Options

This is Interesting for all the Wrigley/Scalper haters

Comments

• Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    ceska wrote:

"PJ is game 7 of the World Series" :nono:

OP means the Wrigley Field show is Pearl Jam's Game 7, ie, the biggest ticket on their calendar for the year. Totally acceptable analogy. London is their late September pennant race game, heh.

Thanks for the support, but that's not what I meant :)

I was pointing out that the demand for these 2 Wrigley shows vary tremendously. A lot of that is due to PJ so far only announcing 2 shows and Aldean with 40+. No disrespect to Aldean and however many albums and shows he's sold out in the past. And no disprespect to PJ or Ten Club.

And Game 7 was way to extreme.

Scalpers have screwed the current ticket system. Will Call and Paperless tickets would certainly help.
  • Options
    The OPs point is valid in my opinion, but not necessarily because of the data they point to. It's not the number of reseller tickets available for either concert that is interesting, but where the tickets are available. Take a look at the seat maps on StubHub for the two shows.

For the Aldean show, you can get a seat in virtually any section, anywhere in the stadium. For PJ, the upper decks are mostly available, but you only see availability in very specific, adjoining sections of the lower level and field, with huge swaths of sections entirely unavailable. It's possible some resellers are holding on to tickets, but there's no way they're this methodical in holding back such specific, adjoining sections. Either some sections were never dumped on the market, which makes no sense with the quick sellout, or the 10c did one hell of a job for us, once again.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    The OPs point is valid in my opinion, but not necessarily because of the data they point to. It's not the number of reseller tickets available for either concert that is interesting, but where the tickets are available. Take a look at the seat maps on StubHub for the two shows.

For the Aldean show, you can get a seat in virtually any section, anywhere in the stadium. For PJ, the upper decks are mostly available, but you only see availability in very specific, adjoining sections of the lower level and field, with huge swaths of sections entirely unavailable. It's possible some resellers are holding on to tickets, but there's no way they're this methodical in holding back such specific, adjoining sections. Either some sections were never dumped on the market, which makes no sense with the quick sellout, or the 10c did one hell of a job for us, once again.

Just looked at stubhub and you are right, the unavailable sections are too many and too specific to be random.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JimmyV wrote:

Just looked at stubhub and you are right, the unavailable sections are too many and too specific to be random.
    im trying all this days to say it....with any possible way..
    and if the standing section was bigger...we would talking about the perfect deal ever,...
    considering the city and the venue..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So based on history (or anything else), is there a guess to how many 10C tickets there will be?
  • Options
    I just noticed there is a listing for 9 Ga tix for $100'000 each. :shock: For those who won Ga tix guard them with your life after you pick them up.

That's stupid. Nobody will buy those. They will drop to a few hundred by the week of the show.
  • Options
    so,let me ask something..

if you buy a tix now.the one of 10.000$ ..they charge your card now,right?

and after 5 months,if the tix isnt in the area suppose to be...you get a full refund right?
    or if you agree,they replace the tix with some other area.....right?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I just noticed there is a listing for 9 Ga tix for $100'000 each. :shock: For those who won Ga tix guard them with your life after you pick them up.

That's stupid. Nobody will buy those. They will drop to a few hundred by the week of the show.

The seller doesn't expect to sell these; it allows him to keep dibs on all actual sale prices. If you list tickets on Stubhub you get to see actual sell prices (to help you adjust your asking price). I bet a lot of listing are for this purpose; you don't have to have tickets to create a Stubhub listing.
  • Options
    dmbolp wrote:

The seller doesn't expect to sell these; it allows him to keep dibs on all actual sale prices. If you list tickets on Stubhub you get to see actual sell prices (to help you adjust your asking price). I bet a lot of listing are for this purpose; you don't have to have tickets to create a Stubhub listing.
    yep..they creating the market like this
  • Options

and after 5 months,if the tix isnt in the area suppose to be...you get a full refund right?

That is true for StubHub. Policies probably vary wildly

From their website:

I have my tickets and I'm at the event, but I can't get into the venue.

We have an excellent Trust and Safety team dedicated to preventing problems just like this. If you can't get into the venue because there is something wrong with the tickets, call us immediately at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482). Our Customer Service team will immediately start working on finding you tickets that are as good as, or better than, the ones you bought. If for some reason they're unsuccessful, you will get a full refund, including service and delivery fees.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    dmbolp wrote:

And with General Admission there is no concern that the actual ticket holder will discover you have made a phony listing for their tickets. If I have section A, row 1, seats 1 and 2 and you list those on stubhub, there is a chance I can catch you in act. There is no chance with GA.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431

From their website:

We have an excellent Trust and Safety team dedicated to preventing problems just like this. If you can't get into the venue because there is something wrong with the tickets, call us immediately at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482). Our Customer Service team will immediately start working on finding you tickets that are as good as, or better than, the ones you bought. If for some reason they're unsuccessful, you will get a full refund, including service and delivery fees.

