• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    10 - perfect 10
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
  • Options
    this thread is whacked but i'm IN

I F'N LOVE NEW MUSIC BY MY BAND

gonna see my friend
    yup
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
  • Options
    tacos
  • Options
  • Options
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    its amazing. instantly one of their best. personally i find vs, ten and the boys (or girls) a bit dated. Avocado Binaural and this one are my top three for sure. This one takes a lot of listening like their best stuff. I knew from the past that reading here around release time was a mistake, I cant have the pure goddness spoiled by negativity, but now I'm ready to take up the gauntlet.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    They could play every song on Backspacer two times through and no other songs at the upcoming ACL show and I'd be a happy man! This album is fantastic!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    AGREE great album!! This one is pretty much on time where i am in my life in terms being married now and having two kids. I have been a fan since 10 seems like the bands albums have pretty much matured as I have. Could be because I turn 40 tomorrow!!! Will be listening to it on the way to Sandy's for a good board session. (AMONGST THE WAVES!!!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    It's a really really great album!!! The whole thing is really resonating with me....and certainly hearing most of it live over the last two night in Seattle has been just incredible!!! Big fan of Backspacer!!! Backspacer rules!! 8-)

Yeah, 1762 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    bump, this thread should be at the top!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    seven-muthaf*ckin-teen
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    i just don't get some of the negative shit i've been reading here. i know i could have responded to any number of threads here but, fuck it, i'm starting a new one. i am, like most here, a freak and have been since the beginning. That being said, if i was not a freak, hell, if i wasn't even a fan before, i can honestly and without bias say that after this album i would be an absolute fanatic! Back Spacer is a fucking masterpiece! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course, so here's mine: some people need to cleanse their ears and brains of all the shit that passes as music these days and maybe they'll realize that Back Spacer is nothing short of spectacular. Clean 'em out, fuckers! In a world of constant change it's nice to know that at least one thing hasn't changed. Pearl Jam is still the greatest fucking band on earth!
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    i just don't get some of the negative shit i've been reading here. i know i could have responded to any number of threads here but, fuck it, i'm starting a new one. i am, like most here, a freak and have been since the beginning. That being said, if i was not a freak, hell, if i wasn't even a fan before, i can honestly and without bias say that after this album i would be an absolute fanatic! Back Spacer is a fucking masterpiece! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course, so here's mine: some people need to cleanse their ears and brains of all the shit that passes as music these days and maybe they'll realize that Back Spacer is nothing short of spectacular. Clean 'em out, fuckers! In a world of constant change it's nice to know that at least one thing hasn't changed. Pearl Jam is still the greatest fucking band on earth!
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    and some people simply need to realize, musical taste is extrmemely subjective, and we all hear "greatness" in different things, yes....even amongst those who have a shared love for a particular band. it's not difficult to realize this, and try and accept it. :)

i 'don't get'....why so many continually start new threads on topics that already have about 357 threads in existence already, but that's just me. ;) it's also curious how we have these very SAMe threads, each new album release, tour, etc.....the internet is a predictable place. :mrgreen:

enjoy what you enjoy....let's just breathe.......
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    everybody's a critic on this board and there are the shit stirrers. i feel like the board is mostly a misrepresentation of a majority of the fan base. not because the die hards come out and criticize the latest record, but because all the fans i've ever met face to face are NEVER this negative.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Great album.

Screw the haters, they're just not allowing themselves to enjoy good music. Their loss.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Options
    yeah, internet message boards are a haven for negativity. think about what a typical person is like who spends most of their day on message boards. they probably don't have much going on in life, honestly. and therefore, are likely depressed by their own worthlessness. instead of focusing on what they as individuals need to do to improve their own lives, they administer self-therapy in the form of stirring sh1t, trolling, complaining, and criticizing on the internet.

you would be right. this board is in no way representative of the actual fan base.

with that, i've been spending too much time here. back to work.
  • Options
    and some people simply need to realize, musical taste is extrmemely subjective, and we all hear "greatness" in different things, yes....even amongst those who have a shared love for a particular band. it's not difficult to realize this, and try and accept it. :)

i 'don't get'....why so many continually start new threads on topics that already have about 357 threads in existence already, but that's just me. ;) it's also curious how we have these very SAMe threads, each new album release, tour, etc.....the internet is a predictable place. :mrgreen:

8-)
    Everyone is entitled to opinions. It just so happens MY opinion of the new record is the CORRECT one: It's absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cornnifer wrote:

8-)
    Everyone is entitled to opinions. It just so happens MY opinion of the new record is the CORRECT one: It's absolutely brilliant.

i'm not. I got a warning PM for expressing my opinion that the new album... which i love btw... isnt an "absolute masterpiece" as someone else had said on that Pitchfork review thread.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    cornnifer wrote:

8-)

i'm not. I got a warning PM for expressing my opinion that the new album... which i love btw... isnt an "absolute masterpiece" as someone else had said on that Pitchfork review thread.
    that's because you're wrong. It IS a masterpiece.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cornnifer wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    cornnifer wrote:

that's because you're wrong. It IS a masterpiece.

40 years after Revolver came out they still say its a masterpiece... Backspacer? we shall see. :lol::lol:

enjoy the album... 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.