Options

Reasons why YOU think the 1995 tour was amazing..

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Recently digging back into the better copies of MW broadcasts...wowzers! Think where they left off in spring 94' aftee Cobain's suicide, Ed making cryptic comments about the band's future? Then they hire Jack Irons and BLAM!!! Full on with fire running through their instruments, piss & vinegar running in their veins. Marathon shows and just playing the shit out of songs.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    ianh42 said:

Oh wow, 1995 is when it really all started for me given that was the year I saw them live for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I'd tried for three years prior and never able to score tickets or go. One of my biggest musical regrets is never seeing Nirvana and not getting the L.A. show with PJ, RHCP and Nirvana still haunts me. My favorite of 1995 that I attended was SAN DIEGO. So special, so much going on at that time and the concert was amazing. I'd say the bootlegs from Australia were even better but I wasn't there. I have the Aussie Dynamos CD's and still pop them in from time to time. SO GOOD!!!

San Diego rocked 1995..we've been to quite a few of the same shows :)
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Melbourne fucking Australia!!! Damn, just downloaded the JWab remaster of this & its off the charts amazing!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    Soldier Field 95 was my first PJ show (and second concert ever). I was 17, me and a few of my best friends bought scalper tickets from the newspaper classified ads (we failed to get tickets via the normal sale) and I think they were $80 a piece for GA (in 1995 to a teenage, this was a ton of money!). We also were worried that these were fakes, but luckily, we were in. That show...I can still remember a ton of it today amazingly. I was in awe. Favorite band before this show....lifelong obsession following it.
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    First time I ever saw PJ was in 95 at tad gormley in Nola. I liked PJ, but wasn't a big fan. They've been my favorite band ever since. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/1995/tad-gormley-stadium-new-orleans-la-4bd6633e.html
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    June 24, 1995 in Golden Gate Park was my 1st Pearl Jam show! Unfortunately Ed bailed after 7 songs due to food poisoning and thank god Neil Young was on hand to save the day! It was an unusually super hot day in San Francisco and the natives were restless but Neil, with the rest of Pearl Jam backing him, tore through a killer set with older songs and some new ones from the 'Mirror Ball' album.
    My second PJ show was also in 1995 - the makeup show on November 4 at Spartan Stadium down in San Jose. I had no idea they could jam like that - real bluesy. I just remember the band kept playing as it got dark - for some reason no one turned on the stadium lights (at least that's how I remember it...)
  • Options
    Beaverhausen209Beaverhausen209 Central Valley, CA Posts: 60
    shecky said:

June 24, 1995 in Golden Gate Park was my 1st Pearl Jam show! Unfortunately Ed bailed after 7 songs due to food poisoning and thank god Neil Young was on hand to save the day! It was an unusually super hot day in San Francisco and the natives were restless but Neil, with the rest of Pearl Jam backing him, tore through a killer set with older songs and some new ones from the 'Mirror Ball' album.
    My second PJ show was also in 1995 - the makeup show on November 4 at Spartan Stadium down in San Jose. I had no idea they could jam like that - real bluesy. I just remember the band kept playing as it got dark - for some reason no one turned on the stadium lights (at least that's how I remember it...)

Right on! Same here. My first 2 PJ shows as well. And your profile pic - I was there for those shows, too. That poster was my grail for the longest time :)
  • Options
    "Right on! Same here. My first 2 PJ shows as well. And your profile pic - I was there for those shows, too. That poster was my grail for the longest time "

Small world eh? Same here on the Stones/Pearl Jam "clown" poster as well. One of the classiest posters ever and I never thought I could afford one then a stash showed up on eBay a year or so ago for like $50. each (seller also had the Nirvana/Chili Peppers 1991 "Devil" posters for around $35. so I was finally able to bag one of those too).
    Anyway, my Stones/Pearl Jam poster is happily hanging next to my Pearl Jam 1995 "Sponsored By No One" tour poster which I still have from the Spartan Stadium show. That poster is my all time favorite Pearl Jam poster and when I met Barry Ament from Ames Bros. a few years ago he told me that was the first PJ poster he ever did.
    Nice talking with you!
  • Options
    Here's a picture of the two posters Beav.
    (I only learned how to upload pix a couple of days ago from a kind soul here on the porch)
  • Options
    The 95' tour cycle was one of the bands best - Jack really elevated the band in a whole new way.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Any show except for soldier field and Melbourne for vault #4 please
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The 95' MW broadcasts!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Beaverhausen209Beaverhausen209 Central Valley, CA Posts: 60
    shecky said:

Here's a picture of the two posters Beav.
    (I only learned how to upload pix a couple of days ago from a kind soul here on the porch)

