Options

All the members matter!!!

WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
edited January 2013 in The Porch
Being a true Pearl Jam fan means that you should show all the members of the band some respect. I don't know how many times I've talked to people about the band and its all about Eddie. DON'T GET ME WRONG!!! I love Eddie so freaking much!!! He's an amazing song writer and one HELL of a singer!!! But the bands sound behind the man is just as important!!! I wanna know what you think about this subject matter and your input please and thank you :D
446927_artist.jpg?0119
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,886
    True, it's the band that makes the man.. It's just normal to always speak of the singer more, but all the members of PJ get their credit here. But compared to most singers out there E.V. gets out there more to be known, hence more talk about him...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    yeah you have a good point. I just like every member thats ever been in Pearl Jam (considering all thats ever changed has been the drummer lol)
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    I totally agree. Believe me...I worship Eddie (listening to him right now on Into the Wild soundtrack). He is a god. But...so are Mike, Matt, Jeff and Stone. Together AND individually they are some of the most talented musicians that the world has ever seen. Seriously...Matt Cameron? Possibly the best drummer of all time. Right up there with Ringo, Keith, John, Vinnie...all the legends. Mike...what more needs to be said? Jeff...? Stone...? Seriously...no explaination needed. They are truly incredible musicians.

Sorry to ramble...I just think this a lot too

Thanks for the post

:)
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Yes, yes they do. They are all an integral part of the band. Without each one, PJ wouldn't be PJ. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    drummer1 wrote:
    I totally agree. Believe me...I worship Eddie (listening to him right now on Into the Wild soundtrack). He is a god. But...so are Mike, Matt, Jeff and Stone. Together AND individually they are some of the most talented musicians that the world has ever seen. Seriously...Matt Cameron? Possibly the best drummer of all time. Right up there with Ringo, Keith, John, Vinnie...all the legends. Mike...what more needs to be said? Jeff...? Stone...? Seriously...no explaination needed. They are truly incredible musicians.

Thanks for the post

No problem man!!! I just think that if you're gonna worship a band, you should worship the WHOLE band!!! :D
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I agree, they are all great. We still have to give credit where credit's due though and Eddie was freakin awesome last night, just like the other members have been in their side projects. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    And Keely. Don't forget Lights Up Keely.

Oh wait _ she's not in the band.

But she definitely matters.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    Well, that is why they are Pearl Jam and not Eddie and the Pearl Jams or The Eddie Vedder Project...etc.

Band. All important.

For those that don't understand, well they are probably fans of pop music anyway!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I know Jeff Ament has influenced the way I play immensely.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    They are all important, which is what makes up the great band they are. Interesting that they all contribute to songwriting, when many bands around only have 1-2 songwriters. Makes for a wider range of material to choose from, and those songs that dont go into Pearl Jam make up some fine songs for side projects.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    BSully wrote:
    Well, that is why they are Pearl Jam and not Eddie and the Pearl Jams or The Eddie Vedder Project...etc.

Band. All important.

For those that don't understand, well they are probably fans of pop music anyway!!!

There's nothing wrong with liking pop music! :D

People viewing Pearl Jam as the Ed Ved Show irk me a lot. From considering Ed's solo shows to be PJ concerts, to continuously chanting "EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE" at Pearl Jam shows. :|
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    It is funny that these Ed solo shows sell out in seconds and everyone pisses and moans about missing tix, but tres mts shows have tickets left unsold, when in my opinion that tres mts cd is way better then Eds solo work(puts on flame retardant suit, notice I said in my opinion) and all the other side projects and solo work hardly rate a mention round these parts or in other media.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ed is not pearl jam just a big cog in its machine .

ev solo show or a pearl jam gig ..its a non contest
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

She's the worst though. Always ending my Pearl Jam shows too early. :(
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

She's the worst though. Always ending my Pearl Jam shows too early. :(
    but she wears always the best pj hoodie ...the one from Berlin was the best i ever saw!!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    WhyGo91 wrote:
    Being a true Pearl Jam fan means that you should show all the members of the band some respect. I don't know how many times I've talked to people about the band and its all about Eddie. DON'T GET ME WRONG!!! I love Eddie so freaking much!!! He's an amazing song writer and one HELL of a singer!!! But the bands sound behind the man is just as important!!! I wanna know what you think about this subject matter and your input please and thank you :D
    I separate EV and PJ, two entirely different things..

Pearl Jam is the best band ever! 8-)
    Eddie is part of the band, they come together as a unit,
    blending all the talent to make the very beautiful finished product.

Fulfilling, capable, creative.

Eddie is the frontman interacting with his bandmates.
    Pearl Jam, this interaction, was destined to be for all the members.

EV is Mr Eddie Vedder...he is the most amazing performer that ever lived.
    It is not because he is out there more... he is just absolutely amazing.

His voice is pure heaven.
    It breaks down barriers and creates love.

