Options

Sold out?!?! How?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    over bends wrote:
    I think it had something to do with your fellow fans buying all the available tickets.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    over bends wrote:
    I think it had something to do with your fellow fans buying all the available tickets.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    yea,,fans buy them :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TriumphantAngelTriumphantAngel Posts: 1,760
    brandon10 wrote:
    Yea thanks. I'm not overly worried. I've been very fortunate in the past. And I'm sure I'll end up with decent seats. I just think if Pj could fight to be able to sell as much of the venue as possible that it would be fantastic for all of us.

i hope you are still able to get tickets ok brandon10. Good luck.

peace.
  • Options
    brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    Stryker420 wrote:
    lol It always makes me laugh how ignorant people are. Clearly the Topic Creator is clueless.

I may be clueless. But I'm doing a roadtrip from winnipeg to calgary to seattle to L.A. to San Diego and seeing *8 shows along the way with a stop in Oakland to see the raiders play the broncos. Then after I get home I'm going to fly to Philly to 2, or possibly 3 more shows. So go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    popcorn.gif
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    brandon10 wrote:
    [quote="brandon10 This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.

i recall their being acceptions made for MSG in 03. i beleive that is the same year ticketmaster instituted the policy. maybe that tour was "grandfathered" in or maybe they just didn't want to upset pearl jam again. :oops:

Thanks for the info. Either way, Thing definately are changing. And not in a good way.[/quote]

you really can't blame him guys....he's trying for a seattle show....when was the last PROPER seattle show?
    things have changed since then regarding getting tix for the show, yes.

he obviously isn't on the board that much to see the countless bitching about the same thing over the years....

but then again.......it's pearl jam dude....even the brady bunch movie knew the deal..."she's harder to get into than a pearl jam concert"
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    brandon10 wrote:
    Stryker420 wrote:
    lol It always makes me laugh how ignorant people are. Clearly the Topic Creator is clueless.

I may be clueless. But I'm doing a roadtrip from winnipeg to calgary to seattle to L.A. to San Diego and seeing *8 shows along the way with a stop in Oakland to see the raiders play the broncos. Then after I get home I'm going to fly to Philly to 2, or possibly 3 more shows. So go fuck yourself.
    wow... i got off easy :lol:

if you can fit an anger management seminar in between all those shows somewhere it may be a good idea...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    [quote="brandon10 This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.

i recall their being acceptions made for MSG in 03. i beleive that is the same year ticketmaster instituted the policy. maybe that tour was "grandfathered" in or maybe they just didn't want to upset pearl jam again. :oops:

Thanks for the info. Either way, Thing definately are changing. And not in a good way.

you really can't blame him guys....he's trying for a seattle show....when was the last PROPER seattle show?

he obviously isn't on the board that much to see the countless bitching about the same thing over the years....

but then again.......it's pearl jam dude....even the brady bunch movie knew the deal..."she's harder to get into than a pearl jam concert"[/quote]

Thanks for that. And I realize it comes off as serious bitching. But to me it just doesn't really make sense. I don't understand the benifit of selling out the fanclubseats to save them for the general sale? I am going to be spending 1000's of dollars to travel around to see my favorite band and now I may have to scrambe to find tickets the day of the show on night 2 beacause ticketmaster wants the 10 club to have less seats? All I'm really trying to say is that this policy seems ridiculous. Fuck ticketmaster. And how the hell does ticketmaster control how many fanclub seats a band can sell?!?! How did it come to that?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    sgossard3 wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:
    Stryker420 wrote:

wow... i got off easy :lol:

if you can fit an anger management seminar in between all those shows somewhere it may be a good idea...

I wasn't at all anrgy. And I'm still not. I feel very fortunate. I just stick up for myself. It was more of a sly "go fuck yourself". If I used exclamation points...........then watch out.

edit: If I do get anry along my trip, Raider nation may be a good place to vent.
    Post edited by brandon10 on
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    brandon10 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Either way, Thing definately are changing. And not in a good way.

but then again.......it's pearl jam dude....even the brady bunch movie knew the deal..."she's harder to get into than a pearl jam concert"[/quote]

Thanks for that. And I realize it comes off as serious bitching. But to me it just doesn't really make sense. I don't understand the benifit of selling out the fanclubseats to save them for the general sale? I am going to be spending 1000's of dollars to travel around to see my favorite band and now I may have to scrambe to find tickets the day of the show on night 2 beacause ticketmaster wants the 10 club to have less seats? All I'm really trying to say is that this policy seems ridiculous. Fuck ticketmaster. And how the hell does ticketmaster control how many fanclub seats a band can sell?!?! How did it come to that?[/quote]

