Options

Reasons why YOU think the 1995 tour was amazing..

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    If they cancelled because they felt like radio stations were abusing power in the ticket giveaways, good for PJ. Hopefully local fans to that show found out the reason for the cancellation somehow, cuz that was pre-everything on the net and I doubt the radio stations took responsibility...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    JH6056 said:

If they cancelled because they felt like radio stations were abusing power in the ticket giveaways, good for PJ. Hopefully local fans to that show found out the reason for the cancellation somehow, cuz that was pre-everything on the net and I doubt the radio stations took responsibility...

Unfortunately no. They cancelled because of Ed's sickness and the whole Ticketmaster fiasco. It was def a dark time for the band but to their credit they came back and made up the show. and it was probably a little bit of serendipity that the radio stations got shit for exploiting some fans. 95 PJ tix were IMPOSSIBLE to get without fanclub.

also the temp at the show in Sept was hovering around 100+ degrees in the pit..... can't imagine putting on the show in July. and we got to see the Ramones open so everything worked out in the end and the dude in line with me that said he ate dogfood got in too!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    1995 Pearl Jam for me was an emotional roller coaster.. I spent a tremendous amount of time and energy procuring tickets to the Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, New Orleans, and two Milwaukee shows. 6 in total.. I was 21 and had seen them 3 times on the Spring 94' Tour, so the anticipation for a year and a half after these experiences was nothing less than insanity. I don't think I had ever been more excited to take a trip in my life. On our drive out to Phoenix from South Florida on a gas stop in Austin, Tx, I phoned in to my dad to let him know we were safe, and making good time. At that point he gave me the news that the tour had been cancelled. My heart stopped, and the devastation started to overwhelm me..Remember, we were just kids, on a trip we spent all spring saving for, all spring getting exciting about, getting impossible tickets for, getting packed and driving cross country for a 3 week adventure to see our favorite band 6 times... It is now all gone...................................

We woke up the next morning and started driving home and were driving 54mph in a 55 on I-10 in Louisiana heading back towards Florida and were pulled over and greeted by the Breaux Bridge, La Police in this fashion... "So where are the drugs at boys?" "The dogs are on there ways. Once the dogs get here, there is nothing we can do to help you" Long story short, they stole all of our weed and all of our money and divided it amongst themselves and let us go with a citation.. Completely shakin up after that, and not knowing how to feel after that, with a combination of relief, anger, and sadness we trudged on home...

We had a few remaining travelers checks we cashed in for a flight to Milwaukee, and we were able to catch the two Milwaukee shows that were played when they announced they were back on, and the only rescheduled show I was able to make it to was New Orleans. I suppose given the circumstances 3/6 isn't bad, looking back, but the adventure we had planned certainly was marred by emotional scars along the way.

Just writing this I can still see and feel the excitement and pain of those weeks.. No regrets, Pearl Jam has always been a journey and a story to tell.. I can remember every seat I have ever sat in, and nervous excitement of the moments leading up to the the first note.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    steved said:

1995 Pearl Jam for me was an emotional roller coaster.. I spent a tremendous amount of time and energy procuring tickets to the Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, New Orleans, and two Milwaukee shows. 6 in total.. I was 21 and had seen them 3 times on the Spring 94' Tour, so the anticipation for a year and a half after these experiences was nothing less than insanity. I don't think I had ever been more excited to take a trip in my life. On our drive out to Phoenix from South Florida on a gas stop in Austin, Tx, I phoned in to my dad to let him know we were safe, and making good time. At that point he gave me the news that the tour had been cancelled. My heart stopped, and the devastation started to overwhelm me..Remember, we were just kids, on a trip we spent all spring saving for, all spring getting exciting about, getting impossible tickets for, getting packed and driving cross country for a 3 week adventure to see our favorite band 6 times... It is now all gone...................................

We woke up the next morning and started driving home and were driving 54mph in a 55 on I-10 in Louisiana heading back towards Florida and were pulled over and greeted by the Breaux Bridge, La Police in this fashion... "So where are the drugs at boys?" "The dogs are on there ways. Once the dogs get here, there is nothing we can do to help you" Long story short, they stole all of our weed and all of our money and divided it amongst themselves and let us go with a citation.. Completely shakin up after that, and not knowing how to feel after that, with a combination of relief, anger, and sadness we trudged on home...

We had a few remaining travelers checks we cashed in for a flight to Milwaukee, and we were able to catch the two Milwaukee shows that were played when they announced they were back on, and the only rescheduled show I was able to make it to was New Orleans. I suppose given the circumstances 3/6 isn't bad, looking back, but the adventure we had planned certainly was marred by emotional scars along the way.