His lyrics are the most meaningful poetry I have ever read...
    spanning all of life's experiences on the journey we are living.

His physical presence a power ...truly a take your breath away spirit,
    it is so strong :D
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Clearly Boom is the most important. I mean look at the size of him.

But seriously, without Pearl Jam there is no Ed and without Ed there is no Pearl Jam.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    ^^This, for sure. All the members make the band what it is. The frontman seems to always get the most 'attention' in any band, anyway, and with Ed's solo career taken off like it has....but they are 5. :)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    WhyGo91 wrote:
    drummer1 wrote:

Thanks for the post

No problem man!!! I just think that if you're gonna worship a band, you should worship the WHOLE band!!! :D

"Worship the music, not the musician"
  • Options
    The band usually sits around discussing this very subject.
    Who's member matters most.

Seriously?? Worship another human being???

I thought that went out of style when Jesus was nailed to a cross.
  • Options
    yeah I agree
    all of them make the band what it is
    obviously lead singers get loads more attention, especially cute ones :oops:
    they are all great, all amazing. all important cogs in the PJ machine

Eddie solo is a separate thing, I don't think of it as PJ related at all.

also

What about Boom?
    he too matters :)
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Seriously?? Worship another human being???

I thought that went out of style when Jesus was nailed to a cross.

You've never heard of Rain, have you...
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    It is funny that these Ed solo shows sell out in seconds and everyone pisses and moans about missing tix, but tres mts shows have tickets left unsold, when in my opinion that tres mts cd is way better then Eds solo work(puts on flame retardant suit, notice I said in my opinion) and all the other side projects and solo work hardly rate a mention round these parts or in other media.

This.

Tres Mts. melted my face off. I actually walked out of that show and said to my friend, "if PJ ever broke up, I would be devastated...but if I could keep going to Tres Mts. shows, that would help a LOT."

Also, Stone "solo" is amazing, and Brad is pretty great as well.

And I think Matt plays with another band sometimes too, right? I've heard they're okay. ;)
    "The goal of a coach is to take a guy who has beaten down by his parents, by religion, by society, to take that guy and build him back up to find his spirit to go out and fight" Joe Lewis
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Personally I'm not all that impressed with front men/women, even if they can play guitar. When I'm watching a concert, or maybe a concert DVD, I'm always more focused on the guitar player. When watching The Stones I'm focused on Keef and whoever the "other guitarist" at the time is, The Who it's Pete, Zeppelin it's Jimmy, and with Pearl Jam I enjoy watching Mike and Stone. I love Ed's voice, and he has a great stage presence, but he has to work pretty hard to pull my attention away from Mike and Stone.

But when I saw Brad, even though I was right in front of Stone, I had a hard time paying attention to him because Shawn was fascinating to watch. Maybe because it was mesmerizing to hear such a beautiful voice coming out of a guy who looked like Kevin Smith/Silent Bob.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Personally I'm not all that impressed with front men/women, even if they can play guitar. When I'm watching a concert, or maybe a concert DVD, I'm always more focused on the guitar player. When watching The Stones I'm focused on Keef and whoever the "other guitarist" at the time is, The Who it's Pete, Zeppelin it's Jimmy, and with Pearl Jam I enjoy watching Mike and Stone. I love Ed's voice, and he has a great stage presence, but he has to work pretty hard to pull my attention away from Mike and Stone.

But when I saw Brad, even though I was right in front of Stone, I had a hard time paying attention to him because Shawn was fascinating to watch. Maybe because it was mesmerizing to hear such a beautiful voice coming out of a guy who looked like Kevin Smith/Silent Bob.
    yeah, I agree with this...I think it's a matter of personal preference and who the band is, and whom one would prefer to look at. ;) But I am right there with you re: Led Zeppelin!!! It is ALL about watching Jimmy Page! That man on stage is just incredible. And yes, also with Mike and Stone. To me, the whole band is a feast for the eyes--like too much going on to take it all in! :)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    WhyGo91 wrote:

absolutely my friend... the drummer bloke is very good, Geoff is amazing and Mark McReadles can rock the socks off nuns. Not enough respect is given to Stoned either... it's almost like some of the fans don't even know the names of the other guys in the band!!! makes me want to be sick into a bowl, drink the sick and then be re-sick down a Nirvana bedsheet.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    WhyGo91 wrote:

absolutely my friend... the drummer bloke is very good, Geoff is amazing and Mark McReadles can rock the socks off nuns. Not enough respect is given to Stoned either... it's almost like some of the fans don't even know the names of the other guys in the band!!! makes me want to be sick into a bowl, drink the sick and then be re-sick down a Nirvana bedsheet.
    :lol: yep. and when I started reading this, I was like, wait, does this guy even know the other guys? Who's he talking about? :lol:
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    dunkman wrote:

Mom?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Mom?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: