Options

Hello Everyone!!

MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Yes!! I've finally joined the Ten Club, after contemplating for almost a year!!!
I'm a relatively new PJ fan, and only really paid attention to their music since June last year. I feel very embarrassed to say this, but I've never seen the band live yet. :oops: It's partly due to the fact that I live in Singapore, a very small country in Southeast Asia.

But my dream has finally come true -- I'll be traveling down to Perth for my first show ever! Unfortunately, I'm only able to attend the first Australian show, because I gotta come back home and start studying for my university exams. Anyway, I told some of my friends I'll be traveling in the midst of my school term just for a PJ concert, and they think I'm nuts. However, I guess some people just don't know what it means to love a band so much that you'll be willing to travel many miles just to see them live, even if it were just once.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055
    Welcome my friend. I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and hope you have a great 1st concert!!
  • Options
    welcome to the baddest band on earth. i hope you dont have an addictive personality cause if so enjoy the next 20 shows.......
    KevDylan wrote:
    Yes!! I've finally joined the Ten Club, after contemplating for almost a year!!!
    I'm a relatively new PJ fan, and only really paid attention to their music since June last year. I feel very embarrassed to say this, but I've never seen the band live yet. :oops: It's partly due to the fact that I live in Singapore, a very small country in Southeast Asia.

But my dream has finally come true -- I'll be traveling down to Perth for my first show ever! Unfortunately, I'm only able to attend the first Australian show, because I gotta come back home and start studying for my university exams. Anyway, I told some of my friends I'll be traveling in the midst of my school term just for a PJ concert, and they think I'm nuts. However, I guess some people just don't know what it means to love a band so much that you'll be willing to travel many miles just to see them live, even if it were just once.
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,952
    I can't imagine what it must be like to have just stumbled upon Pearl jam, I've been steadily taking them in over a very long period of time - go easy with it...

Welcome aboard!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I bet many of the people on this board have close friends & peers who are PJ fans too. But from where I come from, I don't know anyone who is. It's a pity PJ doesn't get much attention in my country. Though most of my peers have heard of the band, I find it very amusing that they only know one song, and that's Last Kiss, which is the only PJ song that gets radio airplay! I kid you not.

But digressing a bit, this has been a great year of music for me personally. Traveling halfway cross the world to London, just to see Bruce for the first time (he'll always be my no.1), also Dave Matthews Band and Neil Young, all on the same weekend. And less than a month from now, PJ!! :D
  • Options
    IqraIqra Posts: 12
    Hey KeyDylan! I am from Singapore too! Plus just like you I finally joined the Ten Club last week after years of contemplating it! Now you know someone from Singapore who loves the band as much as you do!
    better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand year as a lamb
  • Options
    Iqra wrote:
    Hey KeyDylan! I am from Singapore too! Plus just like you I finally joined the Ten Club last week after years of contemplating it! Now you know someone from Singapore who loves the band as much as you do!

Sweet! How old are you? I'm 23 btw. Will you be traveling down under too?
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hello and welcome aboard! :)

I for one know what it feels like to not have Pearl Jam fans around you. it's pretty crap, but fortunately I now have a friend who is a semi-fan and have introduced some Pearl Jam awesomeness to my family too. :mrgreen:

great thing about this band (and this board) is the friends I've made all over the world! also, I love the fact that there's a place where I can gush about a band/bandmembers/songs/shows and everyone will know what I'm talking about. :lol:

I hope (or more like _know_) you're gonna have a fantastic time seeing this band live!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Awesome !

Welcome, and enjoy the show !
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    IqraIqra Posts: 12
    KevDylan wrote:
    Iqra wrote:

Sweet! How old are you? I'm 23 btw. Will you be traveling down under too?

26 here and would be 27 when they play Auckland. Wish i could be there but other commitments is preventing me from doing so but who knows. Lets be friends! haha
    better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand year as a lamb
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I can only imagine how friggin sweaty a PJ show in Singapore would be. Sweat a bucket just from standing still at 9pm. But at least the food will compensate for it.

Yum.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    KevDylan wrote:

WELCOME! :D Be sure to write on this message board about your first PJ concert experience. Trust me...this will be the best concert of your life and once you start seeing PJ concerts you can't stop...it's kind of like a drug addiction but a good drug addiction!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13