Zagreb Remembers

2»

Comments

  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    I'd be back to Zagreb no problems. A friend from Australia has Croation parents and he told us to try this Croation kinda flat sausage thing-I used to know the name of it, but I've forgotten now-you get it in take out places and such. Kind of reminded me of Scottish square sausage. I lived on it in Zagreb-it was gorgeous. I loved that city. Have lots of photos, too.

    Gordan: Only thing that comes to my mind when you say flat sausage is - PLJESKAVICA. Not very healthy diet :D , but very delicious. :P Would love to see photos if you can upload them.
  • pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    edited October 2011
    Iva: here's another tour pic of our sign, which now that I think about it, is living the life of a garden gnome, since it's been travelling around since 2007. In fact, the sign has been to 17 shows if I'm not mistaking - 14 with my husband and I and now three more with Gordan&Anica! Way to go sign! :lol:

    Here's the sign in Munich 2007
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/M ... directlink
    Post edited by pajo on
  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    pajo wrote:
    Iva: here's another tour pic of our sign, which now that I think about it, is living the life of a garden gnome, since it's been travelling around since 2007. In fact, the sign has been to 18 shows if I'm not mistaking - 15 with my husband and I and now three more with Gordan&Anica! Way to go sign! :lol:

    Here's the sign in Munich 2007
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/M ... directlink

    Gordan: How new the sign looked in that picture! :D It would be interesting to find out how many times members of the band took notice of it. I am sure that they did in Manchester '09. Correct me if I am wrong, but you can here Eddie screaming "ZAGREB" during Alive. Come to think of it, the sign has a strong connection with Alive and that is my favorite PJ song :D
  • pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    _annie_ wrote:
    Gordan: How new the sign looked in that picture! :D It would be interesting to find out how many times members of the band took notice of it. I am sure that they did in Manchester '09. Correct me if I am wrong, but you can here Eddie screaming "ZAGREB" during Alive. Come to think of it, the sign has a strong connection with Alive and that is my favorite PJ song :D
    Iva: well, I'd say they maybe noticed it at every show we went to, except for the two MSG shows in 2008, where we were seated a bit further away, so it might be possible they couldn't see it...dunno... At a good number of shows Ed, Mike or Jeff (we prefer Mike's side :)) saw it and Ed mentioned Zagreb in Munich (where there was a bunch of us Croats and he said "I remember you too"), Rotterdam (where he came and shook our hands) and the abovementioned Manchester. Basically, he has definitely seen it on each tour since 2007. So he's definitely aware of us showing it in his face, the poor thing. :mrgreen:

    We'll see if it all amounts to anyhing...If all we get from it is seeing Pearl Jam a lot of times and meeting a lot of Pearl Jam fans that's perfectly fine by me. ;) But if they ever do decide to come back to Zagreb...now that would be just spectacular!
  • _annie_ wrote:
    I'd be back to Zagreb no problems. A friend from Australia has Croation parents and he told us to try this Croation kinda flat sausage thing-I used to know the name of it, but I've forgotten now-you get it in take out places and such. Kind of reminded me of Scottish square sausage. I lived on it in Zagreb-it was gorgeous. I loved that city. Have lots of photos, too.

    Gordan: Only thing that comes to my mind when you say flat sausage is - PLJESKAVICA. Not very healthy diet :D , but very delicious. :P Would love to see photos if you can upload them.
    I fuckin' loved that sausagey thing. Lived on it so I did. Have to hunt down the disc with the photos. Great city.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Think you might had CEVAPCICI. Minced meat that looks like a small sausage. Usually you get a portion of 10. Lol
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Think you might had CEVAPCICI. Minced meat that looks like a small sausage. Usually you get a portion of 10. Lol
    This is the one. Definitely. Thanks for reminding me of the name! I knew it as soon as I saw it. It was fucking lovely!
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    Think you might had CEVAPCICI. Minced meat that looks like a small sausage. Usually you get a portion of 10. Lol
    This is the one. Definitely. Thanks for reminding me of the name! I knew it as soon as I saw it. It was fucking lovely!
    Gordan: Well, next time you'll come you should try PLJESKAVICA, too. You can even get one stuffed with melted cheese. This one is very delicious. Bon apetit! :D
  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    Gordan: S obzirom da sam kao i Niko naručio cd-je s kanadske turneje, a da će isti stići tek za koji tjedan, zamolio sam nepoznatog prijatelja (thanks Ben :D ) da izdvoji ključni dio koncerta u Vancouveru :lol: Nekima sam ga poslao na mail, a kako sve ovo radim s priručnog sredstva za web komunikaciju, molio bih nekoga od onih koji su mail primili da ga negdje uploadaju i objave " urbi et orbi" tako da je svima dostupan. Rezultat ove potrage je i za mene bio malo iznenađenje! :lol: Sad se konačno fino čuje što je čovjek zvan Eddie rekao :mrgreen:
  • :) Bravo! Nek se cuje i nek se zna! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZPosts: 2,498
    _annie_ wrote:
    Gordan: S obzirom da sam kao i Niko naručio cd-je s kanadske turneje, a da će isti stići tek za koji tjedan, zamolio sam nepoznatog prijatelja (thanks Ben :D ) da izdvoji ključni dio koncerta u Vancouveru :lol: Nekima sam ga poslao na mail, a kako sve ovo radim s priručnog sredstva za web komunikaciju, molio bih nekoga od onih koji su mail primili da ga negdje uploadaju i objave " urbi et orbi" tako da je svima dostupan. Rezultat ove potrage je i za mene bio malo iznenađenje! :lol: Sad se konačno fino čuje što je čovjek zvan Eddie rekao :mrgreen:


