Options

*** Camden II Fanviews 5/28 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    I was there both nights. I love every Pearl Jam show I go to and I have to say, Sunday night was one of my favorites. Opening with Wash, hearing Garden, the Crazy Mary sing along, Rearview Mirror ROCKED!! Parachutes and Man of the Hour were beautiful and the version of Black they played that night was moving. I loved how we all clapped to the beat at the end of the song and Ed seemed almost too moved (or drunk!) to keep singing, he just clapped along with us. How amazing. Sunday was one of those shows where you could just feel the exchange of love between the fans and the band. We loved them and they loved us right back. This was one of the best weekends I have had in my life. Getting to the lots and hanging out - drinking beer, laughing and spending time with some of my lifelong friends as well as making new friends (is it me, or was everyone in the parking lot super nice and cool to hang out with??); only to realize...Hey! We still get to go into the show!!! I love that feeling! The shows are always incredible and every time I see them, I think I love them more. :)
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    jumpincatjumpincat Posts: 68
    This was my 4th show on the tour and my 27th over all. Something just made this show click...The way the show just moved was something special....
    I wouldnt go as far as saving best show I have seen. But if you were lucky enough to have been in attendance....You lucked out.

Wishlist was special, Black and Porch and Leash and Comatose Should be penciled in every show.....
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 398
    Having attended night 1 as well, I would have to say that I enjoyed night 2 a little bit more. If you saw my post in the Camden night 1 thread, you will see that night 1 was maybe just a little too chaotic as far as the non-concert events that I was dealing with.

We arrived at the tweeter center around 4:00 pm to meet up with some friends who had a sick tailgate going on. Keg, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken wings...the works. It was a very relaxing few hours. Luckily the sun slipped behind the clouds for a while, because when we first stepped out of the car upon arrival it was seriously HOT!

After lawn seats for night 1, my bro and I had fan club tix for night 2 in section 202. It was a very good group of people to be sitting with. The two dudes behind us were throwing up high fives left and right. They knew every word to every song as my bro and I did. I guess the only two people who weren't cool was the guy with his girlfriend next to me. I think he was mad because I kept bumping into him. I didn't mean to, but I was just rocking out hard and enjoying myself. I apologized every time I bumped him. Also, I tried to give his girlfriend a high-five but she shot me down and gave me a real dirty look.

Maybe it was because I was in the seats for night 2, but it seemed like a slightly better crowd for night 2. Anybody feel that way? I've heard some people say night 1 crowd was better...I don't know.

Anyway, great set again. I loved the more low-key encore 1 w/ Wasted Reprise into MOTH, Parachutes, Crazy Mary, and a great great version on Black.

All in all, a fantastic 2 nights in Camden. I really really enjoyed myself and have to thank the band, the ten club, and all of the great PJ fans of the Philly area. Well done...well done indeed.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    I was at both Camden shows, and the second night was definitely better. I almost died when they opened with Wash! I had sixth row center the first night, and eighth row on the aisle the second. I liked my second night seats better as well. I was excited to hear Satan's Bed too!
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die...the in-between is mine."
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    I had tenclub seats in section 104 on both nights. My seats were about eight rows closer on Sunday night (thanks tenclub!) but I enjoyed myself a little more on Saturday. Both shows were awesome and the band rocked both nights but on Sunday we were stuck in the middle of a big group of people who were obviously not big fans. They weren't really annoying or anything beyond the potsmoking and making out with girlfriends but it just wasn't as fun as sitting right in the middle of a big group of hardcore fans like we did on Saturday.

Oh yeah, to the douche bag sitting behind me (104 row Q) on Sunday complaing about how much ed sucks all night, please do us all a favor and stop going to shows. I had to listen to this idiot complain about ed can't sing anymore, how they never play anything decent, and how he is too old to be throwing the mic stand and storming off the stage. Stay home!
  • Options
    onealdudeonealdude Posts: 1
    That was me and my best friends. It gets a little wild, I hope we weren't distracting...were you the shirtless guys from Florida in front of me? I have the red mosquito tattoo.