There's a lot of people to blame. 10C isn't one of them unfortunately unless of course you encountered server problems, couldn't log in, faulty on their end......

but the blame is to be set on ticketmaster changing the way they control venues over the past few years - live nation as well....the merger of the two. there never really used to be restrictions on bands and their fan clubs until it was re-written in their policies as more bands were doing ticket features as part of the fan club. Lots of fan clubs just give you access to pre-sale passwords, not the best seats in the house, so a +1 on 10C/PJ for that.

Call the concert promotor (contact Key Arena to find out exactly who is promoting the show), tell him your situation, and a representative from said promoter will tell you kindly that business practices have been this way for years if they don't kindly tell you to f-off :)
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:

(Audience sees her rip the mic out of sgossard3's hand, she stares at the OP and speaks slowly) Wow.. that's just not a necessary way to respond to anyone under any condition.

I am curious though.. You started the thread with commentary about the 10c tickets being sold out, etc. that 10c members deserve tickets first... Do you realize how lucky you are that you are going to be attending 8-11 PJ shows in a very short period of time but you're also describing how hard it is to get 10c tickets these days? If you attend 11 shows this summer/fall, that's 22 fan club tickets that you (1 10c member) are consuming that other fan club members can't get... and they also paid their membership dues but got the "sold out" when trying to purchase tickets.

I also have never bought into the idea that 10c members are better or bigger fans than anyone else or deserve more than non-paying fans. Paying a membership due so you have a chance at scoring the best seats in the house does not make you (or anyone else) a bigger fan... so, if the venue sells out through TM, you are still surrounded by FANS assuming those that bought TM tickets weren't forced to attend the concert as part of their criminal rehabilitation training... it's just that some fans didn't pay for the ability to get the first 20 rows of seats through 10c... Should we really be treated in some extraordinary way b/c we are 10c members (rhetorical Q)? Should we all wear specially issued bandanas so everyone knows we are the pure, the loyal, 10c fan club (wooohooo - the fans scream as the bandana people walk in on their red carpet to the front of the floor seats) (again rhetorical Q).

I'm not fighting.. just challenging you to think about what you're saying in this thread.

That's all I have to say on this topic.... back to you sgossard3 (she hands the mic back and exits the forum)
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:

but then again.......it's pearl jam dude....even the brady bunch movie knew the deal..."she's harder to get into than a pearl jam concert"

Thanks for that. And I realize it comes off as serious bitching. But to me it just doesn't really make sense. I don't understand the benifit of selling out the fanclubseats to save them for the general sale? I am going to be spending 1000's of dollars to travel around to see my favorite band and now I may have to scrambe to find tickets the day of the show on night 2 beacause ticketmaster wants the 10 club to have less seats? All I'm really trying to say is that this policy seems ridiculous. Fuck ticketmaster. And how the hell does ticketmaster control how many fanclub seats a band can sell?!?! How did it come to that?[/quote]

There's a lot of people to blame. 10C isn't one of them unfortunately unless of course you encountered server problems, couldn't log in, faulty on their end......

but the blame is to be set on ticketmaster changing the way they control venues over the past few years - live nation as well....the merger of the two. there never really used to be restrictions on bands and their fan clubs until it was re-written in their policies as more bands were doing ticket features as part of the fan club. Lots of fan clubs just give you access to pre-sale passwords, not the best seats in the house, so a +1 on 10C/PJ for that.

Call the concert promotor (contact Key Arena to find out exactly who is promoting the show), tell him your situation, and a representative from said promoter will tell you kindly that business practices have been this way for years if they don't kindly tell you to f-off :)[/quote]

Ya, I hear what you are saying. And I realize my original post focused much of the blame on the 10 club. That was likely a mistake. I was just frustrated. Maybe I'll have better luck with L.A. tickets tomorrow.. ...It would be so cool if the entire Gibson amphitheatre could be sold to fan club every night. Take care.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    brandon10 wrote:
    Stryker420 wrote:

Make sure you are able to control your emotions at the Raider game.....tough crowd!
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:

(Audience sees her rip the mic out of sgossard3's hand, she stares at the OP and speaks slowly) Wow.. that's just not a necessary way to respond to anyone under any condition.

