Options

Jeff Ament - While My Heart Beats

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    yeah okay, I'm sorry too - I just felt your tone seemed a little condescending

Pun intended :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    :clap: Simply beautiful! :clap: Cheers from Brazil, Mr. Ament!
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    yeah okay, I'm sorry too - I just felt your tone seemed a little condescending

Pun intended :lol:

actually saw that when I typed it but wasn't the time to point it out in the middle of a tense *discussion*
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    Got my vinyl today :D
    2010 - Boston
    2011 - Alpine 1 & 2 --- EV - Providence & Boston - Tres Mts - Boston
    2012 - Missoula
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Worcester 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    2014 - Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016 - Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, New York City 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I ordered the cd and vinyl.. Got them today and was surprised to see a pic in each one..., very nice... My first PJ related guitar pics... :D
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    MedozK wrote:
    I ordered the cd and vinyl.. Got them today and was surprised to see a pic in each one..., very nice... My first PJ related guitar pics... :D
    Sweet! I'm just starting to teach myself guitar, so that should come in handy! Did they contain that heart sticker as well?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    MedozK wrote:

Are they Jeff pics? can you post a pic (of the pic)? :lol:
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    photo.jpg

Sorry for the glare..but you can see what it looks like.
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    photo.jpg

Sorry for the glare..but you can see what it looks like.
    Thanks! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Thanks! I want a pic now...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,907
    MedozK wrote:

Sweet! Can't wait till the Jeff Ament package arrives. :D

Question on those who bought the CD or vinyl separately. Was the pic included in all single purchases or just those who bought the vinyl / cd combo?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    can't wait for this to arrive!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    MedozK wrote:

He did that with his first album too. Very cool of him :thumbup:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

yup. i've worn the design off the Tone pick b/c it's my "go-to" bass pick. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

Yep but many CD's didn't include a pic, what I remembered.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Did anyone get a download code with the vinyl?
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    strummers wrote:

Yes, I did. Not IN the actual vinyl but go to My Account at the top of the page and click on Order History, then click on your actual order of the vinyl (VIEW) and you should see the link for the download there.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Better Dan wrote:
    strummers wrote:

Yes, I did. Not IN the actual vinyl but go to My Account at the top of the page and click on Order History, then click on your actual order of the vinyl (VIEW) and you should see the link for the download there.

Ah, found it - thank you!! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    Got the vinyl with one guitar pick inside the plastic and the T-shirt in Sweden today. Also got three stickers, 2 small (1,2") and one big (4,5"). One of the small stickers was in the T-shirt pocket!

The small are different, did anyone get a BIG with red heart?

e65201260557Pea94.jpg
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Got the vinyl with one guitar pick inside the plastic and the T-shirt in Sweden today. Also got three stickers, 2 small (1,2") and one big (4,5"). One of the small stickers was in the T-shirt pocket!

The small are different, did anyone get a BIG with red heart?

e65201260557Pea94.jpg

You always receive 10club goodies before me. :twisted:

What color is the vinyl? Love if it's the same heart design.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,938
    Jeff was a proper standout Manchester Night 1 for me, sometimes I can get a bit caught up with the Ed and Mike show, but he certainly caught my attention. Just listening to his solo album now and its pretty nice stuff!

The jam at the end of the title track is aces. Shout and Repeat is also rather great. The Answer reminds me of another song, its really bugging me. Down to Sleep has a an AIC vibe which I like. Take My Hand is a bit REMy.

So while its a tad wishywashy on a first listen, not having a hard sense of its own identity - nicer way of putting it would be to say its eclectic, I'm glad the vinyl is on its way and huge respect to Jeff for putting this out there. One talented bloke and I'll be checking out his other tunes!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Jeff was a proper standout Manchester Night 1 for me, sometimes I can get a bit caught up with the Ed and Mike show, but he certainly caught my attention. Just listening to his solo album now and its pretty nice stuff!

The jam at the end of the title track is aces. Shout and Repeat is also rather great. The Answer reminds me of another song, its really bugging me. Down to Sleep has a an AIC vibe which I like. Take My Hand is a bit REMy.

So while its a tad wishywashy on a first listen, not having a hard sense of its own identity - nicer way of putting it would be to say its eclectic, I'm glad the vinyl is on its way and huge respect to Jeff for putting this out there. One talented bloke and I'll be checking out his other tunes!
    Listen to his version of Nothing As It Seems on the PJ20 soundtrack (which was the first version - Jeff's demo - the song was written by him about Montana... would be cool if he sang it in Missoula instead of Ed!). It's a great version.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,938
    Yeah, agree thats a cool version and would be amazing if he got the mic this year.

OK, this may sound like I've been smoking too much but The Answer reminds me of a slowed down Crowded House song...

"Things ain't cookin' in my kitchen
    ITS THE QUESTION, NOT THE ANSWER
    Strange affliction wash over me
    Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire
    Couldn't conquer the blue sky"

:D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    My vinyl arrived on Friday (I'm in NZ), so stoked.
    It looks gorgeous, it sounds beautiful.
    Jeff seems a lot more confident/comfortable singing than he has previously - he really belts it out. It does make me smile to hear him really going for it.
    I have been listening to loads of Tom McRae lately, I think that is one of the reasons why I love this album - it has that dreamy but dark feel to it (like Tom). Then again, it's SO Jeff, he is the only person on the planet who writes songs that sound like these. When I'm listening to it, I feel like I am hearing Jeff's wide-open (inner) spaces.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Spags wrote:

Listen to his version of Nothing As It Seems on the PJ20 soundtrack (which was the first version - Jeff's demo - the song was written by him about Montana... would be cool if he sang it in Missoula instead of Ed!). It's a great version.

has actually put me off the old version a bit... the demo is so good that I'd rather hear his voice and lyrics :oops:
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    knitted wrote:

Already arrived in NZ? :shock:

Damn US/CDN custom workers must be on vacation or something. Hasn't arrived up here yet on the East Coast of Canada. :|
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    knitted wrote:

Already arrived in NZ? :shock:

Damn US/CDN custom workers must be on vacation or something. Hasn't arrived up here yet on the East Coast of Canada. :|
    I got mine a week ago (just got a chance to pick it up from the post office yesterday). It's fantastic! Really glad I bought it!
  • Options
    Anyone else in Canada waiting for their CD / Vinyl copy?
  • Options
    Jeff Ament goodies has arrived!! :)

AiULx.jpg?1
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I'm super late to the party, but I only got around to listening to this now (it arrived a few days ago) and I really really like it, love war in your eyes especially...now on to the rest of his solo output! ;)