I might have been part of the shirtless dudes from Florida.....kinda tall, dark hair and blonde hair? I have freaking bruises all over me. Everyone else still in tact? we were in 202 row j (forget the seats....pretty sure in the 60's)
  • Options
    Man, I am glad I snagged tix to the second show. Both were great. I'm having a hard time deciding which show I liked better; the first or second. I think the second had the better overall setlist, but the band was slightly more 'on' the first night. I could have done without some of the repeats. As much as I don't care for Leash, it did feel kinda special to hear it two nights in a row. The re-worked Garden was quite powerful, and an awesome surprise!
    For Rent
  • Options
    I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS, THIS WAS THE BEST F**king SHOW EVER!!!
    The music was unbelievable. So much energy, Ed wasnt as drunk but he was on fire! All I can say is PARACHUTES!! It was beautiful. The sit down set was awesome. The crowd to me was much more into in the second night, I felt than the first night. But the first night this old, drunk lady would not stay off of me so that kind of put a damper on the first night to me. Everything was pure magic to me. Thanks guys, what an amazing trip!!

nicely said!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    31 songs! wtf! WOOOO!!
    they were sooo much more into it last night then they were on saturday. i think ed was drunk when they took the stage. he was already messing up lyrics by WWS
    wash?! for a second i thought am i back at the wachovia?
    fucking amazing setlist! as soon as they started playing wash i KNEW this is the show we had been talking about all day.
    GRIEVANCE! YES!
    any show w/ Grievance is a great show in my book......
  • Options
    bilash31bilash31 Posts: 3
    We wanted to thank everyone for being so great to our little man Sebastian at his first concert. He was the little guy in the V is for Vedder shirt that so many of you stopped to talk to. PJ fans are the best. As you can imagine we were in total shock when Eddie dedicated Black to him. I know that lots of fans told us that they had audio /video of the dedication. We would love to see that and /or any photo's of him . We were in 100 S and lots of fans in the rows below us took picks. We are forever thankful to the fans and the band for giving him literally his first really great day. We are all still smiling from it.
    Peace and Love,
    Sebastian & his family
  • Options
    I went to both shows - I have been to about 20+ shows and Sunday night was one of the best I thought....maybe it was my seat that helped - (Sat night I was not fortunate enough to get a good seat since I missed out on 10C tix for that night - was in 204 sec in the back and the crowd around me was horrible to say the least!!) but Sunday I got great 10C seats and the crowd was amazing - esp. in the last hour or so....I loved the whole thing...sounded great, great sets, eddie was nuts and Jeff was enjoying himself quite a bit jumping all around....I'm happy just to be there...insanely happy most of the time. I am kinda new to the messege boards - but a longtime PJ lover/10C member....
  • Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    31 songs! wtf! WOOOO!!

wash?! for a second i thought am i back at the wachovia?
    fucking amazing setlist! as soon as they started playing wash i KNEW this is the show we had been talking about all day.

Yeah WASH must have been awesome..Saw them open with WASH in Ottawa and that was an amazing show..I was at the Toronto show last month and was hoping for that song.. Oh well..maybe in June when I go see them in big Ol Pittsburgh...never been there..hope Pittsburgh's a good town to party in !
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Vis4Vedder wrote:
    We wanted to thank everyone for being so great to our little man Sebastian at his first concert. He was the little guy in the V is for Vedder shirt that so many of you stopped to talk to. PJ fans are the best. As you can imagine we were in total shock when Eddie dedicated Black to him. I know that lots of fans told us that they had audio /video of the dedication. We would love to see that and /or any photo's of him . We were in 100 S and lots of fans in the rows below us took picks. We are forever thankful to the fans and the band for giving him literally his first really great day. We are all still smiling from it.
    Peace and Love,
    Sebastian & his family

I didn't see him, but that was really cute. How old is he?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    What an amazing show! Wash opener was awesome and unexpected. Same goes for Satan's Bed. The revamped Garden was very cool to hear. I've always been a fan of when they rearrange their songs live (new Jeremy '96, In My Tree '03, etc). Whipping just rocks live, as well as Grievance. How about that RVM??!?!!?!?! Absolutely insane jam that just blew my mind, probably my highlight from the night (I don't give a shit how many times they've played it).

The first encore was my other fav part of the show. MOTH, Parachutes, Black...all sounded beautiful. Boom was GOING NUTS on Crazy Mary and sent the entire crowd into a frenzy. What a great moment. The excitement carried over into a wonderful version of Alive (again, don't care how many times they played it) with the crowd doing the "YEAH! YEAH!" chant as soon as the 2nd part of Mike's solo started and not stopping until it was all over.

Second encore rocked out. Leash was a nice treat and one can never get enough Baba or DTE. It all culminated with Ledbetter and an extended Star Spangled Banner by Mr. Mike.