    Vi ste dobrodošli, moj prijatelju!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • listened to the 06 zagreb show today and you motherfuckers showed the fuck up at that show. hope you get another one!
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • djklambake wrote:
    _annie_ wrote:
    Gordan: S obzirom da sam kao i Niko naručio cd-je s kanadske turneje, a da će isti stići tek za koji tjedan, zamolio sam nepoznatog prijatelja (thanks Ben :D ) da izdvoji ključni dio koncerta u Vancouveru :lol: Nekima sam ga poslao na mail, a kako sve ovo radim s priručnog sredstva za web komunikaciju, molio bih nekoga od onih koji su mail primili da ga negdje uploadaju i objave " urbi et orbi" tako da je svima dostupan. Rezultat ove potrage je i za mene bio malo iznenađenje! :lol: Sad se konačno fino čuje što je čovjek zvan Eddie rekao :mrgreen:


    Vi ste dobrodošli, moj prijatelju!

    Thanks Ben, you are dobrodošao in Croatia ;)
    listened to the 06 zagreb show today and you motherfuckers showed the fuck up at that show. hope you get another one!

    We hope so too ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • listened to the 06 zagreb show today and you motherfuckers showed the fuck up at that show. hope you get another one!
    Twas a very good day, indeed! :) Pride! We are all hoping to see the boys back in Croatia :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZPosts: 2,498

    Thanks Ben, you are dobrodošao in Croatia ;)

    Volio bih da posjetite Hrvatska i rock s vama dečki!

    (You can tell I'm terrible at translation... apologies if I write something that doesn't make sense.)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    djklambake wrote:

    Thanks Ben, you are dobrodošao in Croatia ;)

    Volio bih da posjetite Hrvatska i rock s vama dečki!

    (You can tell I'm terrible at translation... apologies if I write something that doesn't make sense.)

    Gordan: The translation was cute :mrgreen: but we all know what you wanted to say. We would like you to come. You made our day yesterday when you sent me that clip and I shared it with some of the girls and boys. In a few minutes I will make it available for everybody. :D
  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    Gordan: So this is it. I know that this wouldn't mean anything to a lot of people but it meant a world to a small group of people when it happened. Thank you PJ for coming to Zagreb and play a hell of the show, we would like to have you back. Thank you Ed for taking a notice of our little sign (well not so little if you managed to see it :lol: ). Thank you Ben for sharing it with us.
    Here we go!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XI0REVSM
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZPosts: 2,498
    _annie_ wrote:
    Gordan: So this is it. I know that this wouldn't mean anything to a lot of people but it meant a world to a small group of people when it happened. Thank you PJ for coming to Zagreb and play a hell of the show, we would like to have you back. Thank you Ed for taking a notice of our little sign (well not so little if you managed to see it :lol: ). Thank you Ben for sharing it with us.
    Here we go!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XI0REVSM


    Awesome! Rock on, Zagreb!!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    Gordan: Well Ben, I used your clip to put together a little Croatian Fans PJ Tribute. You and the rest of the world will be able to see it here (once my network decides to upload it :x ) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD0KVt8XJQ4
  • grudicegrudice Posts: 211
    _annie_ wrote:
    Gordan: Well Ben, I used your clip to put together a little Croatian Fans PJ Tribute. You and the rest of the world will be able to see it here (once my network decides to upload it :x ) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD0KVt8XJQ4


    :thumbup:
  • _annie__annie_ Posts: 980
    grudice wrote:
    _annie_ wrote:
    Gordan: Well Ben, I used your clip to put together a little Croatian Fans PJ Tribute. You and the rest of the world will be able to see it here (once my network decides to upload it :x ) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD0KVt8XJQ4


    :thumbup:

    Gordan: Hvala, hvala... Daleko je to od razine kreativaca na ovom našem malom okupljalištu, ali bar će nešto ostat dokumentirano. :ugeek: :mrgreen: Nisam ni imao baš puno fotki, falilo mi dosta ljudi, ali sve ćemo nadoknaditi na sljedećoj turneji. Can't wait! :lol:
  • I just saw the video, awesome! And thank you! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Nešto sam se sjetio.....tko ide u Amsterdam ne bi mu preporučio da nosi Zagreb Remembers transparent....
    mogao bi dobiti po glavi na račun Jurčića i ekipe, 7 veličanstvenih i to :shock:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    i just stumbled upon this video and thought i should share it though most of cro crew are aware of it

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4dhIgk ... re=related

    ed climbing, he probably haven't done that 10 or more years prior to this
    sure looks like he's having fun and enjoying it
    and the crowd...
    that why they need to come back
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    zagi wrote:
    i just stumbled upon this video and thought i should share it though most of cro crew are aware of it

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4dhIgk ... re=related

    ed climbing, he probably haven't done that 10 or more years prior to this
    sure looks like he's having fun and enjoying it
    and the crowd...
    that why they need to come back
    Just watched this video again after a while... whoa what a night that was! And an awesome version of Porch! I was so overwhelmed, I dont remember half of it :oops: :shock:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,270
    Zagreb Will Always Remember =)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.