Options

*** Camden II Fanviews 5/28 Here ***

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Pre-set: Throw Your Arms Around Me, It Makes No Difference (Ed w/ My Morning Jacket)

Set: Wash, Go, Worldwide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly, Army Reserve, Grievance, Gone, Even Flow, You Are, Wishlist, SATAN'S BED!!, Garden, Whipping, Life Wasted, RVM

Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Parachutes, Black/(So Lonely)/(We Belong Together), Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2: Last Exit, Do The Evolution, Glorified G, Comatose, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    this was my kind of set! maybe my favorite PJ show so far. Satan's Bed....that's all I need to say.

Also, the light show rocks on this tour
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    My Morning Jacket Set List: It Makes No Difference (w/ Ed), What a Wonderful Man, Off the Record, Anytime, Lay Low, O Is The One That Is Real, One Big Holiday, Run Thru

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    I was not at Camden I so I cannot compare, but this show was AMAZING.

They played Parachutes, which was a real treat for me. They played Alive, which moved me to tears (and I"m not even making that up). It was the first time I took my wife to a Pearl Jam concert, and she loved it.

Leash, Do the Evolution, Satan's Bed, Wash?!

Plus, the Star Spangled Banner at the end was a great way to end the show. I just wish there was a 3rd Encore. I'm definitely downloading this as soon as it is posted.
    You will try.
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    31 songs! wtf! WOOOO!!
    they were sooo much more into it last night then they were on saturday. i think ed was drunk when they took the stage. he was already messing up lyrics by WWS
    wash?! for a second i thought am i back at the wachovia?
    fucking amazing setlist! as soon as they started playing wash i KNEW this is the show we had been talking about all day.
    GRIEVANCE! YES! i went nuts!

you are! i know its not some peoples fav song but cmon! how often do they play that? umm not that often. people around me werent too excited. i was. then satans bed!!! made me feel a little bit better for missing albany. awesome!

the acoustic encore was great. reminding me of the gorge and got me sooo pumped to see them there in july!

my apologies to the girl i elbowed in the head when DTE came on :o
    im also happy to report that no one puked in my row last night, contrary to the night before
    i thought leash sounded SOOOOOO much better than sat night. it was funny, afterwards this guy behind me was telling someone how "they havent played that song in like 10 years", i said hey buddy, "they played it last night" hahahaha!

such a great vibe from the crowd. people that are talking shit on here about how lame the crowd was last night are idiots. at some points the crowd in my section was singing louder than ed was. just an overall great interaction on all parts. thats how shows should be. honestly this may have been the best show thus far on the tour.

see everyone on thursday :)

ps-i forgive you guys for playing MOTH and parachutes. please dont play them this weekend :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    fp64fp64 Posts: 3
    decent 10c seats,
    awesome music.

just f*cking awesome.

oh yeah, my PJ concerts:
    first time
    second one
    third show
    fourth
    fifth
    or is it 6th?
    fp
  • Options
    repotsearchrepotsearch Florida Posts: 30
    This was my 7th show since 1996 and my first outside of my home state. I have to say I have mixed feelings about this show. I never thought that I would ever be just neutral about a Pearl Jam show. I think this happens to anyone whose been to several shows and listened to countless bootlegs over and over. Who knows, it may even be time to drop PJ for a while. But I never wanted to feel this way about PJ.

I was actually dissapointed to here Evenflow, Alive, Wishlist, and DTE. I think these songs deserve a break. I don't think people are gonna miss songs that have been played 500+ times. I'm all for reinterpretations of songs (i.e Garden).

I share the opinion of many about the crowd. The majority of people were just not into it, with the exception of small groups that were going nuts like one group near me in section 202, row K, seats 65-75. These people made the show for me. However, at the same time the crowd's singing would tell you otherwise. And of course there's always the meatheads that just stand around texting their life away, while a drunk chick yaps her life away about what happened last week throughout the whole show. No participation whatsoever.

The security at this venue sucked. The whole night I had people standing next to me since I had an aisle seat and all the security would do is usher people into their rows and ignore the people just creeping up to get a closer view.

Highlights of the show for me: the acoustic set (Boom's solo in Crazy Mary), Wash as opener, Comatose, hearing Satan's Bed again after 10 years and Leash for the first time.