The boys were visibly having a lot of fun and enjoying themselves. Eddie gave off the impression that he never wanted to stop playing. He was also quite intoxicated from the get-go, screwing up some words in the beginning. I heard a couple of "La-la-la's" and "na-na-na's" during WWS, haha. An unforgettable night and I can't wait for the next Jersey shows to close out the 1st Leg!

"And God said on the 7th day...you will rock your ass off until the cows come home." - EV 5/28/06
    9/29/96 - Randall's Island, NY
    9/8/98, 6/1/06, & 6/3/06 - East Rutherford, NJ
    8/25/00 - Jones Beach, NY
    7/2/03 & 7/3/03 - Mansfield, MA
    9/29/04 - Boston, MA
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    12/9/06 - Honolulu, HI
    6/25/08 & 5/21/10 - MSG, NYC
  • Options
    Oh well..maybe in June when I go see them in big Ol Pittsburgh...never been there..hope Pittsburgh's a good town to party in ![/quote]

you lucky east-of-pittsburgh people getting all these damn shows!
    pittsburgh is a good town to party in during steeler season! not sure where the parties will be before the pitts show but if anyone is gathering somewhere i'll be checking cause i cannot freakin wait!
  • Options
    danfratdanfrat Posts: 6
    This was my 7th show since 1996 and my first outside of my home state. I have to say I have mixed feelings about this show. I never thought that I would ever be just neutral about a Pearl Jam show. I think this happens to anyone whose been to several shows and listened to countless bootlegs over and over. Who knows, it may even be time to drop PJ for a while. But I never wanted to feel this way about PJ.

I was actually dissapointed to here Evenflow, Alive, Wishlist, and DTE. I think these songs deserve a break. I don't think people are gonna miss songs that have been played 500+ times. I'm all for reinterpretations of songs (i.e Garden).

I share the opinion of many about the crowd. The majority of people were just not into it, with the exception of small groups that were going nuts like one group near me in section 202, row K, seats 65-75. These people made the show for me. However, at the same time the crowd's singing would tell you otherwise. And of course there's always the meatheads that just stand around texting their life away, while a drunk chick yaps her life away about what happened last week throughout the whole show. No participation whatsoever.

The security at this venue sucked. The whole night I had people standing next to me since I had an aisle seat and all the security would do is usher people into their rows and ignore the people just creeping up to get a closer view.

Highlights of the show for me: the acoustic set (Boom's solo in Crazy Mary), Wash as opener, Comatose, hearing Satan's Bed again after 10 years and Leash for the first time.

Dissapointments: I mentioned this already but, hearing Evenflow, Alive, and DTE. The lack of security, the crowd, and feeling just whatever about a PJ show.

Side note about Philly: I really liked how easy it was getting around the city and all the things there were to do. I definitely will be back to visit. All I saw of Camden was the venue itself.

I would like to say to you that i was one of those fans in 202 row k seats 65-75. i was seat 69 with my buddy who was 70 i think. i had a brilliant time going insane. concerts are a great way to let loose and have a good fucking time. night one was also amazing. night one me my buddy and some crazy man next to me just jumped and went nuts the whole first and 3rd encore. i was worn out at the end of both nights.
  • Options
    The shows bootleg pics have one with EDDie and the lead singer of MMJ. Was that in the opening act or did i miss something during the show????

At the Wachovia 10.31.05 Eddie came out with Sleater Kinney in the opening show. Is that something he does commonly?
    Rob
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    I always love seeing people from the show an hour into the drive home in the food courts of the service area. you can just tell they were from the show, got the munching and are spent from Rockin'.

What I hate to see are the people are driving drunk all over the road. That scares me. Inevidibly I see some sorry soul doing 90-100 ( know cause I'm doing 85) all over the road. Another sad site was coming from the Harford II show, and at a rest area close to NYC, these cops had this car barricaded in. As I looked more closely the passangers side of the car was spu-ed with puke and the girl was shit faced in the passager seat. The driver was sent home with her in a cab. Their car stayed there. NICe to see the TROOPERS giving someone a break. I was suprised to see that. I guess he wasn't that drunk.

Thank god they survived. Im glad i am straight at the concerts now. I can actually remember them and have an awesome time!!! F$%# yeah!
    "I'm OPEN...

