Options

Reasons why YOU think the 1995 tour was amazing..

Comments

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,625
    Its been said b4 but nothing really compares to Red Rocks. Raw energy, great setlists, beautiful venue, starry skies.....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    URthekey wrote:
    Its been said b4 but nothing really compares to Red Rocks. Raw energy, great setlists, beautiful venue, starry skies.....

Agreed! Might as well just listen to all of them in order. I've listened to the fan fav's (MonkeyWrench broadcasts mostly) - so it's time to dig deep here and check out more audience recordings. :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Have listened to the entire 95' tour cycle. Time to move on to....? Suggest me a year?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,851
    Have listened to the entire 95' tour cycle. Time to move on to....? Suggest me a year?

What about both nights @ Sports Arena - San Diego, California USA? Find the copies of ..

THE MONKEYWRENCH CHRONICLES VOL. V: AVAIL
    THE MONKEYWRENCH CHRONICLES VOL. VI: RESOLVE

They are great!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

What about both nights @ Sports Arena - San Diego, California USA? Find the copies of ..

THE MONKEYWRENCH CHRONICLES VOL. V: AVAIL
    THE MONKEYWRENCH CHRONICLES VOL. VI: RESOLVE

They are great!! :thumbup:

Yep! Excellent choices! I remember having a silver bootleg of one of these shows back in 1997. Paid like $40 for it and $50 for the Checkpoint Charlie bootleg.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    My 1st and favorite as well ;)

1.Act of Love (Neil Young cover)
    2.Go
    3.Last Exit
    4.Long Road
    5.Animal
    6.Tremor Christ
    7.Corduroy
    8.Jeremy
    9.Lukin
    10.Not For You
    11.Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    12.Why Go
    13.Even Flow
    14.Dissident
    15.Daughter
    16.State Of Love And Trust
    17.Rearviewmirror
    18.I Got Id
    19.Immortality
    20.Black
    21.Spin The Black Circle
    22.Alive
    Encore:
    23.Once
    24.Sonic Reducer
    (Dead Boys cover)
    25.Leaving Here
    (Edward Holland, Jr. cover)
    26.Better Man
    27.Talk About The Passion
    (R.E.M. cover)
    28.Whipping
    29.Porch
    Encore 2:
    30.Indifference
    My favorite:

Austin, my first. May not be the best overall performance, but you always remember your first
  • Options
    I remember all the madness of their first Australian tour - as told by a friend of mine who said people were losing it over the sellouts. So, same story, different year. This band is in demand and that is a good thing!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    I was 21, and tickets were still cheap
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    My first show was in November 1996, I guess this was part of the tour, too... I don't remember a lot, cause it's been so long ago, but I know it was mindblowing. Check out the BERLIN show from November 3rd 1996 :D It started something with me.

I am a donut.
  • Options
    Awesome! I think 96' is next..high school graduation, first year of college...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,851
    Awesome! I think 96' is next..high school graduation, first year of college...

Start up with Checkpoint Charlie. AMAZING BOOTLEG!!! ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    what ever happened to this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K04On2PkdaI

this could be my favorite unreleased, improv (?) song ever by pearl jam. anybody know any additional info on this song?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    supadupa wrote:
    That was the last time I saw them. And I was young and beautiful then, lol.
    Ditto! ;)

Edit: Oops! Misread your post! This was the first time I saw them!
  • Options
    Listening to Washington DC 95 again today. The guy that did the remasters last year did a fucking top notch job with these. Must listen...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I only went to Austin, but it was a great show, Ramones opened, I remember they changed the start time from 7 to 5 and this was before the internet was real popular, so a lot of people, were walking in at the end of the show. I remember some people walked up to me and thought they were opening the show with Indifference, I had to tell them that it was the encore (it was actually the last song) and they were PISSED!

Great show, the venue, Southpark Meadows is now a strip mall and when I drive by I can see where the stage was and the ticket office in front, saw Phish, Bowie, Willie Nelson, HORDE Tour there, it's a real shame that Austin claims to be the "Live Music Capital of the World" and we let so many great venues fall by the wayside. :cry:
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    logan5ive wrote:
    Red. Rocks.

went to both shows! AMAZING
    It was the only thing I could think of that could follow up 4/12/94 at the Orpheum (my 1st)
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    what ever happened to this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K04On2PkdaI

this could be my favorite unreleased, improv (?) song ever by pearl jam. anybody know any additional info on this song?

