Options

A so called "massive pearl jam fan"

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited December 2007 in The Porch
I was out on xmas eve at a pub (getting very drunk) and i got introduced to this "massive pearl jam fan." I started talking to her thinkling finally i have met a girl who likes pearl Jam as much as me. So i started talking to her and asked what concerts she had been to and she said "I went to one last year" I said "oh really i went to 2(both in sydeny), if you dont remember what concert it was, do you remember what song they opened with?" "No" she said "Well they played 3 concerts 1st one they opened with release 2nd evolution and 3rd Betterman" "I don't know" she said

I then said "what albums do u have?" she said 'Ten' I said "is that all? arent u supposed to be a big fan?" She said very sarcastically "I'm a big fan, your an obbsessed fan"

I wouldnt call myself obbsessed, im a massive fan, but i wouldn't classify her as a big fan. She also said "that dude has a cool voice" After that i said I'm going to the bar and did not return.
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    good story :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    :( I'm sorry but that actually made me laugh and cry. Why would someone call themselves a fan if they don't know the songs, etc...? I'm assuming she was young, but I never even did that when I was a kid. Just don't get it. ?
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    I like the "that dude has a cool voice" comment :) Big fan.... :D
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    wolfbear wrote:
    :( I'm sorry but that actually made me laugh and cry. Why would someone call themselves a fan if they don't know the songs, etc...? I'm assuming she was young, but I never even did that when I was a kid. Just don't get it. ?

Yeh well im 21 (22 nxt month yay!!!), i assume she is 20, 21 or 22 aswell because we have a mutual friend (who i think was trying to set us up) who is 22
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    oh shut up were all obsessive. yea i had times where girls were like "oh i like pearl jam" i dont think i ever even bothered talking about it. kids these days think actually owning a whole cd makes you a big fan, or having more then 10 songs by one artist that they illegaly downloaded on their ipod.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    k am I the only one who saw this as an oprituinity rather than a let down? like fuck she's obviously open to the band hnag out if she's cool then you may end up with a cool GF who is more than willing to put up with and maybe even become as big as a PJ geek as we are
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    was she hot?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    k am I the only one who saw this as an oprituinity rather than a let down? like fuck she's obviously open to the band hnag out if she's cool then you may end up with a cool GF who is more than willing to put up with and maybe even become as big as a PJ geek as we are

after reading your post 5 times... I think I agree? ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    was she hot?

The most important question of course. :D
  • Options
    Yeh, but I bet if you met some celebrity out on the town and asked them the following...
    I then said "what albums do u have?" she said 'Ten' .

and they replied as above, we would all be saying " insert celebrity name here is fan of Pearl Jam".
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    it really annoys me that guys that are in their 30s and 40s think theyre way 'better' pj fans cos it was 'back in the day' 4 them, and us hot girlies say were (22) and all of the sudden, were not as bigger fans!?? arrrrgh!
    poo sticks, you should all be grateful girls even talk to you!
    (..obv speaking from experience of this!)
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    So basically, you ditched a girl because she didn't know Pearl Jam as much as you??

What are you, gay?
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    it really annoys me that guys that are in their 30s and 40s think theyre way 'better' pj fans cos it was 'back in the day' 4 them, and us hot girlies say were (22) and all of the sudden, were not as bigger fans!?? arrrrgh!

If you were a hot girlie who went to one show, but didn't know what song they opened with, only had Ten, and thought that dude had a cool voice, I'd still talk to you and think you were hot.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    If you were a hot girlie who went to one show, but didn't know what song they opened with, only had Ten, and thought that dude had a cool voice, I'd still talk to you and think you were hot.

Well thank you! i would appreciate that!!!

(i own ALOT more than 'ten' btw and yes eds voice is great and been to more than one gig!)

But thankyou, decency prevails!!
  • Options

It shouldn't and doesn't matter how long each one of us have been fans. We all like PJ and that's the only thing that matters. :)

I dislike the fans that try to out do everybody else's PJ stories with their own.

Cute board name btw. :D
  • Options
    It shouldn't and doesn't matter how long each one of us have been fans. We all like PJ and that's the only thing that matters. :)

I dislike the fans that try to out do everybody else's PJ stories with their own.

Cute board name btw. :D

Well said.

aw thanks.
  • Options
    Good story!

Unfortunately, in life, we encounter these people....

Fools.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Good story!

Unfortunately, in life, we encounter these people....

Fools.

no doubt your a nice person then.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,559
    Most people in the world loves ten and if they really love that album and plays it alot, wouldn't that make them a big fan of some sort?

Or are the whole world filled with fools?

Some of you guys are very judgemental. I was stuck with ten for at least two or three years before I was able to investigate further. Give her time:-)

Maybe in some years, you will meet again and she will know more about pj than you do!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    xkevvx wrote:
    So basically, you ditched a girl because she didn't know Pearl Jam as much as you??

What are you, gay?

Post of the year! hahaha
  • Options
    Yep, I had a similar thing.. I went to a gig with some friends (they haven't liked Pearl Jam since Yield) and they brought this girl along.. seemed nice, so in the car we talked. 'You like Pearl Jam? I looooove Pearl Jam' she said. 'Wow,' I said, what's your favourite album?'
    'I only have Ten. But I LOVE it.' Stunned silence from me.. I'm not sure she knew why, but for me, her last utterance was akin to her saying 'Actually, there's no point in chatting me up. I'm gay.'

I mean, honestly, it astounds me to this day. How can you LOVE an album, then take absolutely no interest what-so-ever in the rest of their material? My dad's exactly the same..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I mean, honestly, it astounds me to this day. How can you LOVE an album, then take absolutely no interest what-so-ever in the rest of their material? My dad's exactly the same..

well put! after hearing Ten for the first time and falling in love with it I couldn't wait to get my hands on other Pear Jam albums!! :D

fair enough if you get the other albums and don't like them as much but at least.. give it a shot. lol.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    well put! after hearing Ten for the first time and falling in love with it I couldn't wait to get my hands on other Pear Jam albums!! :D

fair enough if you get the other albums and don't like them as much but at least.. give it a shot. lol.

Yeah.. this girl's had Ten on her shelves for years, and she's loved the hell out of it, but NEVER has it occured to her to think 'Hey, I wonder if they have other albums.' Wow.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    dude,sounds like you missed out on the ride for the sake of a being a proper fan.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    men smell !
    youre all looking for perfection!
    a really hot girl thats a MASSIVE fan of pj and fits all the criteria is pretty damn hard to find!

they exist, but aint exactly common!
  • Options
    men smell !
    a really hot girl thats a MASSIVE fan of pj and fits all the criteria is pretty damn hard to find!

I get it.. I know what you're saying.. (PM me)

:D

• Options
    I get it.. I know what you're saying.. (PM me)

:D

thats more like it, lol
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    men smell !

ROTF LMAO!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    wow, that's pretty dumb of you. if it were me, i'd keep talking to her. maybe one day you can show her the other albums and get her into them even more.

you had it even better than most people do. she already liked Ten a lot. you just had to show her the other albums and she might have been as big a fan as you one day.

pity.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    ROTF LMAO!

Thats me! Thanks, right back at ya!