Dissapointments: I mentioned this already but, hearing Evenflow, Alive, and DTE. The lack of security, the crowd, and feeling just whatever about a PJ show.

Side note about Philly: I really liked how easy it was getting around the city and all the things there were to do. I definitely will be back to visit. All I saw of Camden was the venue itself.
    10.07.96 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    09.22.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    09.23.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    08.09.00 West Palm Beach, FL
    04.11.03 West Palm Beach, FL
    10.08.04 Kissimmee, FL
    05.28.06 Camden, NJ
    06.11.08 West Palm Beach, FL
    06.12.08 Tampa, FL
    11.30.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    12.01.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    04.08.16 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    04.09.16 Miami, FL
    04.11.16 Tampa, FL
  • Options
    Camden II!!

ok so our Caravan got to the parking lot around the same time as the day before. around 2:00, Oddly enough we were able to get the same exact parking spot. this time we came to party. WE had a grill and all kinds of food, mainly becuase we had alot more people with us this time. we had about five cars parked next to one another, we were in the corner next to the dumpster. so easy cleanup!!
    the first thing i did when i got there was go get my Ten Club tix, and my Sisters will call tix. i bought my sister a lawn ticket for her birthday,so she was happy ,this was her fourth PJ show. my best friend has a lock as my partner for 10c tix , and she and my brother know this, so they dont complain. and alot of the people we were with had lawn tix ,so she didnt mind cause she was with alot of people she knew.

when i went to get my tix i was entered in all kinds of 10c shadyness, as stated in my thread over on the PORCh. but i got my tix and i was pleased because i was in the same row as the night before just about 10 seats inward, which put me dead smack in the middle!

tailgating was so much fun only because of all of the great people all around us, i think everyone there had to be sweating out buckets!! it was sOOOOOO hot, and the sun was unrelenting!!. i have the worst sunburn on my forehead, and this with spf 30 on it. sitting in the hot sun & drinking all day, yeah needless to say doesnt make the best combo. i ate alot to keep me from getting drunk.

about 5:00 ish we were tipped that the local Tribute band Five Against One had reformed and were playing a set in the parking lot adjacent to us. my friend "LARGE", knows the lead singer , so we grabbed a few of us and we went over to see the show. they were really on point, and they played with such perfection. they played and acoustic version of sad, and it was unbelievable, and then busted into Crown of Thorns that just blew me away!
    i ran over to the CCFA table where alot of board members we hanging out when the band went on break and gave them a heads up about the mini concert. i went back jsut in time to hear some songs off the new album. i talked to mark ( stone) and he said they are back together but they arent going to be playing as much like before, maybe once a month.

after the mini tribute concert, i wnet back to where our tailgating party was, stayed alittle loneger, and then grabbed my sister and went inside to see the preset and MMJ . the preset was phenominal, i was hoping to hear Dead Man but TYAAM was just as good, then My Morning Jacket came on and once again were wonderful!!,. at this point iwas drinking loads of water to rehydrate myself. i sat on the Lawn for MMJ because my sister didnt have seats and of course i wasnt going to see them by myself, so i sat on the lawn with her for MMJ. then about 20minutes after they were finished i met up with my best friendd who ishare my 10c seat and we went inside to sit.
    i had the same row as the night before just 10 seats inward, i was right in the middle. we sat for about 20 minutes and thenMaster/Salve started playing which triggered the crowd to go ape!!!

what seemed like deja vu, was actually happening again, WASH as the opener! only 8 months before i was blessed with WASH as the opener at the Wachovia center, n ow once again i get to hear this great song. the crowd loved it too.
    then they ripped right into a rocking set of songs, starting with GO!, then into WWS, Severed Hand ( the light show is amazing for this song), corduroy, Save You!, These songs despite what most people say were packed with energy and the crowd gave it back, everyone around me and including me were hopping and singing so loud!

