Options

2»

Comments

• Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Can no one actually see the wood for the trees?

What's the point in a giveaway if it comes with conditions attached? Ones that are not even stated.

I see the guys point entirely. It's a bizarre thing to do as after all why did it even matter to D anymore?

But opening it here was not the thing to do. A Pm would have worked - even if there was no reply.
    a record you cant play for a poster you love...make the trade..everyone should be happy

come on guys we are over 12 here

I agree with both points here.

Also a shame that it had to go public, things like this should stay private.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    boyo79 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Can no one actually see the wood for the trees?

What's the point in a giveaway if it comes with conditions attached? Ones that are not even stated.

I see the guys point entirely. It's a bizarre thing to do as after all why did it even matter to D anymore?

But opening it here was not the thing to do. A Pm would have worked - even if there was no reply.
    a record you cant play for a poster you love...make the trade..everyone should be happy

come on guys we are over 12 here

I agree with both points here.

Also a shame that it had to go public, things like this should stay private.

+1

If the item was given away for free, why would you care? I've given away dozens & dozens of Pearl Jam items for many, many year's (not just 3 year's here), and I've seen the items by those users sold on eBay, traded, sold here on the boards etc.. Once it leaves my hands & is given to somebody else, they can do what they wish. What they want to do. I've made them happy from the start, now they can do what they please with the item.

Don't worry about it B. Someday you'll receive your holy grail.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I think the whole incident with all parties concerned leaves a bit of a sour taste. Its a real shame what has happened here; there's no winner from all this.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    my mama always told me ..." not everyone is going to like you, Pandora ...
    no matter how hard you try... no matter how much you give..... let it go dear."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Bryan (Brian?),

Sorry to hear all this happened... I agree with you that Dimitris, while usually a very easy-going and generous soul around here, was out of line in this particular situation. I personally would not trade something I was gifted, but that's my own decision - not someone else's to make on my behalf, or to influence my decision on the matter. I also would not have a problem with someone trading something I gave them as a gift - as long as both parties receive something they love, I think that's great!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Hmm, pretty quiet here....

Guy has 40,000 posts, but oddly enough.. he's not in this one!

Whispering hands... it's cool, I know you don't want to make him look bad, but you know what's up.

Enjoy Binaural.

Oh... and it went public, because I was absolutely beyond angry about this.

Many of you know that Binaural on vinyl is the ONE single PJ item I wanted dearly. I have been trying since 2008 to find one for a trade, or a good price since I don't have much $ to spend.

I even went to Dimtri's last year asking him to keep a look out for me.... so he was aware of it.

And yesterday, he decided to not let me have it, he saw the trade was taken to private messages, and because he is on here all the time, he saw the thread... and HAD to react immediately.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

This discussion has been closed.