Just writing this I can still see and feel the excitement and pain of those weeks.. No regrets, Pearl Jam has always been a journey and a story to tell.. I can remember every seat I have ever sat in, and nervous excitement of the moments leading up to the the first note.

Thanks for sharing that. I thought I was crushed when they cancelled the NOLA show. Your experience beat mine by a mile.
    got to love the backwoods cops. I got stopped the next year coming home from the SC show in rural Georgia somewhere so I totally relate.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Las Cruces, NM, Pan Am center drove with some friends about three hours to the show by the time we got back the sun was coming up. I'll never forget the waves of people busting through to the floor.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    steved said:

Damn you underdeveloped prefrontal cortex!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I think we finally get a vintage Jack Irons show for our next vault
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Unlock Jack from the underwater vault you have him hiding in 10c!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,168
    Because they tried.

What we learned that launching a tour without ticketmaster is insanely hard.   you have to find your own venues (which was probably hard back then and impossible now).  you have to run the venues yourself including ticketing, merch, services etc....

The tried it.  It damn near killed Eddie, but they tried it.   They tried to give it to Ticketmaster and ultimate failed, but I love the fact they tried, and that the '95 tour is all about that effort.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Needing a classic Jack Irons show here 10c...

• Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    I was 14 and not allowed to go to Auckland. Still not over it...
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,181
    I love these stories!! Keep them coming! I was only 8 in 1995.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    I love these stories!! Keep them coming! I was only 8 in 1995.
    lol.  Me too.  Anyone  got a story 'bout Manila, Philippines show?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I tried like hell to win an all expensive paid trip to see them in casper...I obviously did not win.  
    I listened to casper, red rocks and soldier field the other day: unlock Jack Irons!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    #releasetheirons
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    #releasetheirons
    YES!!!!!

although knowing this band we will get another 2000 show lol.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    #releasetheirons
    YES!!!!!

I mean, all the vaults have been fucking awesome, so if that's the case then bring it. But, I do feel entitled to some 1995/1996 goodness. :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    mcgruff10 said:
    #releasetheirons
    YES!!!!!

Is there anything left from 2000 or did you mean that decade in general ;) I do feel a solid '96 show would be ideal since we'd get No Code songs as well with Jack. I play the hell out of that '95 Australia and Chicago show. I feel like '96 doesn't quite have great quality sounding shows available like every other tour year before the official boots. '96 Berlin is close.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    This was my favorite Tour for the longest time. It would really be great if the next Vault was something not readily available from this Tour...The single from Red Rocks a few years back really got my hopes up for the full Red Rock show. I've viewed the...nevermind.. ;) 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    youknowrobbyyouknowrobby Posts: 120
    The 95 Austin show wasn't cancelled.  Ramones opened.  Sept, 105 degrees, Ramones in leather jackets.  Good times.....
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    #releasetheirons
    YES!!!!!

Is there anything left from 2000 or did you mean that decade in general ;) I do feel a solid '96 show would be ideal since we'd get No Code songs as well with Jack. I play the hell out of that '95 Australia and Chicago show. I feel like '96 doesn't quite have great quality sounding shows available like every other tour year before the official boots. '96 Berlin is close.
    there's the vancouver show from 2000...but that's about it from that year.

95/96 is way over due.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Up the Irons!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,168
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    #releasetheirons
    YES!!!!!

95/96 is way over due.
    I would love it if the Commodore show got a soundboard release... that would be amazing :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    #releasetheirons
    YES!!!!!

95/96 is way over due.
    I would love it if the Commodore show got a soundboard release... that would be amazing :)
    Were you at the show?
  • Options
    The 95 Austin show wasn't cancelled.  Ramones opened.  Sept, 105 degrees, Ramones in leather jackets.  Good times.....

not cancelled........ just postponed like my first show- NOLA 95

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I love all the years
    92,95,98,00,03. My favorite 5 years
  • Options
    #releasetheirons
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PN3987PN3987 Portland, OR Posts: 34
    6/20/95 Red Rocks.   It was my birthday and I was near the front and center.   They started the set sitting in chairs.   
  • Options
    PN3987 said:
    6/20/95 Red Rocks.   It was my birthday and I was near the front and center.   They started the set sitting in chairs.   
    This should be the next vault
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    Zod said:
    Because they tried.

What we learned that launching a tour without ticketmaster is insanely hard.   you have to find your own venues (which was probably hard back then and impossible now).  you have to run the venues yourself including ticketing, merch, services etc....

The tried it.  It damn near killed Eddie, but they tried it.   They tried to give it to Ticketmaster and ultimate failed, but I love the fact they tried, and that the '95 tour is all about that effort.
    Zod, I absolutely love your post.  These guys did try and that is why we respect them  so much.  Never got to see them live in 95 but would also love the next vault to be from this time frame.  So powerful and raw.