6/25/04 MSG,NYC
    10/3/05 Philly,PA
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/28/06 Camden,NJ

myspace.com/poofgoody
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    i was in section 202 also, just in row L and more towards in the center. It looked like a lot of the drunken types were around me given the certain smells in the airs.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    i was in section 202 also, just in row L and more towards in the center. It looked like a lot of the drunken types were around me given the certain smells in the airs.

you were probably right behind me. i was in 202 row k near dead center.. the chick in front of me puked all over some guys seat and she was laying in her own filth for about 45 minutes
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,083
    it's possible, i was in seat 20. i had my digital camara out for "whipping, satan's bed and last exit" to take some videos. I remember there was guy with funky curly hair trying to get high during satan's bed, which is something that got on my video.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    All of my pics are up now:

http://www.dreamt.org/spinfrog/Philly06/
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    scw156 wrote:
    you were probably right behind me. i was in 202 row k near dead center.. the chick in front of me puked all over some guys seat and she was laying in her own filth for about 45 minutes

Ha! No shit! That girl was so messed up and I kept trying to make sure she was okay...her husband or boyfriend just kept feeding her beer after beer. It was my husband's seat that she puked on (We were in 202, row J, 58 & 59).

We didn't sit down for a second! (even if there wasn't any vomit) Awesome crowd all around us....I have the most insane bruises on my thighs from hitting the seats in front of me from jumping up and down like a crazy person.

Joe (?) and Jen (?) it was so nice to meet you! I'm glad you had a good show!

SATAN'S BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • Options
    All I have to say is "LEASH". I have been to alot of shows, but have never heard this one. I was so psyched! It was an awesome show. Not happy with my seats for a veteran 10 clubber, but such is life. It still rocked my world!
    "
  • Options
    Oh well..maybe in June when I go see them in big Ol Pittsburgh...never been there..hope Pittsburgh's a good town to party in !

you lucky east-of-pittsburgh people getting all these damn shows!
    pittsburgh is a good town to party in during steeler season! not sure where the parties will be before the pitts show but if anyone is gathering somewhere i'll be checking cause i cannot freakin wait![/quote]
  • Options
    Pittsburgh is awesome if you know where to go. The show is in downtown, and there is'nt much there. You need to go to the "Strip District", about a mile away from Mellon Arena. It is walkable, cabs are not plentiful!
    There are awesome bars there!
    The best place to go is the South Side. Miles and miles of bars, both nice ones and dives. Either way, you'll have a good time.
    I will be on vacation when they are here in the burgh. Tell me I did not want to cancel my vaca! I was outvoted, so that is why I was in Camden this weekend. That place is a pit!
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    this was my kind of set! maybe my favorite PJ show so far. Satan's Bed....that's all I need to say.

Also, the light show rocks on this tour

my sediments exactly.....satansbed, leash, glorified g, marker,
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:

hahaha
    i was sitting right next to you!! i remember her , she came down the aisle fucking plastered, and she knocked into everyone on the way to her seat saying " oh god i am sooo drunk , SOrry" then she sat in her seat and passed out on her boyfriends lap! then when the show started her boyfriend got up and rocked out to the show, and left her there laying in her own mess. i kept sayign to my friend i wonder when he is going to take her out of here, he finally did midway into the show
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    taetum19taetum19 Posts: 12
    The shows bootleg pics have one with EDDie and the lead singer of MMJ. Was that in the opening act or did i miss something during the show????

At the Wachovia 10.31.05 Eddie came out with Sleater Kinney in the opening show. Is that something he does commonly?
    Rob

uh, they didnt play in philly on halloween, it was 10/3/05......not to be a douche, but, hey, its what i do.
    how much difference does it make...
  • Options
    taetum19taetum19 Posts: 12
    well, lets see which is better......i'm a wang who continuously lets his 10C membership expire (first joined in '96) and has never been able to take advantage of 10C tix at any of the 20-30 shows i've been to, so the lawn it was for me both nights......

which would you rather, a drunken girl passed out in her own puke in front of you OR a couple changing their babies shit soaked, stinkin ass diaper right in front of you........i'll take the puke any day!!! odd thing to bring a newborn to a concert like that, i mean, get a sitter.

didnt spoil my time though, and the kid will have no recollection of the show or the fact that his parents cleaned his poopey pants in front of thousands of hard rockin PJ fans. classic. i hope they at least remembered the ear plugs, or the kid might have permanent recollection of the show......and permanent ear damage too.....
    how much difference does it make...