Options

Any Frank Turner Fans out there?

FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
edited September 2013 in Other Music
Any Frank Turner Fans out there?

Used to sing punk and hardcore, now sings folky rock. I am really digging his music right now.
I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thebettermanthebetterman Posts: 657
    I'm seeing him tonight, he's opening for The Offspring. I had never heard of him before, but he sounds like he could be pretty good.

I'll let you know what I thought tomorrow.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    My brother loves him and has seen him a buch of times, he shouts rather than sings a little to much for my liking though.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    frank turner is amazing!!

seen him i think 6 times now and every time has been fantastic. already got tickets to see him twice more on his next uk tour.

i hope his opening slot for the offspring helps him make it more in the US, he deserves it, so many great songs and from the couple of times i have had the chance to meet him he is a genuinely down to earth and nice guy.

i love frank turner.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    His shows with the offspring were sold out. He is playing Hoboken, NJ on Thursday night for free at a bar, so I am going to stop by chill, and have a few drinks. Pretty pumped for this.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Yeah, he's good!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    thebettermanthebetterman Posts: 657
    crowd last night at the offspring show didn't seem to take to him at all. I was pretty far off (for the venue) so i couldn't hear that great. Sounded like he could be pretty good though, definitely seems like a cool, friendly guy.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    Ended up seeing him at the Roseland gig, and he mentioned the jersey crowd was yelling at him haha. He is a great musician and just plays heart felt music. I can't stop listening to it. It is like when i discovered gaslight anthem and i had 70 plays a song in like two weeks for their two LP's
  • Options
    I have seen him live four times...the dude always amazes me. One of my favorite live acts out there today.

Can't wait for his new EP to come out in November and a new album coming out Spring of 2011
    2008: Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco

http://everythingwedidbelieve.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I love him, seen him in local pubs a few years back and when he supported The Levellers on tour. He is a genuinely nice bloke.

A crowd of us who met on the PJ tour in Europe in the summer are going to see him in Liverpool in December.

Oddly enough I have had 'Long live the Queen' in my head all day today.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    He's simply awesome. A friend of mine is a big fan, and I never gave him a listen. Then, saw him open for Flogging Molly back in Feb. Amazing show!
  • Options
    New EP coming out on December 6th!

Also Check this out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3m32-m3vs

• Options
    EP is out for pre-order now :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    RVM MFCRVM MFC Posts: 50
    I'll be seeing him Monday open for Social D, looking forward to it based on what everyone's said. Any recommendation on CDs to start with?
  • Options
    RVM MFC wrote:
    I'll be seeing him Monday open for Social D, looking forward to it based on what everyone's said. Any recommendation on CDs to start with?

Love Ire Songs is the perfect album to start with.

• Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Wife and I saw him open for Social Distortion last week and that he was pretty good - entertaining as well :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Only got into him recently... but I luffs him :oops: :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Only got into him recently... but I luffs him :oops: :D
    Hurrah!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Discovered him Nov. 6th this year and I've listened to him everyday since. Very good live. I hope he makes the trip back to Baltimore when Social D reschedules.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    new EP is soo good.

• Options
    sanamind wrote:
    new EP is soo good.
    I'm loving it too, I had on repeat on Sunday :D
    Looking forward to seeing him on Saturday in Liverpool.
  • Options
    I had to bump this thread, as I have had I Am Disappeared on constantly since it was leaked by Frank.

Those of you in the USA/Australia he is heading your way soon, do check him out...I am sure you will leave a fan.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    "the next round's on me!"
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    any album recommendations? Just heard the song Photosynthesis on my Pandora station and it really jumped out at me. Loookin forward to hearing some more!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    I love all his stuff, there was a mixed reaction to the last album as some thought it was over produced, so I would say start with Love, Ire and Song :D:D
    Let me know what you think!
  • Options
    sanamindsanamind Posts: 46
    Lots of U.S. Tour dates announced for the fall...too awesome bands opening up also.

• Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    Wheee! hadn't noticed this thread :o

New albums up and streaming in a few places and out next week - it's feckin awesome :mrgreen:
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    New Album - England Keep My Bones is out today...go and buy as it is awesome! :D
    The UK/Euro tour dates for the autumn are out on the 14th June I think :? and if you're in the USA/Canada then get tickets for the tour announced last week :D
  • Options
    Bump....this album is :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Just started listening to him mainly due to people talking about him on the Euro Tour thread. I like what I've heard so far and will be picking up the new album. As a Hold Steady fan I was interested to see how 'Hey Sapphire' would work with him and Franz and I really enjoyed it. Good stuff.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Just getting into him, loving it so far!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V