I am curious though.. You started the thread with commentary about the 10c tickets being sold out, etc. that 10c members deserve tickets first... Do you realize how lucky you are that you are going to be attending 8-11 PJ shows in a very short period of time but you're also describing how hard it is to get 10c tickets these days? If you attend 11 shows this summer/fall, that's 22 fan club tickets that you (1 10c member) are consuming that other fan club members can't get... and they also paid their membership dues but got the "sold out" when trying to purchase tickets.

I hear what you are saying. But yes I do believe that anyone willing to be a part of a club is likely a bigger fan. I have many friends that are casual fans. And they don't travel to see PJ, they don't have PJ tatoos, but they do go see them when they come to our area. So yes, I feel that I should maybe have access to tickets first.

I also have never bought into the idea that 10c members are better or bigger fans than anyone else or deserve more than non-paying fans. Paying a membership due so you have a chance at scoring the best seats in the house does not make you (or anyone else) a bigger fan... so, if the venue sells out through TM, you are still surrounded by FANS assuming those that bought TM tickets weren't forced to attend the concert as part of their criminal rehabilitation training... it's just that some fans didn't pay for the ability to get the first 20 rows of seats through 10c... Should we really be treated in some extraordinary way b/c we are 10c members (rhetorical Q)? Should we all wear specially issued bandanas so everyone knows we are the pure, the loyal, 10c fan club (wooohooo - the fans scream as the bandana people walk in on their red carpet to the front of the floor seats) (again rhetorical Q).

I'm not fighting.. just challenging you to think about what you're saying in this thread.

That's all I have to say on this topic.... back to you sgossard3 (she hands the mic back and exits the forum)
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

I hear what you are saying. But yes I do believe that anyone willing to be a part of a club is likely a bigger fan. I have many friends that are casual fans. And they don't travel to see PJ, they don't have PJ tatoos, but they do go see them when they come to our area. So yes, I feel that I should maybe have access to tickets first.

Hmm... Could it be that they don't travel to 11 shows because they have different priorities or not as much spare cash lying around? To be in the fan club, you pay an annual membership, that's it. No one said you had to travel to a ton of shows or get PJ tattoos to be considered a true fan. I pay my membership dues but I am like your friends you describe as a "casual fan" where I only see the shows when they come to my area... anyone that knows me knows "casual" is not the descriptor to use for me. Shame on you to judge people and the importance of PJ music/lyrics in one's life simply by the amount of cash spent related to PJ. Just a shame, really. So maybe your frustration should not be about 10c fan club members getting priority access, but that you should get more? ?

Ok - said I was done.
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    [quote="brandon10"

Hmm... Could it be that they don't travel to 11 shows because they have different priorities or not as much spare cash lying around? To be in the fan club, you pay an annual membership, that's it. No one said you had to travel to a ton of shows or get PJ tattoos to be considered a true fan. I pay my membership dues but I am like your friends you describe as a "casual fan" where I only see the shows when they come to my area... anyone that knows me knows "casual" is not the descriptor to use for me. Shame on you to judge people and the importance of PJ music/lyrics in one's life simply by the amount of cash spent related to PJ. Just a shame, really. So maybe your frustration should not be about 10c fan club members getting priority access, but that you should get more? ?

Ok - said I was done.

