Options

Sold out?!?! How?

brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
edited July 2009 in The Porch
So I'd like to know why there is a limited number of tickets for 10 club members? How does that make any sense at all? What is the problem with an entire arena full of fan club??? And what's with this shit, one night only in L.A.????? I'm starting to feel like this club doesn't give a shit about us anymore. And if it has to do with ticketmaster or extra chrges ticketmaster needs that we don't get then charge us a little extra. But being sold out when the Key arena holds 12-15000 is a fucking joke!!! I don't remember ever having to worry about getting fan club seats in the past?! Other than shows like the Vic which is understandable. But it really does not make sense that it is sold out to us so that tickets can be sold to the general public. We are the huge supporters of this band. We should get tickets first!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I think it had something to do with your fellow fans buying all the available tickets.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    Break out the violin.

Everyone is happy when they win, but can't handle when they lose...
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    and so it begins....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    over bends wrote:
    I think it had something to do with your fellow fans buying all the available tickets.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    the inevitable backlash against 10c. hope they have skin that's twofeetthick
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    its was bound to happen sooner or later :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    LukinFan wrote:
    over bends wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

+1

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    over bends wrote:

So you think that the entire arena has been sold out to fan club members? Really??? I'm not sure you understand what i'm getting at.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Soooooooooooo...did you get tickets?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    so how long after tickets went on sale did you casually mosey over to your computer to effortlessly buy your tickets? :?

didnt try for tickets today but im not at all surprised by how fast they sold out
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    metsfan wrote:
    i think it held out quite long tho, this time?
    i'm impressed actually
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    veruca_salt.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    brandon10 wrote:
    over bends wrote:

So you think that the entire arena has been sold out to fan club members? Really??? I'm not sure you understand what i'm getting at.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at either. The reason 10C does not sell their tickets for the entire venue, simply put, is because they are not allowed. All Ticketmaster venues give a certain percentage of the venue as a set maximum a band may choose to allocate as fan club tickets. Last I heard was roughly 10% of the venues. Regarding having excellent access to excellent seats, Ten Club does what they can I believe.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    The 10club only gets to reserve a limited amount of tickets, these are the best seats in the arena, 10club is unable to reserve all the seats @ the key ticketmaster gets the majority
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    over bends wrote:

personally, i'd be pissed if i was going for a show in general sale and the entire ARENA was fan club (unless it was released as a fan club show)

and please remember there are a LOT of devoted fans who aren't in 10club...
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    i think it held out quite long tho, this time?
    i'm impressed actually
    haha me to

• Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    over bends wrote:

i believe per ticketmaster/venue agreements, fan clubs are only allowed 10% of tickets to sell to fanclub members. this is not 10c. this is ticketmaster.
  • Options
    I tried to get tix throught 10c but when I hit Buy it sent me to it's sister site for 4 times the price!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    jimed14 wrote:
    veruca_salt.jpg

POST OF THE DAY!!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:
    over bends wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at either. The reason 10C does not sell their tickets for the entire venue, simply put, is because they are not allowed. All Ticketmaster venues give a certain percentage of the venue as a set maximum a band may choose to allocate as fan club tickets. Last I heard was roughly 10% of the venues. Regarding having excellent access to excellent seats, Ten Club does what they can I believe.

This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    brandon10 wrote:

This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.

whewwww backpedal *cough*
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    I tried to get tix throught 10c but when I hit Buy it sent me to it's sister site for 4 times the price!
    hey this isn't a bruce springsteen ticket sale. we do things normal way around here. sorry for making fun of your post if ya really did get sent to a sister site.

• Options
    [quote="brandon10 This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.[/quote]

i recall their being acceptions made for MSG in 03. i beleive that is the same year ticketmaster instituted the policy. maybe that tour was "grandfathered" in or maybe they just didn't want to upset pearl jam again. :oops:
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    if i'm not mistaken there has always been a limited number of 10c tickets sold per show.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    hey this isn't a bruce springsteen ticket sale. we do things normal way around here. sorry for making fun of your post if ya really did get sent to a sister site.

Of course I'm jivin'.

• Options
    if i'm not mistaken there has always been a limited number of 10c tickets sold per show.
    yea there always was. this is nothing new really. only time the 10c had more tickets then ticketmaster was the 03 msg shows.

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    Now I've seen it all....

10-C won't prove to everyone that they care about us until they build 100,000-capacity stadiums in every city for Pearl Jam to play in and offer the tickets up to EVERY 10-C member. For free.

Of course then said members will bitch about being far from the stage.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    brandon10 wrote:

This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.[/quote]

It's not a new policy at all. From what i gather from talking to some peeps at TM , 10C actually get more than most fan clubs, but its still not much more than 10% . IF they even do get more than most clubs.
    there have been exceptions though as far as some shows. i seem to remember the MSG shows getting waaay more than 10%.
    but anyway, its not 10C or the bands fault at all. sorry you didnt get 10C tickets, good luck with TM.

remember, where there is a will there is a way. and sometimes its a BETTER way.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    [quote="brandon10 This is the sort of answer I was looking for. Thanks for the info. Unlike the other idiots that decided to chime in. Is this a somewhat new policy? I seem to remember there being 8000-10000 fan club members at the MSG shows in the past.

i recall their being acceptions made for MSG in 03. i beleive that is the same year ticketmaster instituted the policy. maybe that tour was "grandfathered" in or maybe they just didn't want to upset pearl jam again. :oops:[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Either way, Thing definately are changing. And not in a good way.
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Danimal wrote:

Of course I'm jivin'.
    haha ok cool

This discussion has been closed.