GTF was great, i and cant get enough of when eddie sings FLYING!! and the entire crowd throws their hands up!
    they then busted into my favorite song from the album Armyreserve!! he dedicated it to all of the people serving in the armed forces, and it sounded soo good, i sung sooo loud!!
    Gone is soo good with the entire band, and i have never heard people sing so loud especially for new songs, it made me soo happy. Even flow was kinda dissapointing only because i hear it at every show i have been to , except once, i have been to 11 shows at this point so i heard it 10 times live! but i still sing along to every word.
    you are and wishlist, were simply magical. the lights for You are seemed like an acid trip, and wishlist was real special , i always love the big disco ball, it brings so much life to the song!!

at this point of the song you can Feel the tension comming from Eddie, it was very noticable that something was making him mad, i dont know what happened but he did a few things throughout the first set like chucking a pick very forcefully at jeff, throwing his mic stand and ripping the wire out of it , and then he threw a shirt into the first row pretty hard! i didnt care because the crowd seemed to be fueling off of his energy
    there were four songs i really wanted to hear in Camden, Rats, Leash, Satans bed, and Garden, three of which i got to hear , maybe ill hear rats in EA Ruth. but Satans Bed was fucking fantastic, nothing like State College in 03, they were on fucking point. Followed by a very slow garden but it was still amazing. two fast rockers Whipping and Life wasted, and then a fantastic closer of RVM, it was so full of pure rock energy, and the solo was great too. but then at the end of the song eddie came back on, sang the last verse and ran off stage seeming very angry!

an acoustic 1st encore followed, Wasted reprise , moth, and parachutes were great, the latter especially. and then came one of the greatest versions of Black i have ever heard. it sounded soo good, eddie then tagged So lonely By the police . immediately my friend and i looked right at each other and screamed "Police", and then he brought us back to the early days with We Belong together. then came one of the loudest singalongs i have ever heard with Crazy mary, almost brought the roof down. and that song never loses love from the crowd. then like the night before they ended the 1st encore with alive!
    the 2nd enocre was packed with rockers, something i really like, and what seems really new for the band . i have never seen this many rocking songs in a second encore between both camden shows.
    they started it off with a favorite of mine Last Exit! then DTE!!, and another song i wanted to hear , Glorified G, and man it sounded perfect, he dedicated it to Dick cheney! then the 1-2 punch they gave us the night before , Comatose into Leash, once again the crowd went insane for Leash!!!!! and they fucking Loved Comatose, really really loved comatose, and i can tell the band seemed blown away from the response they got from comatose.

then the closers, Baba which was a crowd favorite for sure, and then Yellow Ledbetter, with the star spangled banner, it was funny because the crowd wanted to sing along to the SSB, but mike kept switching up and it made it unsingable, but man he amazez me every fucking time i see him. the SSB was just fucking awesome!!
    the show ended with two of the best Camden shows i have ever seen. i ve seen them at the tweeter 7 times and sat and sun, were the best 2.

then came the long long ride home. i lve ten minutes away over the bridge in south philly and it still took me almost an hour!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    thatgirl wrote:
    31 songs! wtf! WOOOO!!
    they were sooo much more into it last night then they were on saturday. i think ed was drunk when they took the stage.

maybe YOU were drunk before they took the stage on saturday :D, because everyone else who was there agrees it was one of their best shows ever. i think it's silly to say they weren't "into it" on saturday... :rolleyes: i beg to differ! :p
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    maybe YOU were drunk before they took the stage on saturday :D, because everyone else who was there agrees it was one of their best shows ever. i think it's silly to say they weren't "into it" on saturday... :rolleyes: i beg to differ! :p
    i was sober by that point. saturday was a great show dont get me wrong, sunday was just so much better.
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    Went to both nights and was blown away both times. Didn't think they could top Saturday, but they did! Great set list, and had even more energy than they did Saturday, which is amazing as Sat. was a high octane show already!

Satan's Bed was probably my fave. Ed was SO into it, as he was most of the songs. Way he was dancing at the beginning, singing bent over, his facial expressions. Just awesome.

Can't wait until DC tomorrow night!
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    I share the opinion of many about the crowd. The majority of people were just not into it, with the exception of small groups that were going nuts like one group near me in section 202, row K, seats 65-75. These people made the show for me. .

That was me and my best friends. It gets a little wild, I hope we weren't distracting...were you the shirtless guys from Florida in front of me? I have the red mosquito tattoo.
    "All governments are murderers and liars."
    -Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    K, first of all, Repotsearch, we had the same first ever show!! And I was at HOB and WPB in 03. I just moved up to the NE this past Fall, but I lived in Florida my whole life. Camden 1&2 were my 7th and 8th shows, and 3rd and 4th outside of FL (Did Reading 04 and Philly 05). Just had to get those minor coincidences out of the way.

