Options

Boston SHows-- Where are people staying...

kDoGG3n4kDoGG3n4 Posts: 228
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
For the people outside of Boston

Where is everyone staying and where is everyone coming from?
The Answers are Fatal.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 324
    coming in tomorrow from Tampa, FL

Staying at the Shawmutt Inn
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    fsu2626 wrote:
    coming in tomorrow from Tampa, FL

Staying at the Shawmutt Inn

that place looks like a shit hole
  • Options
    PJ_PhilPJ_Phil Posts: 84
    Staying at the Fairmont Copley Plaza with 3 other guys.....its a nice hotel....and I got a great deal.

Phil
    Shows:

Montreal 2003
    Boston (1&2) 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Halifax 2005
    Boston (1&2) 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Mansfield (1&2)2008
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    $32 a night in a hostel near Fenway Park. I'm broke, so it's the perfect deal. Plus, I met a lot of cool PJ people in a hostel near MSG in 2003.
  • Options
    JAL442JAL442 Posts: 41
    I've lived in Boston for the past 2 years so I know the area decently well. My recommendation would be to stay at a hotel in Cambridge which is just a short cab or subway ride (depending on which you prefer) from the arena. You'll save yourself a little bit of money as well because generally hotels right in Boston are more expensive.
    2004: Boston II

2006: Hartford, Boston I, Boston II

2008: Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    JAL442 wrote:
    I've lived in Boston for the past 2 years so I know the area decently well. My recommendation would be to stay at a hotel in Cambridge which is just a short cab or subway ride (depending on which you prefer) from the arena. You'll save yourself a little bit of money as well because generally hotels right in Boston are more expensive.

this was my thought also

but i looked quickly online and cambridge is not much cheaper

you have to go to bedford to really save cash

i was thinking of getting a room instead of driving home each night then back to work each morning... not looking likely though
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    im fliyng out of seattle tomorow mornign at 6 am, staying at the boston treemont courtyard inn for 49$ a night (i work for the marriott, my whole trip is marriott hook ups)
    what do you guys thinkn about this location? not too far from the garden right??? am i okay?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    salngrsalngr Posts: 55
    im kinda thinking bedford myself, although the shawmutt being right across the street seems really tempting...whether its a shithole or not...
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini (or diet coke) in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and tired..."
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    $32 a night in a hostel near Fenway Park. I'm broke, so it's the perfect deal. Plus, I met a lot of cool PJ people in a hostel near MSG in 2003.

make sure theres no torture rooms in the basement.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Me and my wife are staying at the park plaza wenesday and thursday, its our 15th wedding aniv. Havent told her we are staying over, so it will be a great way to surprise her after the first show!! cant wait, they absolutley rocked hartford, so I can only imagine it getting better! see ya all there.. Shaun
    boston: 7/91, 8/92, 4/94, 9/98(x2), 8/00(x2), 7/03(x3), 9/04(x2), 5/06(x2).
    augusta: 9/96
    montreal: 9/05
    hartford: 5/06
    St. Paul: 6/06
    las vegas: 7/06
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    im staying in the spare bedroom of my friends apartment. free room for the fucking win baby.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I checked a map yesterday, and it's not too far from Fenway Park (?). It's smack dab in the middle of the map with all the colors on the streets, so many tourist attraction buildings. I couldn't find the venue though.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    The Garden is not really walking distance from the fenway area, but just a short cab right or hop the green line to north station. Enjoy the show.
  • Options
    Anyone else staying here for the show?
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    at my house
    peace
  • Options
    Trying to guess the best way to get from my hotel to the show.... and back...

the train takes me into the new Garden, but the show may run late and the train stops at 11:59. Our their cabs all around the New Garden..... umm is it easy to get in and out of their if I drove
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    whoYOUare wrote:
    at my house

ditto......takin the T in from Acton!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646
    whoYOUare wrote:
    at my house

Me too - and I can walk home.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Coming from Maine, staying at the Shawmutt Inn.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    bostonlou wrote:

i was thinking of getting a room instead of driving home each night then back to work each morning... not looking likely though

Hey, Lou.............if you need a place to stay, let me know.
    You can stay with me.

I'll just kick my kid to the curb.
    A couple nights on the streets of Boston will be good for him............ya know..........toughen him up a little for the real world.;)
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    PJ_Phil wrote:
    Staying at the Fairmont Copley Plaza with 3 other guys.....its a nice hotel....and I got a great deal.

Phil

Understatement of the year..

The friggin President and heads of states stay there..
    expensive as hell!

Check out the "Oak bar" and have one of their Martini's with the best steak of your life...

Lucky Bah-stahd..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    I'll be at the Park Plaza. Got a decent deal on priceline.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in love.

Still Looking for the above

15 shows and counting...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    that place looks like a shit hole

Shawmutt ain't fancy, but it's servicable and REALLY close to the venue. Stayed there for VFC in 2004. There were a bunch of PJ fans there...
  • Options
    Hotels that are walking distance from the show

links would be nice
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • Options
    Go to hotels.com and when you do your search, search in boston, then search for landmarks and click fleet center, that will list hotels from closest to farthest from the garden.. good luck
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i just got a room at the best western on commonwealth ave for $139. it is only a 10 minute ride on the green line to the fleetcenter (garden) or whatever they call it now.
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    I got the park plaza on priceline as well, it was only $99! I almost wasn't going to stay over, I couldn't find a decent hotel under 150.00. I stayed at the motel 6 for hartford :eek: I deserve a decent hotel after that.
  • Options
    PJ_PhilPJ_Phil Posts: 84
    locked wrote:

expensive as hell!

Check out the "Oak bar" and have one of their Martini's with the best steak of your life...

Lucky Bah-stahd..

Hehehe yeah....i know....i did get a sweet deal....79$ cause im an employee of the same company...Cant wait for the shows!

Phil
    Shows:

Montreal 2003
    Boston (1&2) 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Halifax 2005
    Boston (1&2) 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Mansfield (1&2)2008
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    locked wrote:

expensive as hell!

Lucky Bah-stahd..

in my best Frau Farbisina voice

SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I going to see you at the Harp?? I want to buy you a beer for that thing you never hooked me up with ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    If anyone is still looking for a hotel room, PM me. I work at one in Cambridge and will do what I can. Won't be as cheap as some stuff I've seen on here so far, but I'll do the best I can...