Nice, Shecky! I got my clown poster through a kind soul in the Lost Dogs forum. There's one hanging in a poster shop in Frisco I had my eye on for years, but it was like $500. A bit out of my price range! And I have the same poster from San Jose for the '95 tour. And my one from the Golden Gate show. That poor poster. I was 17 and had it tacked to my wall. I'll never part with it, but it looks a little haggard.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

This one because I was there and as you can see it was AWESOME:

02/06/95 - Moore Theater: Seattle, WA (Fan Club show) [100m]
    attendance: 1,400
    support act: Magnog
    set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Not for You, Corduroy, Lukin, Dissident, Act of Love, Animal, State of Love and Trust, Daughter/(W.M.A) /(Stuff and Nonsense), Improv , Whipping, Immortality, Go
    enc 1: The Kids Are Alright, Porch, Jack Irons chant/Blood
    enc 2: Jam, Satan's Bed, Rearviewmirror, Instrumental Jam
    enc 3: Act of Love
    notes: Free tickets were mailed to Ten Club members and PJ appeared as the "Piss Bottle Men." A new song/improv ('The Price of Everything' ?) is dedicated to Riz Rollins, a Seattle record store clerk and occasional funk DJ. Ed explains 'Whipping' as a song "... about getting hit in the face, turning your cheek and getting hit again. Come to think of it, all the songs are about that." 'The Kids Are Alright' is solo by Ed, accompanying himself on guitar. Neil Young joins PJ in a surprise 'Act of Love' encore

This is probably in my top 10 of PJ bootlegs, such an intense show and great versions of so many songs
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Any quality sources for that Moore show?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    This one's from pearljambootlegs.org

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA===ZZ9ul5RkbXBsYZFqYJZpWYalptbKgo2YypqllqaSWbaZx6nW0ZhgV451

I have no idea if the quality is any good as I haven't listened to it yet. I am sure the other (great) PJ boot sites have it, too.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

Any quality sources for that Moore show?

Both the Moore 95 shows circulate in excellent quality.. they've been bootlegged by Chrome Hearts as 'Piss Bottle Men' (02/05/95) and by Primadonna as 'Act of Love' (02/06/95).. both are unofficial bootlegs labels of course.. they are audience recording, but the sound is great.. the piss bottle men boot is the only known source for this show (and a bad rip from the bootleg is around, listen for example to Go on the pjboots.org site, has digital errors at the end of the song not present on the silver discs).. the other one there's probably a dat transfer out there, but I don't think it's ever been torrented anywhere, but a bootleg rip is around and easy to find.. two must have bootlegs, imo
  • Options
    6 months later & I still can't get this tour out of my system!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Where's that Vault #4 release? It should be something from this tour.
  • Options
    Reading about the dynamics in the band in 95' - they still managed to rock the hell out of every show they played, save for the one Ed was sick. In that case Neil Jam rocked it all!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Jack, Jack, Jack...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Recently digging back into the better copies of MW broadcasts...wowzers! Think where they left off in spring 94' aftee Cobain's suicide, Ed making cryptic comments about the band's future? Then they hire Jack Irons and BLAM!!! Full on with fire running through their instruments, piss & vinegar running in their veins. Marathon shows and just playing the shit out of songs.

!!!! Yeah brother... I randomly picked up the Missoula 2/8/95 show and 11/1/95 salt lake city to listen to the other day... My My the 10 min. porch from salt lake city...jammed out in a way they don't today. If you closed your eyes you would have thought it was different band. Phenomenal.
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    I was there for both nights, so only 3 words come to mind. Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited November 2014
    guitar smashing and mic stand bashing

EDIT: as someone reminded me- THE RAMONES
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    1- No elitist list
    2- No fucking song request >>>>>>>>>>>>
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888

1- No elitist list

love it!!!!!!!!!!!
    every show from that year kicked ass. time to put on san jose.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    My reasons are purely selfish...got to see my very first PJ concert in 95 and The Ramones opened for the guys that night in San Diego! I was hooked right away!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    mcgruff10 said:

1- No elitist list

love it!!!!!!!!!!!
    every show from that year kicked ass. time to put on san jose.
    Nice yeah loved the shows that yr
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

1. jack irons
    2. jack irons

I was going to say 2 words: Jack fucking Irons
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Jack was the most intense drummer they've had. Unfortunately, I think it contributed to his burn-out but it seemed as if every molecule of his body was laying down the groove when he was behind the kit. And that kinda thing is contagious on stage I think.

They were simply a different band, as they've stated themselves. That can be interpreted a lot of different ways but...there it is.

I saw them in '93 with Dave A. but have always been extremely regretful that I missed them with Irons. That was my favorite era of PJ but I always believed it was because of the material they played/released at the time. But now I think I was fooling myself, wanting to believe the drummer had nothing to do with it (because I love(ed) Matt's, Dave A's and Dave K's playing so much)
    Post edited by -.- Glorified GnothingMan -.- on
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------