Night 1 was really great. Had good 10c seats considering my fiancee's number. Our seats for the 2nd night were similar, just on Mike's side instead of Stone's. Unfortunately, the crowd around us was much more into drinking and being shitfaced than the first night's surrounding crowd.

Luckily we had Bill (see my "PatricSaintIII is a Saint" thread!) who rescued us** halfway through the main set!!
    Up towards the front, needless to say, the crowd was spectacular (minus just a few season ticket holders). The band was on fire. Ed was in rare form, and though I didn't see the actual "incidents" that occured (i.e. towel/photographer), I did see the effects and I LOVED IT ALL! He's such a passionate man. I couldn't stop my head from flying around. My apologies if my hair whipped anyone. Speaking of...WHIPPING! SO MUCH FUN!

Garden was beautiful. It was so great to be a part of Bill's first time with that song as well as Satan's Bed. It's always so cool when seasoned followers still get new stuff.

It's all still a bit hazy, so I can't even go into more detail now, but I will say that I would never have believed I'd have more energy the 2nd night than the 1st. I knew the show would be better (IMO it was, anyhow), but we were so freaking exhausted from the long day Saturday, and somehow had reserved energy to spend last night.

I will see you all (those who are going) in NJ on Saturday. And then I will sit and cry until they come back up this way! Anyone going to DC, Storytellers, and/or NJ1, have a fucking blast! These boys have certainly started this tour off well. I can't imagine they won't keep it up over the next 2 legs.

** Just a footnote about us moving up. We were in spaces left empty by folks who left. I just want to make it clear that we were not like those who were just trying to cram in. :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 229
    This was my 7th show since 1996 and my first outside of my home state. I have to say I have mixed feelings about this show. I never thought that I would ever be just neutral about a Pearl Jam show.

I'm sort of with you on this. It was almost as though there were two separate shows. The main set was fine, but with the exception of Satan's Bed, nothing really stood out. The Wash opener was nice, but nothing else did anything for me. The crowd, at least in the middle of the lawn, was not into the main set at all. It was as though the opener was still playing and people were waiting around for the real show to begin (no offense to MMJ - I thought they did a hell of a job).

The encores however, were amazing. The first was so mellow and they nailed everything, particularly Parachutes. The crowd seemed to really wake up during Black, and Crazy Mary and Alive were two of the better versions that I have heard. It was as though a switch was flipped in Boom's Crazy Mary solo and everything was loud and insane afterwards.

The second encore was really high energy and everyone was going nuts the entire time. I knew that they played Leash at one of the Boston shows, but I didn't have a chance to read the Camden I setlist and was completely speechless when it began.

This was my 8th time seeing them. The main set wasn't anything to write home about, but the last hour was probably the best 60 minutes I have ever experienced at a show. Can't wait for the DC show on Tuesday.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    Spark123321Spark123321 Posts: 39
    Loved the show tonite......Satan's Bed? Are you kiddin me? Leash again? Army Reserve was so great.
  • Options
    groovNgroovN Posts: 92
    i was lucky enough to score 10club tickets for both nights. i'm glad i did, because the nights were so different!

night 2 was an incredibly amazing concert. from ed singing throw your arms around me to only a handful of us was a gift i will never forget. what ever problems the soundboard had on saturday night was fixed on sunday because the sound was rich and deep. the first set, opening with wash was awesome. from where i was, section 103, the crowd was so very into ever note that was played. these two guys in front of us were just jammin out and the emotion was catching. there were a few repeated songs from night one, but the diverse setlist kept me on my toes....zam - 10, zam - binaural, zam - avocado....very cool! and the songs from 10, well, it was like being back in the day. the raw emotion and ed's voice and passion just created a time machine.

the accoustic set was beautiful, black was beautiful. the guys were at the top of their game, musically and energy wise. ed has become quite the guitar player and the sound blended so well together.

this concert was another love fest of philly fans for pearljam and pearljam for philly fans. we are so fortunate in this area to have awesome dj's who spin pearljam music for us and have helped to create an energy for this band who we love so much.

