'd say he's a big star ... he has been nominated and won many awards ... I don't know how anyone thinks they can compare the 2 genres ... I would say at this stage of the game he is a big star no matter what genre.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

    "Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • "Pearl Jam just hates their fans and only cares about money now"~anyone who didnt get a wrigley ticket.

    "Shut up and stop complaining, Pearl Jam tried hard to help us out and we should be greatful"~anyone who got a ticket to wrigley.

    Lucky for me I got tickets....so shut up and stop complaining all you!!!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 4,798
    ckravitz" said:
    The number of PJ tix available on stub hub isn't a static number. It is constantly changing and being replenished so actually you have no idea how many tix the scalpers actually have. Yesterday I opened the page that displays the available tickets.... number was something like 1280. An hour or two later it was 1240. Another hour or two later and it was like 1290. Without a record of total sold from stub hub to go along with the amount currently available, trying to guess what the scalpers have is really not possible.

    And just for the record, being disgusted with the scalpers isn't the same thing as blaming the band, so this haters label for anyone that is ticked at the scalpers is completely illogical.

    THANK YOU...someone with a brain on the forum

    Man the lack of logic and thinking on this board is mindnumbing.

    So just cause you see a certain inventory on stub hub...thats what you think the actual number of tix that are going to be scalped for this show :lol: Seriously some of you ate paint chips when you were kids.

    FUCK SCALPERS X10000000

    And stop using the word HATERS...sounds like you should have a lil dog like Paris Hilton on your lap when you say that

    As for PJ i HAVE NO BEEF...Great band playing a historical site, demand will be through the roof.Once the tour is announced, these prices will come down a quit a bit.

    Peace
    98: 9-10 msg1...00: 8-23 JB1, 8-25 JB3, 8-27 Saratoga Springs...03: 4-30 Uniondale, 7-8 MSG1, 7-9 MSG2
    06: 6-3 ER2...08: 6-24 MSG1, 6-25 MSG2, 6-27 Hartford, 6-30Mansfield...EV Solo 8-5 NYC2
    09: 8-23 ChicagoI, 8-24 ChicagoII, 10-6 LA3, 10-7 LA4,10-9 SD,10-30,10-31 Philly...EV Solo 6-11 Philly2
    2010:5-15 Hartford, 5-17 Boston, 5-18 Newark, 5-20 MSG1,5-21 MSG2
    -Salsa Caliente-
  • JimmyVJimmyV BostonPosts: 6,060
    Jason Aldean has to be a pretty big star because I have at least heard the name before despite knowing even less about country than I do about rap.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • When does One Direction play Wrigley? That show will be a scalpers wet dream!!!!
  • ceskaceska Posts: 441
    PhillyCrownOfThorns" said:


    "PJ is game 7 of the World Series" :nono:

    OP means the Wrigley Field show is Pearl Jam's Game 7, ie, the biggest ticket on their calendar for the year. Totally acceptable analogy. London is their late September pennant race game, heh.

    I have never heard of Jason Aldean before all of this, LOL.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 1,107
    no matter what artists do, tickets are still going to end up in "scalpers" hands, plain and simple. artists do try and prevent it from happening to some extent...by having fan club tickets, by issuing paperless tickets and etc. its never going to change! venues endorse sites like stubhub by making it easier and more convenient to buy and sell tickets on the secondary market, not to mention mlb (wrigley field) and the nhl.
    didnt somone say on here "stop u bitchin", face it, everything is a commodity, you can sell your air miles, you can sell your life insurance policy, everything is for sale! tickets are no different.
    (And these questions can be re-phrased and asked about 90% of what you asked)
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.