MSG?
    PNC?
    Jones Beach?

COME ON GUYS!

Outrageous thing!
    And no Cracow area either!!!
    What a shame...
    :mrgreen:

You wanna compare the $ they make from the NY area to Cracow , Ploand?

LMFAO......THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    The Fixer wrote:
    There's too much east coast bias as it is (ESPN)

I don't understand why people cry about this...the east coast is where the majority of the US population is
    I'm so glad 90% of touring acts aren't this dense.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    mach271 wrote:
    halszka123 wrote:
    mach271 wrote:
    No shows in NY area?

Camden?
    Meadowlands?
    MSG?
    PNC?
    Jones Beach?

COME ON GUYS!

Outrageous thing!
    And no Cracow area either!!!
    What a shame...
    :mrgreen:

You wanna compare the $ they make from the NY area to Cracow , Ploand?

LMFAO......THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY
    good... because it was obviously a joke :roll:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mach271 wrote:
    No shows in NY area?

Camden?
    Meadowlands?
    MSG?
    PNC?
    Jones Beach?

COME ON GUYS!
    jones beach sucks as a venue and remember the last time they played the island. Please stay away from long island. Also the izod center sucks.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    sgossard3 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    don't hate the NE...best cities in the US (except chicago) are in the NE
    now were talking! not that im choosing sides in this lil debate but it couldnt hurt for the east coast to cool it with the ego... but i guess having the majority of the US population also means having the majority of the US meatheads, tools, and Dbags ;) (im looking at you jersey, boston, and long island)
    there's tools everywhere jackass. You forgot to add philly. Also long island doesn't have to many tools as they do rich assholes
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jwillmo wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    There's too much east coast bias as it is (ESPN)

I don't understand why people cry about this...the east coast is where the majority of the US population is

say what you want about the great NE, but there is a reason that NY, Boston, and Philly get the most shows (multiple shows during tours too -- this applies for most artists, not just PJ/EV).

why don't cities like dallas, houston, etc get more than one show on most tours? It's not because bands are biased, it's because there isn't as much demand. The northeastern cities don't have this problem for concerts or sporting events.

the northeast doesn't hate the rest of the country, not sure why others have to hate us
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    The Fixer wrote:
    why don't cities like dallas, houston, etc get more than one show on most tours? It's not because bands are biased, it's because there isn't as much demand. The northeastern cities don't have this problem for concerts or sporting events.

the northeast doesn't hate the rest of the country, not sure why others have to hate us

Houston sold out in 03 and and 2 houston shows sold out in 00. I'm not asking for more than one show per tour...I'd be happy with just one show per tour at this point!! :) Not sure about Dallas #s but I'm pretty sure they were close to selling out, if not sold out.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    The Fixer wrote:
    jwillmo wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

say what you want about the great NE, but there is a reason that NY, Boston, and Philly get the most shows (multiple shows during tours too -- this applies for most artists, not just PJ/EV).

My point was (I thought it was obvious, I guess not) is that pretty much everyone else I want to see comes here. I don't know anything about this "hate" business you're talking about, I'm just sayin it's economically feasible for everyone else to tour here, why wouldn't it be for PJ? I don't give a shit who gets multiple shows (and I went to multiple PJ shows in Houston in 2000, so they do get them) I just want "a" show. And I'm finally getting one at ACL Fest, so there.
  • Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    The more important point, is that there is no tour dates announced, but yet some poor soul had to make a thread to complain that there are not RUMORS of a NYC show!
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    [/quote]
    I'm so glad 90% of touring acts aren't this dense.[/quote]

the northeast doesn't hate the rest of the country, not sure why others have to hate us[/quote]

EVERYBODY plays in Dallas except Pearl Jam and 99% of all big acts that come through here sell out so this idea you have that there isn't a demand here for music or shows is a complete crock. The northeast gets multiple nights because there are so many major cities so close together. TX is massive and yes it has major cities but they are spread far apart. You could fit several states in the NE into TX alone so logistically it makes sense to not play multiple nights. However, if PJ annouced a 3 nighter in Dallas I guarantee they'd sell it out all 3 nights. The fans in this state are so starved for a PJ show that it would be no problem packing the place every night. Why do you think ACL sold out in record time this year? Also, to the OP crying that there isn't a PJ show in NY this month STFU already...you guys get more than enough love from the band.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    jwillmo wrote:
    mach271 wrote:
    LMFAO.....

NY market is the largest money making market in the country!
    Wow! Tell me more about this "NY" of which you speak. It's sounds neato!
    Hahahahaha, burned.

Fuck NY. Come out to the wild wild west.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    philly getting 3 PJ shows. texas getting a festival.

the NE still rules
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The more important point, is that there is no tour dates announced, but yet some poor soul had to make a thread to complain that there are not RUMORS of a NYC show!
    as it seems,,no there are not..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I dunno - NY seems to have got a lot of love lately...time to spread the jam
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Anyone can sell out MSG when there are 15 million people living within 50 miles of it. Selling out MSG means nothing. You aren't superior in the Northeast. There is a reason why people moved West. Maybe snobbery was one of them.

If you can sell out places in Texas, Georgia, Florida, etc... then that means something. Pearl Jam has apparently figured out they cannot. Pearl Jam is no longer a touring band. Plain and simple. 15 shows in 2008, something like 7 shows in 2007, 2009 looks like another choppy, odd tour thrown together.

You know, I like Pearl Jam and visiting the Northeast, but these whiny threads from Northeasterners really piss me off. How many of you lame people have show counts of 20 or so, and they are all NYC, Boston, Hartford, and Philly? You whiny little people. Grow a pair and travel to see the band you claim to love.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    forgetthis.gif
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: LukinFan u put the best post ever....and i see in facebook some fotos of u in an fundriser party i think.... ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    yield2me wrote:
    [/quote]
    EVERYBODY plays in Dallas except Pearl Jam and 99% of all big acts that come through here sell out so this idea you have that there isn't a demand here for music or shows is a complete crock. The northeast gets multiple nights because there are so many major cities so close together. TX is massive and yes it has major cities but they are spread far apart. You could fit several states in the NE into TX alone so logistically it makes sense to not play multiple nights. However, if PJ annouced a 3 nighter in Dallas I guarantee they'd sell it out all 3 nights. The fans in this state are so starved for a PJ show that it would be no problem packing the place every night. Why do you think ACL sold out in record time this year? Also, to the OP crying that there isn't a PJ show in NY this month STFU already...you guys get more than enough love from the band.[/quote]

+1
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    yield2me wrote:
    EVERYBODY plays in Dallas except Pearl Jam and 99% of all big acts that come through here sell out so this idea you have that there isn't a demand here for music or shows is a complete crock. The northeast gets multiple nights because there are so many major cities so close together. TX is massive and yes it has major cities but they are spread far apart. You could fit several states in the NE into TX alone so logistically it makes sense to not play multiple nights. However, if PJ annouced a 3 nighter in Dallas I guarantee they'd sell it out all 3 nights. The fans in this state are so starved for a PJ show that it would be no problem packing the place every night. Why do you think ACL sold out in record time this year? Also, to the OP crying that there isn't a PJ show in NY this month STFU already...you guys get more than enough love from the band.[/quote]

+1[/quote]
    :D sweet..