thank you pearljam!!!!!! can't wait to see yas in my hometown again :)

oh - and a word about the crowd - just because somebody's enjoyment of this music doesnt look like your enjoyment doesnt mean they arent enjoying themselves and fully involved in the energy. im a bouncy, dancey girl but the guys next to me stood still most of the time, but we both rocked out the entire concert.
    picture an empty cup in the middle of the sea
  • Options
    groovN wrote:
    i was lucky enough to score 10club tickets for both nights. i'm glad i did, because the nights were so different!

night 2 was an incredibly amazing concert. from ed singing throw your arms around me to only a handful of us was a gift i will never forget. what ever problems the soundboard had on saturday night was fixed on sunday because the sound was rich and deep. the first set, opening with wash was awesome. from where i was, section 103, the crowd was so very into ever note that was played. these two guys in front of us were just jammin out and the emotion was catching. there were a few repeated songs from night one, but the diverse setlist kept me on my toes....zam - 10, zam - binaural, zam - avocado....very cool! and the songs from 10, well, it was like being back in the day. the raw emotion and ed's voice and passion just created a time machine.

the accoustic set was beautiful, black was beautiful. the guys were at the top of their game, musically and energy wise. ed has become quite the guitar player and the sound blended so well together.

this concert was another love fest of philly fans for pearljam and pearljam for philly fans. we are so fortunate in this area to have awesome dj's who spin pearljam music for us and have helped to create an energy for this band who we love so much.

thank you pearljam!!!!!! can't wait to see yas in my hometown again :)

oh - and a word about the crowd - just because somebody's enjoyment of this music doesnt look like your enjoyment doesnt mean they arent enjoying themselves and fully involved in the energy. im a bouncy, dancey girl but the guys next to me stood still most of the time, but we both rocked out the entire concert.

the sound was a MAJOR improvement from night 1!!! Night 1 was like some jukebox greatest hits, low energy- Night 2 just fucking balls out rocked. When Ed came out and did the "And on the 2nd night God said let it rock" bit he wasn't kidding this time.
    Pre-set: Throw Your Arms Around Me, It Makes No Difference (Ed w/ My Morning Jacket) Awesome- This old band tune is PERFECT- its really such a great gem to hear live and they really pulled it off nicely this time around.
    Main set was KILLER- Set: Wash (YEAHHHHHHH!!! Great opener!) , Go, Worldwide Suicide, Severed Hand, (People were losing it all around me!!!!) Corduroy, Save You (Hell yeah), Given To Fly, Army Reserve (hauntingly beautiful), Grievance, Gone, Even Flow (even even flow my no 1 piss song was so right on tonight!), You Are, Wishlist, SATAN'S BED!! HIGHLIGHT OF THE SET!!!!, Garden, Whipping (out of fucking control), Life Wasted, RVM (whoo!!! what a fuckin set!) Encore 1: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Parachutes, Black/(So Lonely)/(We Belong Together), Crazy Mary, Alive (Slower set again, but definitely played realllly well- A fuckin +)
    (encore 2 just fucking ripped!!!): Last Exit, Do The Evolution (oh my- what a fucking party!), Glorified G (flat out unreal!!!!), Comatose!!!!!!, Leash (AGAIN?!?! Staple song from now on?!!? not as strong as camden 1 here- a little sloppy), Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner) Love the banner closer!
    Next to the 2 MSG shows this will go down as my number 3 show of all time. Can't wait to get back on the road too see more- can't fucking wait- bad luck for me in dc, have a fucking blast, see you thursday!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    repotsearchrepotsearch Florida Posts: 30
    That was me and my best friends. It gets a little wild, I hope we weren't distracting...were you the shirtless guys from Florida in front of me? I have the red mosquito tattoo.