This song is SICK! I would've loved to hear this improv live! Very deep and meaningful, reminds me kind of like Moonlight Drive by the doors. The one version in the movie minus the music.
  • Options
    Bump for a good discussion here. D recently shared a version of Soldier Field 95' source I'd not heard before. Fucking fantastic!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jburneykojburneyko Posts: 116
    *Not For You kicked all kinds of ass on the 95 tour...
    *it was a lot of work and effort just to get to a show on that tour, due to out of the way venues, show and tour cancellations, non TM ticketing.
    *Bad Religion opened
    *Sponsored by No One
    *Monkeywrench Radio

and Forever in Blue Jeans with Lightning and Thunder (my first show, 7/8/95 Milwaukee)
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 200
    Oh wow, 1995 is when it really all started for me given that was the year I saw them live for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I'd tried for three years prior and never able to score tickets or go. One of my biggest musical regrets is never seeing Nirvana and not getting the L.A. show with PJ, RHCP and Nirvana still haunts me. My favorite of 1995 that I attended was SAN DIEGO. So special, so much going on at that time and the concert was amazing. I'd say the bootlegs from Australia were even better but I wasn't there. I have the Aussie Dynamos CD's and still pop them in from time to time. SO GOOD!!!
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Milwaukee

and our names are on those tickets ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    SORRY!!!! I just realized I already posted in this thread. But hey the shows were amazing so its worth posting twice about then!!!!

Red Rocks. Because I went. I had a great time. They sounded awesome. I went by myself. I got home from seeing (my last show-RIP JERRY) The Grateful Dead on Thursday. Flew out Saturday. Saw PJ at RED ROCKS 2 nights in a row. Amazing trip for sure.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    DD10798DD10798 San Francisco Posts: 44
    JMo wrote:
    That tour really shaped me as a Pearl Jam fan. I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to attend the San Francisco show, and then the San Jose show. Both EPIC for different reasons.

The whole experience, from having printed tickets with your name on them, to waiting in line for 12 hours, to the punk rock feeling of the band at the time. I mean, they were as punk rock as you could get for a 50,000 plus in attendance concert!

Those were my first 2 PJ shows. Just found the tickets stubs a few weeks ago. San Jose was the best 10 bucks I've ever spent.
    1995: San Francisco, San Jose
    1997: Oakland
    1998: Inglewood
    2000: Las Vegas, San Bernardino, Sacramento, Mt. View
    2003: Mt. View, Mt View (Bridge School night 1)
    2006: Santa Barbara, San Francisco II
    2009: San Francisco
    2010: Mt. View (Bridge School night 1)
    2013: Oakland
    2020: Oakland I, Oakland II
  • Options
    Porch at Solider Field. Fuck me man. What a jam!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    jack irons.
  • Options
    rival. said:

jack irons.

Yessir. can't be stated enough!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Sydney 95 one of the best nights of my life. My best friend and I camped at our local shopping centre that had a ticketek shop. We got there sometime early in the night and stayed up all night...it paid off we got 4th row from the front at the side of the stage. We had the best night it's one of the most vivid nights I can remember. Flea joined them on stage and it was Jeff's bday did they sang happy birthday then they had a cake fight. It was the best concert I have been to including seeing Pj and all other bands. They played all of my favourite songs at the time corduroy, SOLAT daughter, evenflow, alive, black, not 4 u, spin the black circle, betterman they also played a few songs I didn't know at the time the needle and damage done and blood. What a night...Then a few days later JJJ radio station dif a live recording from Melbourne I recorded that concert On cassette and I still have it...my most listened to boot :)
  • Options
    CocoyrCocoyr Manila, Philippines Posts: 114
    FOLK ARTS THEATER
    Manila, Philippines

First and only time I saw them. Hopefully not the last.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    where do I find the bootlegs of this tour?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Godzilla..
    I absolutely love this tour. My favorite is either soldier field or Melbourne. Catholic boy jam in the middle of porch at Osaka is kick ass.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......