2»

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Its all about Ed.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Its all about Ed.

no love for Mark McReadles or the other guy who plays guitar?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    dunkman wrote:
    Its all about Ed.

:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    dunkman wrote:
    Its all about Ed.

And new drummer...
  • Options
    It's only natural the front man get's the spotlight....that's fucking rock n' roll! Even if your guitar player, bass player & drumer are bad ass!! the singer get's most of the love.

that being said...most of us know that there is no Pearl jam without Mike, Jeff or Stone.....But i was drawn to this band by Ed....His outspoken patriotic & socially relevant lyrics are what made me a fan....and while you have the people who say shut up and sing when he goes on a rant, i'm the dude yelling "preach on brother!"....this is something i have missed over the past 2 years since Backspacer.....I'm hoping the next album has an Obamaleaguer song on it and Ed has a return to form!

(plus he is a Jordan fan much like myself, so we have that in common too :mrgreen: )

but yeah...i have mad love for all the guys....even BOOM!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    my member matters
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    my member matters

only to you....since that's the only person who touches it. :lol:
  • Options
    so many people today think that the singer is the most important member in a band. im unsure if there are any paramore fans out there, but last year both the guitarist and the drummer in that band quit because the record company regarded the singer, hayley williams, as the main star and was only interested in furthering her career, and not the band's. that incident is a testamont to the attitude of many bands today.

fortunately, eddie vedder is disgusted by that way of thinking. during a concert in cincinatti, on june 24th, 2006, he explained to the crowd that rolling stone magazine had offered to do a story on the band but wished to only put eddie's picture on the front cover, excluding the band. the band refused and a group photo was taken, however rolling stone went against the band's wishes and put a photo of eddie by himself on the cover anyway. so during the concert, eddie took the time to wipe his ass with a copy of the magazine and said that from now on, whenever he took a shit, he would use a it to relieve his anger.

you can find this video on youtube. here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IcZ2yBcvFQ.
    a wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw. delivered him wings, 'hey look at me now!'
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    so many people today think that the singer is the most important member in a band. im unsure if there are any paramore fans out there, but last year both the guitarist and the drummer in that band quit because the record company regarded the singer, hayley williams, as the main star and was only interested in furthering her career, and not the band's. that incident is a testamont to the attitude of many bands today.

Don't know anything about par amore, but the chick is pretty cute. But it could be a different situation. I know a lot of "bands" where it is basically the singer who writes the songs, music and lyrics. So in that situation the lead singer mint be more important to the "band" but like I said I don't know about the par amore situation.

I know a few Aussie bands who have pretty much had major line up changes and continued on. Like the John butler trio has gone through 2 different bass players and I think 3 different drummers, only constant has been the lead singer/sing writer John butler. Same with the beautiful girls, they have had a bass player and drummer change, the majority of the bands line up, but the lead singer has stayed. So in those cases the lewd singer is most important.

But it can also go the other way, like van halen, deep purple, acdc and inxs who have all managed to continue on with different lead singers.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I'm much more important to the band then he is........
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    FIVE, 5, FIVE AGAINST ONE ITS HOW IT STARTED MATT IS MY FAVORITE DRUMMER BUT ITS LIKE THE MAVS FOR EXAMPLE I GUESS ED IS THE MVP BUT COULD'NT WIN WITHOUT HIS COUNTERPARTS OR TEAMMATES.
    2 HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE I ALWAYS SAY
    until next time......
  • Options
    Mad MohabMad Mohab Posts: 310
    in my opinion all members make pearl jam what it is, and three fish 1, bayleaf, attention dimension, mad seasons tone and uke songs are all amazing. Three Fish (vinyl with four extra songs) and A.D. are supreme: Here in the Darkness, Elusive Ones, Zagreb, Gossards 'Water Song' Ament's 'Dunes' are all incredible.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I know Jeff Ament has influenced the way I play immensely.
    Damn straight he has