No I was in the same row, #79. You guys were not distracting at all. Like I said, you guys made the show for me. Much rather be distracted by you guys rockin' out than the idiots cramped up along the aisle who were talking and texting the whole tiime.
    10.07.96 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    09.22.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    09.23.98 West Palm Beach, FL
    08.09.00 West Palm Beach, FL
    04.11.03 West Palm Beach, FL
    10.08.04 Kissimmee, FL
    05.28.06 Camden, NJ
    06.11.08 West Palm Beach, FL
    06.12.08 Tampa, FL
    11.30.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    12.01.12 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ed Solo)
    04.08.16 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    04.09.16 Miami, FL
    04.11.16 Tampa, FL
  • Options
    quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    First off, Ed scared the crap out of me at this show..the intensity! I started off up in the lawn, then moved to my 1st row spot (needed to smoke and you can't do that in the first row). The setlist was amazing. I brought a friend who had never been to a big rock show at all, needless to say, she was in awe and is now a bigger PJ fan than before! The scary point came when Ed sent his mic stand crashing down onto the stage. The echoing bang it made totally scared me. At a few points when he ran to the side of the stage, he would sit under Boom with his head in hands, drink and light a new cigarette. He looked massively pissed. The towel throwing was interesting. The photographers were there so long. My old Pearl Jam photo pass was only for 3 songs, these guys were in there forever and standing outside the outlined boxes for photographers at times.
    All of this anger made the songs feel much more intense being up there. At one point he squated down at the edge of the stage right in front of me and, as usual, his singing put me in a trance. So amazing. It was all just a completely different feeling energy than the last bunch of shows I've been to.
    My review is a big ramble, but overall, the show was amazing (I just wish Mike ended YL with a different solo than the night before, although it was appropriate for the weekend). I just wonder what had Ed so upset, it was a bit frightening at times.
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • Options
    I mean I just want to say "thanks again" to Pearl Jam for putting on another show, and for me being there:)
    I dont like it when people bitch about shows. Shit, you should just be happy to be there. Looking at it with a critical eye is one thing, bitching another.

In terms of comparing this show to another show: I leave every show with that awesome spent feeling, that I gave it my all ( I dance like a maniac the whole show and go ballistic during the encores -btw Teenage Wasteland kicked ass). They always end with such a GOOD energy. And I leave every show a better person, more grateful, and if i wasn't grateful, I get grateful. These guys are a gift in our time- they unite us and bring us together in an often lonely world. So I don't bitch.

PS. Say a prayer I get the right tix for 6/3. There are plenty available on ebay and CL.

It's funny- the last 3 (of my 4 shows) I've been literally next to the soundboard! Possibly the best area for sound in a given venue...no?

This is my first Post! YAY!
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    Thanks for being so Kind to Dan and myself (Rob)! The fans behind us were awesome to,especially the guy with the black Pearl Jam character shirt whose vains were popping out of his neck the whole show! When Eddie was talking about the boy Sebastian coming thru the birth canal during Black, he yelled "BREAKIN' ON THRU" in a Randy the Macho Man voice!!! Made me laugh
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    thatgirl wrote:
    i was sober by that point. saturday was a great show dont get me wrong, sunday was just so much better.

:rolleyes:

:p
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    The 6 best pics I took, cropped and edited

http://www.dreamt.org/spinfrog/Philly06/touchups/

They are from both nights.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS, THIS WAS THE BEST F**king SHOW EVER!!!
    The music was unbelievable. So much energy, Ed wasnt as drunk but he was on fire! All I can say is PARACHUTES!! It was beautiful. The sit down set was awesome. The crowd to me was much more into in the second night, I felt than the first night. But the first night this old, drunk lady would not stay off of me so that kind of put a damper on the first night to me. Everything was pure magic to me. Thanks guys, what an amazing trip!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I was at both shows as well and I have to say they were both great in there own way. I was had tenclub tickets in section 203 row K for night 1 and was lucky to be on the aisle, got some breeze and plenty of room to jump around and dance. That being said I thought night 1 just kicked my ass. It was full of energy, especially the first set, I kind of figured this since they had a night off between Boston and Philly. There were plenty of highlights but everyone pretty much covered them already. I just appreciate every chance I get to see this band.

Night 2 I was fortunate enough to get a great ticket off ebay. I ended up section 102 row K dead center. It was a totally different experience then night 1 and both were great in there own special way. This night I was able to see with better detail. I was solo with this ticket but had a great time none the less. I was a little more subdued then night 1, less space and I didn't want to interfere with those around me by bumping into them constantly. I was shocked to see Eddie getting angry so much, but I do believe it added intensity to the show. What everyone posted in the prior post on this subject makes sense and I appreciate the info since I was curious myself. I thought the flow of the show was perfect for a night 2 set. I figured we would get an acoustic 2nd set since it was a consecutive show, the boys need a break sometimes too.

Both nights were amazing to me in different ways and I am glad I was able to experience them back to back like that for the first time.

As for my buddy (that guy), I am glad I wasn't with him on night 2, as soon as we got back to the car he started complaining about the repeated songs. It was like being in a scene with Debbie Downer from SNL. But then again this guy would bitch about anything. I am sure the band understands that there are going to be people doing both nights, but they also have to cater to those that are only doing one show. I thought the set-lists were great for both shows.

So to close this rambling of my experience I just want to say thanks to the band for a great Memorial Day Weekend.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    i definitely liked sunday night's show better than saturday's. (although the saturday poster is much cooler)

i have to admit, i wonder if i'm becoming one of those jaded PJ fans though, who maybe expects too much. i was very happy on saturday to hear alive, even flow, and corduroy. but i didn't think they'd play them all the next night too. i can understand repeats of the new material, but with such a huge catalog to draw on... well, i was a bit let down. don't get me wrong, they sounded awesome and i was totally into it both nights, but i remember when stone hit the opening riff for alive, i looked at my brother and was like, 'again?'... i know they'll play it multiple times on tour, i just didn't think it would be 2 nights in a row in the same city.

whatever the case, i am totally psyched for DC tonight. this is my last east coast show, so i gotta wait until vegas to hear them again. tonight should be fun. going to hit the CCFA pre-party and then see if i can get in early enough to get a poster. despite my comments earlier, don't misunderstand: i LOVE this fucking band and have been having a BLAST at the shows (10c seats are pretty good too). i guess all i would ask is that one of my holy grail songs get played tonight: Down, Breath, Crown Of Thorns... but if they don't, i'll still be blown away at the end of the night.

Rock on.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    taetum19taetum19 Posts: 12
    This was my 7th show since 1996 and my first outside of my home state. I have to say I have mixed feelings about this show. I never thought that I would ever be just neutral about a Pearl Jam show. I think this happens to anyone whose been to several shows and listened to countless bootlegs over and over. Who knows, it may even be time to drop PJ for a while. But I never wanted to feel this way about PJ.

I was actually dissapointed to here Evenflow, Alive, Wishlist, and DTE. I think these songs deserve a break. I don't think people are gonna miss songs that have been played 500+ times. I'm all for reinterpretations of songs (i.e Garden).

I share the opinion of many about the crowd. The majority of people were just not into it, with the exception of small groups that were going nuts like one group near me in section 202, row K, seats 65-75. These people made the show for me. However, at the same time the crowd's singing would tell you otherwise. And of course there's always the meatheads that just stand around texting their life away, while a drunk chick yaps her life away about what happened last week throughout the whole show. No participation whatsoever.

The security at this venue sucked. The whole night I had people standing next to me since I had an aisle seat and all the security would do is usher people into their rows and ignore the people just creeping up to get a closer view.

Highlights of the show for me: the acoustic set (Boom's solo in Crazy Mary), Wash as opener, Comatose, hearing Satan's Bed again after 10 years and Leash for the first time.

Dissapointments: I mentioned this already but, hearing Evenflow, Alive, and DTE. The lack of security, the crowd, and feeling just whatever about a PJ show.

Side note about Philly: I really liked how easy it was getting around the city and all the things there were to do. I definitely will be back to visit. All I saw of Camden was the venue itself.

I know what you mean. I thought Saturday was better, but I'd like to hear the boots to verify which night they sounded better.

I was TOTALLY disappointed in Sundays second encore, besides Glorified and Baba (yawn, time for some new covers), they were all dupes from Saturday. Been playing Indifference all tour, we dont get it once......AND ENOUGH WITH YELLOW LEDBETTER. why do they insist on closing every effing show with that song, i dont get it. yeah, the Star Spangled Banner was cool, but open the show with Mike out solo ala Jimmy Hendrix and blast off with it and leave that song off the playlist. play it in the middle even, i dont care. but why is it the closer EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. do they want to become that predictable?

sorry, it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when you close both shows with it. ugh. satans bed was sick though, the only other time i'd heard it live was state college in 03 and we all know how that attempt went.

ps., you missed NOTHING in Camden. the best part of Camden is when you are leaving it.........
    how much difference does it make...
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    night 2 was fucking awesome, that is not a subjective statement. The fist pumping, sing a longs, pissed off ed........wow. For those It also blew night one out of the fucking water. During the set I would look back at the lawn and it was amazing to see people with their hands up near the very back! At Alpine, the lawn is generally pretty dead.

