Options

Where's Boom?

IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Do my eyes decieve me or is there no mention of Boom in the liner notes,on the cd etc?

Perhaps my eyes aren't as good as they were n I just missed them.
Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    As long as you're not saying you didn't notice him in the actual music. Because he's there, his parts are perfectly orchestrated, and he's plentiful.
  • Options
    Heard him just fine. No mention tho'.

Is he now an undercover Boom? More like a whisper?
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options
    as far as i'm aware boom does not play on the album, Brendan O'Brien plays all the piano and organ parts on the album.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    Aaaahh!

The plot thickens.
    Given To Live -

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    Boom is not on the record.he confirmed this outside the shep bush show, hes just a touring member
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I hope the great piano parts on the album don't turn into organ solos when they play live. :P
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    I hope the great piano parts on the album don't turn into organ solos when they play live. :P

i am very nervous of boom playing some of the songs from this new album.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    i like the production elements on most of the album, but i'm hoping for a more stripped down live performance (without all the keyboard stuff). Maybe then i can tolerate the Fixer as a straight ahead rocker.

Boom will be fine for this i think.
  • Options
    i like the production elements on most of the album, but i'm hoping for a more stripped down live performance (without all the keyboard stuff). Maybe then i can tolerate the Fixer as a straight ahead rocker.

Boom will be fine for this i think.

The Fixer has keyboard stuff?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    There is some stuff he does play way to much on such as Alive & Deep. There is no need for keysboards on those songs. The version of Half Full from Easy Street sounds so much better with out the organ. Their sound is big & full enough on most stuff not to need keys or organ. Pre Boom days Black never had any keyboards & what about the version on LO2L, the best Black ever. He did a great solo on Crazy Mary at the o2 which Mike got excited about.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    BALLBOY wrote:
    There is some stuff he does play way to much on such as Alive & Deep. There is no need for keysboards on those songs. The version of Half Full from Easy Street sounds so much better with out the organ. Their sound is big & full enough on most stuff not to need keys or organ. Pre Boom days Black never had any keyboards & what about the version on LO2L, the best Black ever. He did a great solo on Crazy Mary at the o2 which Mike got excited about.

I agree with you, mostly.

However, I will note that the album version of Black has some piano on it. So I don't mind it. And, even in the pre-Boom days, they'd sometimes play it with keys if they could find a guy (there are some cool Bridge versions with Tom Petty's guy).
  • Options
    Can't say I was ever a big boom fan. He does tend to over strectch it and drown some stuff out. Would not miss him on the tour. Oh and I really hated the TPHB guy, please tell me he is not around again..
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options
    Can't say I was ever a big boom fan. He does tend to over strectch it and drown some stuff out. Would not miss him on the tour. Oh and I really hated the TPHB guy, please tell me he is not around again..

Dude, it's Bentmont Tench. That guy's a legend. I'd be willing to pay an extra 10 bucks for him to replace Boom for a tour.
  • Options
    Guess I am still jaded that in Denver 06 we had to put up with two nights of short set lists so petty could be the headliner. I didnt stay past the break either night to catch one note of them...
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16