I bought tickets to a Patriots away game on their and they send you that in a confirmation as well. If you have any trouble getting in they have you call them and basically find a way to get you in the stadium. Im sure if you cant get in you get a full refund and probably a future discount!
    This could be the day
  • Options

From their website:

so..someone takes my money today...my 10.000 dollars..take advadange of them,the till..16th july that he suppose to give me the ones i paid for....
    and then sorry,dont have the section you asked for,,i have a pair at 208 section...you say no,cos not worth 10.000$ and you get a fully refound...
    and you have book all,hotel,rent car,airtickets,and you buy from other scalper last min,whatever you find,just to be in the venue,right?
    fuckin great deal....to be a scalper...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    JimmyV wrote:

And with General Admission there is no concern that the actual ticket holder will discover you have made a phony listing for their tickets. If I have section A, row 1, seats 1 and 2 and you list those on stubhub, there is a chance I can catch you in act. There is no chance with GA.
    exactly..you can make a list now that i have 1000 tix at pit for sale...
  • Options

From their website:

so..someone takes my money today...my 10.000 dollars..take advadange of them,the till..16th july that he suppose to give me the ones i paid for....
    and then sorry,dont have the section you asked for,,i have a pair at 208 section...you say no,cos not worth 10.000$ and you get a fully refound...
    and you have book all,hotel,rent car,airtickets,and you buy from other scalper last min,whatever you find,just to be in the venue,right?

Until you complain to Stubhub and they boot the guy, sure theirs ways around it, but anyways that the risk of scalping, unfortunately.
    This could be the day
  • Options
    TRobinson wrote:

Until you complain to Stubhub and they boot the guy, sure theirs ways around it, but anyways that the risk of scalping, unfortunately.
    but when the delivery says,17th july..so i will complain that day,right? cant do it earlier
    so he gets my 10000$ now and after 5 months i get them back..
    awesome deal!
  • Options
    TRobinson wrote:

but when the delivery says,17th july..so i will complain that day,right? cant do it earlier
    awesome deal!

Yea tickets I bought on Stubhub were sub face value so I couldnt complain....I wouldnt pay 10000 for a ticket, let alone from a scalping site. Wouldnt trust that amount of dough in that situation no matter how rich i was...
    This could be the day
  • Options
    TRobinson wrote:
    TRobinson wrote:

awesome deal!

Yea tickets I bought on Stubhub were sub face value so I couldnt complain....I wouldnt pay 10000 for a ticket, let alone from a scalping site. Wouldnt trust that amount of dough in that situation no matter how rich i was...
    i agree with you,but just try to figure out the policy and how it works..
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    dmbolp wrote:

And even with reserve tickets, you can list the last row in the section/venue, sell them, and eventually find tickets, and "upgrade" the buyer. Stubhub is fine with, and supports, this speculative practice.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    It's times like these that make me proud to be in American. A place where you can buy something, and sell something and not feel guilty about it, unless of course it's an event ticket, than you should be castrated for even thinking about selling it for a penny more than what you paid for it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    81 wrote:
    It's times like these that make me proud to be in American. A place where you can buy something, and sell something and not feel guilty about it, unless of course it's an event ticket, than you should be castrated for even thinking about selling it for a penny more than what you paid for it.

Exactly. Hang the scalpers but flip the Benny's!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    awesome deal!

Stubhub doesn't pay sellers until a week after the buyer receives the tickets, to keep the money from disappearing, and for Stubhub to earn interest on it.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dmbolp wrote:
    Stubhub doesn't pay sellers until a week after the buyer receives the tickets, to keep the money from disappearing, and for Stubhub to earn interest on it.

only a scalper would know this....lynch him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dmbolp wrote:
    awesome deal!

Boom! thats a great idea, guess thats why they are still around.
    This could be the day
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I did get lucky and got tickets when they went on sale. But if I didn't I would buy them off Stubhub, just like I do for every other concert I want to go to but missed out on. I can't believe people are dragging the sour grapes in to a 7th day since they went on sale.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I'm over it at this point.

Fact is if you want to go you will pay the price. Am I bummed about not going? Yeah but I have plenty of friends going and I'm happy for them. Like I've said if I never get to see PJ again that would suck but I am happy about the times I got to see them.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dmbolp wrote:

Or, I could work for the evil empire Stubhub
  • Options
    dmbolp wrote:
    81 wrote:
    dmbolp wrote:

:o:o:o:o:o

skip the lynching....straight to the hanging.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dmbolp wrote:
    81 wrote:

:o:o:o:o:o

skip the lynching....straight to the hanging.

Old school Stoning may be the answer....and not the good type of Stoning!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    LamentLament Posts: 294
    Again, I love some people. Before just assuming things and thinking Pearl Jam is the end all be all of everything, why don't you look up some things before posting. Aldean has toured so much over the last 3 years that it would put a lot of bands to shame. Since January 2010, he has had 250 (mostly sold out arena) or so concerts around the U.S. He has put out two huge albums in the last three years. One selling 2.8 million copies and the other that hasn't been out for too long sold just over 400,000 albums its first week of being released.

Comparing Aldean and Pearl Jam makes no sense. A band who has been around for 20 plus years to a country artist who is currently hitting his peak. I am a huge Pearl Jam fan, but I just hate some of the completely irrational, knee jerk, close-minded things that get said around here.

I'm glad someone had the guts to say this. If Pearl Jam (and Wrigley Field) really believed Pearl Jam could sell out two nights at Wrigley Field then they would have planned for it and left open the possibility. Quit bitching about Jason Aldean. It's not his fault. When the summer rolls around his show will be packed and the people attending will probably have a blast. Other artists and fanbases are allowed to exist. You not knowing who he is says more about how narrow the range of music you allow yourself to be exposed to is than anything else. Some of us forget what it was like before the world decided Pearl Jam had entered the "Elder Statesmen of Rock" pantheon, when it was really easy for the public at large to shit on them (and in turn, us). Don't be those same assholes now.