Options

Forget Tenclub Seniority, Let's go by people's heights...

vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Forget Lotteries, Forget Seniorty and any other way to work things out...

I propose the Tenclub get everyone to email/fax/telegraph/mail in their current heights (without shoes and socks) and then organise ticket priority based on this... smallest in the front. Tallest at the back. We will all get to see, and the band get to view their fans just like a School Photo...

Tenclub, please note my height of 4'2" for the Aussie gigs...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    great idea, 3'4" checking in.

just hope i can get out of my Midget Wrestling the night of the brisso show, and my role in The Wizard Of Oz on the night of the sydney show. then when the melbourne show is on i'm playing Oompa Loompa #4 in Willy Wonka.

but i hope to be able to get to those 3 shows if this height rule works out.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    great idea, 3'4" checking in.

just hope i can get out of my Midget Wrestling the night of the brisso show, and my role in The Wizard Of Oz on the night of the sydney show. then when the melbourne show is on i'm playing Oompa Loompa #4 in Willy Wonka.

but i hope to be able to get to those 3 shows if this height rule works out.

Great idea. You can see how short I am, That's me threefish is holding.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    I'm a dwarf :P
  • Options
    I'm the worlds smartest embryo. I'll see ya'll in 2-4 weeks :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Breathe
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    This would be great...I always get stuck behind some 6 ft. guy at shows (I'm 5'6") and have to stand on tiptoe craning my neck the whole night.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    and while we are at it...the parking lot attendent should let those people who have the farthest drive after the show to park closest to the exit!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    inmytree1380inmytree1380 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Posts: 155
    I'm 6'5", and I don't have a problem at all.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • Options
    ItsOK921ItsOK921 Posts: 169
    YES!, Im 5'0" and Im always hopping around to find a little crack in the crowd to get a peek.
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    I'm down with this. I'm a giant ogre and will devour all smaller weak people in front of me.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    tallguy isnt going to like this...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,217
    6'5" here, although I feel bad being in the way there isnt much I can do about it.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    there are some giant dwarfs here.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    I posted awhile back about how i hate getting stuck behind some tall person at shows. People were extremely rude and blasted me for even bringing it up. I know others cant help being tall, but I cant help being short either!

Nothing pisses me off more than going to a show, and seeing some tall guy right up front. People can stand where they want but I deserve to be able to do the same!

I dont understand tall people sometimes. If you are really tall, do you stand up front at all shows you go to? Or do you let others, small people, get a chance sometimes?
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    6'5" here, although I feel bad being in the way there isnt much I can do about it.

I am short. And not much I can do about it, but that said, when I stand in front of others, people can see over the top of me. Thats the difference friend
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Gmoney wrote:
    tallguy isnt going to like this...
    :lol::lol::lol:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea.
    ( 5' 2ish")
    I always debate between wearing the 4" heels so I am that much taller, or wearing flats so I can squinch in front. I have found that when I wear flats, people are much nicer about letting me in front of them.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    Im the one everybody HATE :evil:

Im 197 cm, about 7,75inches and use Getagrip boots at live shows. :o
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Ha, good idea, 5'6" here. I actually prefer the sections on the side of the stage because of this problem.
  • Options
    knikknik Posts: 94
    mattcoz wrote:
    Ha, good idea, 5'6" here. I actually prefer the sections on the side of the stage because of this problem.
    Same with me. I hope my seats are off to the side in Key Arena.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    great im 2..so i get the first row?or i have to put all my self out now? :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    Sounds like a great opportunity for midget tossing! :D
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    I thought that's how they allocated tickets all along me being 5' 6" short i've never had anyone in front of me except those people with the yellow or blue shirts looking right at me :D:D:mrgreen: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I posted awhile back about how i hate getting stuck behind some tall person at shows. People were extremely rude and blasted me for even bringing it up. I know others cant help being tall, but I cant help being short either!

Nothing pisses me off more than going to a show, and seeing some tall guy right up front. People can stand where they want but I deserve to be able to do the same!

I dont understand tall people sometimes. If you are really tall, do you stand up front at all shows you go to? Or do you let others, small people, get a chance sometimes?

Well, I went to TOOL in Los Angeles a couple years ago and had 2nd row seats at NOKIA theater...I'm 6'11", so I knew everyone around me would groan...and here's the thing...I'd HAPPILY sit through the whole show if everyone else would...I don't like pissing people off because of something I have NO CONTROL OVER...so, should I just stay home and not go to shows? Should I just sit down and let everyone else stand around me so I cannot see? I always let the people that are right behind me move up to my row and stand next to me as a courtesy, but at the TOOL show, the security was up everyone's asses and wouldn't let anyone up front move at all...I think it's hilarious that height is treated like a fucking deformity by so many of you on this post...I have not one time in my life freaked out over a 'short' person...but maybe it's because I know how shitty it feels to be pointed out...the funniest thing is that I think people do this because height is seen as a positive, admirable quality by most...how many times have you seen thirty people crowd around an obese person and ask them how 'fucking' fat they are...I say this becaue I have had total strangers come up to me while I'm out with my 4 year old daughter and exclaim,"Man, you're one tall motherfucker!" Really appropriate...it's something that is accepted by society for some reason...it's just another discriminating attitude...they don't call it the 'tall man's complex' afterall, do they...

Fucking Grow Up
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    jaselynchjaselynch Sydney Posts: 67
    Mate it not an attack on you... It's just frustrating for us short guys when u save your money to see a band that only comes every 3 years and then u cant see them at at GA show just because your short. You're a lucky bastard. U get to see the band.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I approve this thread. The best part about being 30 rows back at the Gorge show was that the girl in front of me was like 4' 10" Since I'm 5'8" it works out pretty good. :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Jaswah wrote:
    Mate it not an attack on you... It's just frustrating for us short guys when u save your money to see a band that only comes every 3 years and then u cant see them at at GA show just because your short. You're a lucky bastard. U get to see the band.

I totally agree on the GA shows...but I had more issue with the quote of 'I don't understand tall people"

we all pay the same money for tickets, some of us more for travel to see the shows, and I get that...I spent $1500 to see EV solo in Atlanta and had to sell a guitar to be able to do so....and that was despite me getting shut out for fan club tickets...so if I go through that to see my favorite band, why shouldn't I see?
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    I'm only 5'4" (in shoes) but my brother is 6'7" - the cruelty of genetics! Whenever we're at a show together he usually asks the folks on the aisle if they'd be ok to trade seats. This way he can step out into the aisle a bit and not directly block those behind him. People aren't always excited to swap seats but he tries. In Camden last year we were 2nd to last row in the seats and we traded with the folks directly behind us so they wouldn't be staring at the middle of his back all night.

I don't think he'd want to bother with a GA show though. As Snoopy said, people are not very understanding about something that is not really under your control....
    Why go home?
  • Options
    Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    midget tossing sounds like fun, but i will happly let the shorter ten club members in front of me if we have to stand the whole show. I will need somewhere to rest my drinkie!. I am about 6"2ish, and before anyone asks no I wont be able to have shorter people sit on my sholders either.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016