In any case, it was loud, raucous,. anfd the band was ON! Best version of whipping ever, Alive was as good as its ever been done with Cameron hitting the double bass drum and backbeat for a good 2 minutes near the end of the song, comatose was amazing.........I think one of the coolest parts was that there was not a ton of the PJ greatest hits type songs and it still rocked.

In any case, thanks to all for a great time, great parking lot scene and great to meet ya'll- Jen, Fanch, Grace (board legend), thatgirl, etc. See you in St. Paul!
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Swanton wrote:
    I was not at Camden I so I cannot compare, but this show was AMAZING.

They played Parachutes, which was a real treat for me. They played Alive, which moved me to tears (and I"m not even making that up). It was the first time I took my wife to a Pearl Jam concert, and she loved it.

Leash, Do the Evolution, Satan's Bed, Wash?!

Plus, the Star Spangled Banner at the end was a great way to end the show. I just wish there was a 3rd Encore. I'm definitely downloading this as soon as it is posted.

My friends make fun of me cuz I often tear up during "Yellow Ledbetter" when Eddie tells Mike to make him cry. Also when Eddie belts "Boxer or the bag"
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    This was my 21st show, and I almost didn't get to go - like a bunch of others, didn't realize it was memorial day weekend when 10c tix went on sale, so i had to watch ticketmaster for a month and finally got 2 seats in the 200 section. Wow! What I would have missed if I'd only gone to night 1. I loved this show so much! Some people think there were a lot of repeats; I guess I didn't think that. Or the repeated ones were all ones I like. I never get tired of DTE, Comatose, and I'll take Leash as many times as they'll give it - it is one of the best songs to sing with everyone to. I LOVED the second encore. Their second encores are kicking hard this tour and I love it.

Other highlights were first time hearing Parachutes live - I liked it alot better live than on the album. I feel that away about a lot of their songs - it takes the live show to really bring some songs to life. Man of the Hour is so beautiful.

I also really am liking how the setlists are constructed - if you pay attention at all, you can see that a lot of thought goes into the selection and order of the songs. Army Reserve, followed by Grievance, followed by Gone. That was not just a coincidence IMO.

We were not in 10c seats this time but it was all good - we were more into it than some around us, but that doesn't affect me - as long as people aren't shoving me too much or puking, its all good. The guys in front of me were cracking me up - they were taking pictures of each OTHER, as well as of the show, and then showing their friends the pics, dancing and singing as we were, and just basically added to my enjoyment of the show.

We were a little on edge leaving (had my 12 year old daughter with me) as we did not want to miss the first ferry, so we RAN out of the venue, around the corner, through the parking lot and up the big hill. It pays to work out :) However it is surprising that once we were in line, people will try to push past a small 12 year old in line....she commented that they hadn't learned anything in school....

What other highlights? RVM strobe - I wish that went on about 4x as long - I love that part. Severed Hand, Comatose - I am loving that song so much. Pearl Jam keep as much Avocado material in the sets as possible!

Camden II is my 2nd favorite show of this tour, after Albany (out of the 6 I've been to).

Oh - how did I leave out that hearing Wash as the opener was awesome - heard it in Ottawa, but so nice to have it again, AND the preset with Throw Your Arms Around Me - that is a very sweet song.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    I preferred this show to Camden 1. You can never go wrong with a Wash opener. Alive and RVM were the best live versions I've ever heard of those songs. Comatose and Severed Hand were the best new songs and deserve to be played on future tours. Satan's Bed was a great addition, as was Garden. The first encore was one of the better ones I've seen. Although it was mostly a seated set for the band with mellower songs, it didn't have the same annoying vibe the night before when everyone was making out with their girlfriends. Leash was the highlight of the second encore. There weren't as many of the "greatest hits" songs from the night before, but there were more "rarer" songs which haven't been played as much in the last 2 years, which wsa fine with me.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22