Options

Does it bother anyone else.. (Another eBay bitching thread)

broken_joystickbroken_joystick Posts: 137
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Does it bother anyone else that the user "helzbelz23" on ebay is selling the 2000 and 2003 live shows, with almost every single one from 2003 going for $50+?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    especially when you can download them for free
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Does it bother anyone else that the user "helzbelz23" on ebay is selling the 2000 and 2003 live shows, with almost every single one from 2003 going for $50+?

nope
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

The seller is asking for $50 plus for many of them.....doesn't mean anyone will pay that.

What bothers you about it?
  • Options
    You and I know that they didn't pay that much for the shows. They're just flipping the products for a profit. It's almost like selling bootleg DVDs.

I don't know, maybe I just think too much about it lol
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    doesnt bother me one iota... if people are stupid enough to pay it then what harm is that to you?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Okay, guess I'm in the wrong here.

Sorry.
  • Options
    Okay, guess I'm in the wrong here.

Sorry.

It's all good. Lots of people will agree with you. I don't like the prices but sometimes ebay is the only way you can get something you otherwise would not be able to get. I got the Vancouver 03 poster that way and had to pay more than it was originally worth. But I was happy.
  • Options
    You and I know that they didn't pay that much for the shows. They're just flipping the products for a profit. It's almost like selling bootleg DVDs.

I don't know, maybe I just think too much about it lol

I understand how you feel, but the cds were mass produced, so it's not like anyone lost-out on buying them due to scarcity (as they would with tickets, posters, etc.)

These were legal "bootlegs" which were sold in stores, so its not like there are unfairly profiting.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I understand how you feel, but the cds were mass produced, so it's not like any lost-out on buying them due to scarcity (as they would with tickets, posters, etc.)

These were legal "bootlegs" which were sold in stores, so its not like there are unfairly profiting.
    Very good point
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    free market

it bothers me people are dumb enough to buy them for that much nowadays when we can find it free for just about any show.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

2003's were not sold in stores. he bought some things, in this case cds, they went up in value and now hes selling them for what he can get for them, all the power to ol helzbelz. he ships fast, i bought a few off him a while back, nothing that expensive, but still pearl jam 03 boots.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    It's almost like selling bootleg DVDs.

i dont think its anything like bootlegging DVDs.

you buy a piece of art for 100$, 5 years go by. the art value went up to 1000$. you dont want the art anymore. you sell it. do you sell for what you paid or what its worth? if you answer sell it for 100$ you are not smart.

if you want the bootlegs, wait and find them from other sellers, they will pop up for cheaper. if you just want the music download it for free.

i only need 9 or so more for my set, hes only got two up that i need. but there is now way i can afford it. so i wait.

people will pay this price too, make no mistakes about that. he used to have little rock and mountainview listed for 75 or 80 each and they are gone.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Im just saying.. I have a few 03 shows and I wouldn't put them up for $50 and not a penny less. Like I said, I'm just thinking about it too much.. you're all right, I shouldn't have said anything about it..
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    2003's were not sold in stores. he bought some things, in this case cds, they went up in value and now hes selling them for what he can get for them, all the power to ol helzbelz. he ships fast, i bought a few off him a while back, nothing that expensive, but still pearl jam 03 boots.
    They may not have been originally, but I see them quite frequently now. They are always selling in the 19-30 dollar range. I've seen them in big box places like Best Buy, Target and Fred Meyers and smaller record stores as well.
    I agree though, once purchased and no longer for sale by the artist, it is yours to do with what you want. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I understand how you feel, but the cds were mass produced, so it's not like anyone lost-out on buying them due to scarcity (as they would with tickets, posters, etc.)

and they sat on the shelves for a long time.
    Amoeba had a sign over the Pearl Jam Live section that said,
    "Pearl Jam Live Bootlegs - 2000"
    "Collect 'em All"
    "PLEEEEAZE"
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    "Collect 'em All"
    "PLEEEEAZE"

thats funny. the a and b sound downtown in vancouver had OOP 2000's on the shelf as of two years ago, until i found them and bought them out, so yeah you could say they sat there.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    "Collect 'em All"
    "PLEEEEAZE"

Damn, that reminds me..I have a $50 Amoeba gift voucher.....way too difficult to decide what to buy there!
  • Options
    what i love is all of you people that keep bitchin about ebay, but yet you are the ones searching on ebay.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Damn, that reminds me..I have a $50 Amoeba gift voucher.....way too difficult to decide what to buy there!
    Amoeba is GREAT!!!
    That 50 bucks won't last long... there's always about 100 things to buy there.
    ENJOY!!!
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    what i love is all of you people that keep bitchin about ebay, but yet you are the ones searching on ebay.
    I love ebay. No bitching here. lol But, I will and have reported items that shouldn't be for sale. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,161
    especially when you can download them for free

where?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    No, not in the slightest, I've done business with him before, and hes a credit to ebay, never had a problem with any of his auctions and at least hes making the stuff available to those who want to collect it, if it wasnt for ebay theres a good chance you would never find half the Cds he has for sale