So I'm not sure exactly what casual fan means to you. But some of my friends that will be attending shows like they did in 2005 only have 1 or 2 albums. Ten and Vs. They like concerts and attend many that role through. Pearljam is far from being their favorite. And they certainly will never join the fanclub. Because they are casual fans. Yes, I should be going the concerts before they do. Sorry, that's just how it is.
  • Options
    Ticketfuckster will control the majority of venues forever so deal with it. I am so happy that 10C still hooks up the best seats in the house... Seriously - how many fan clubs do this??? I'll be online waiting an hour before it's time to buy my tixx tomorrow for LA and Wed for SD... I CANT FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!
  • Options
    emdub950emdub950 Posts: 21
    Why are people bitching? I got up at 9:45a, logged in at 9:50a, refreshed the ticket page right when the clock on my computer hit 10:00a and got two tickets to Seattle 1. Did you do this to get tickets? Or do the same thing for 12:00n? If not, just shut up, because you really didn't want the tickets as bad as some other die-hard pj 10club members anyway.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    rip the mic out of sgossard3's hand
    said microphone is of great interest to me... i mean, this forum is a great platform for my annoying brand of sarcasm, name calling, and know-it-all-ism... but i cant help but feel im not being LOUD ENOUGH :o
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The day will eventually arrive when Ticketmaster/LiveNation promotions/ticket distribution will tell the Ten/VHC to fuck off. Why shouldn't the gianormous entertainment powerhouse increase their profits and increase their stock price? I mean, this IS America, Land of the Greed, right? Isn't this still America... where stock holders hold more worth than music fans?
    Why should the Promoters and Venue owners sell tickets to people for much less than what other people are willing to pay? What is this... socialism? And WE.. as FANS are partially to blame. We have already PROVEN that we are willing to pay scalper prices in order to see our favorite bands. Why should our dollars go to some seedy low-life on Craig's list or Stub Hub or the the scumbag outside the venue that doesn't give a shit about the band... when it could go to some greedy low-life sitting in a suit behind a desk at the corporate office? We, as fans, don't care... we are wiling to pay whomever.
    What is the point of all of this?
    The point is... it will all end one day. So, instead of complaining about people who are fighting off the gigantic monster of greed for us... just be grateful they have fought them off this long. If you didn't get a ticket yourself... show a little appreciation that a fellow fan did.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    brandon10 wrote:
    So I'd like to know why there is a limited number of tickets for 10 club members? How does that make any sense at all? What is the problem with an entire arena full of fan club??? And what's with this shit, one night only in L.A.????? I'm starting to feel like this club doesn't give a shit about us anymore. And if it has to do with ticketmaster or extra chrges ticketmaster needs that we don't get then charge us a little extra. But being sold out when the Key arena holds 12-15000 is a fucking joke!!! I don't remember ever having to worry about getting fan club seats in the past?! Other than shows like the Vic which is understandable. But it really does not make sense that it is sold out to us so that tickets can be sold to the general public. We are the huge supporters of this band. We should get tickets first!!!!

I feel you. I think you have a point... what is wrong with an arena full of fanclub members? That would be unbelievable. A bunch of people have mentioned that Ticketmaster imposes a 10% rule of reserved fanclub seating... but I think there must be a way to get around that... if a fee could be given to Ticketmaster to make up for whatever losses they would incur, I don't think they would have a problem with it... I think the band would be open to the idea of a building full of their most intense fans... and if Ticketmaster gets their money, I'm sure they would be cool with it.
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    Serious question. Did the site crash during ticket sales today?
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    twojawas wrote:
    Serious question. Did the site crash during ticket sales today?
    i think on the second show it did...
    though i had no problems
    managed to present my project to the class and mosey on back to my macbook at 10 after, and things were smooth sailing...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D
    G-R-E-E-D
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    brandon10 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D
    G-R-E-E-D

Not G-R-E-E-D, rather L-I-A-R.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    brandon10 wrote:
    ....So go fuck yourself.

:roll:

Who's the bright one who thought the ten club had unlimited (or should) ten club tickets.

:lol:
  • Options
    twojawas wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D
    G-R-E-E-D

Not G-R-E-E-D, rather L-I-A-R.

J-E-A-L-O-U-S
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    brandon10 wrote:
    So I'd like to know why there is a limited number of tickets for 10 club members? How does that make any sense at all? What is the problem with an entire arena full of fan club??? And what's with this shit, one night only in L.A.????? I'm starting to feel like this club doesn't give a shit about us anymore. And if it has to do with ticketmaster or extra chrges ticketmaster needs that we don't get then charge us a little extra. But being sold out when the Key arena holds 12-15000 is a fucking joke!!! I don't remember ever having to worry about getting fan club seats in the past?! Other than shows like the Vic which is understandable. But it really does not make sense that it is sold out to us so that tickets can be sold to the general public. We are the huge supporters of this band. We should get tickets first!!!!

Venues limit the number of tickets a band can sell exclusively to their fans. PJ gets more than most, but beyond that, there's really nothing they can do about it. As to one LA show, that's because it's a small venue and they're trying to ensure that most 10c members get at least one show.
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D
    G-R-E-E-D

Don't pretend to know everyones situation on a message board. You come off sounding like an imature prick. I save for months anticipating a pearl Jam road trip. And I miss out on a lot so that I can have this experience. You should try it.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
    Personal attacks, name calling, fighting ....

See the Posting Guidelines.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91525
This discussion has been closed.