Options

Eddie after party in Philly

2»

Comments

• Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    Cool, the Black Sheep was on my list of bars for Friday, and it already had an asterisk next to it, I hope it's as good as claimed.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,318
    Also if any of you are coming in early and headed to Black Sheep, Monk's is a great Belgian beer bar kind of near by. Good Dog is another good one, and there are some nice outdoor cafes at Rittenhouse Square.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    FYI, I"m in the market for a tix for Friday if anyone knows anyone . . . :)

Just one? There's a chance I'll have an extra, depending on if my wife goes.

yeah just one. Please let me know - I'll take it :)

I went to Monk's before the Who show in October. That place was PACKED.
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    Hey Ryan,
    Here's my list of bars to hit:
    Nodding Head
    Monks
    Tria
    Barristers
    Good Dog(for a burger)
    *Black Sheep*
    Misconduct Tavern
    Eulogy
    I probably won't make it to all of them. Which would you say are the top 2 or 3 to make it to? Would you nix any of them?
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    ponner1us wrote:
    Hey Ryan,
    Here's my list of bars to hit:
    Nodding Head
    Monks
    Tria
    Barristers
    Good Dog(for a burger)
    *Black Sheep*
    Misconduct Tavern
    Eulogy
    I probably won't make it to all of them. Which would you say are the top 2 or 3 to make it to? Would you nix any of them?

What kind of food/beer are you into? In any case, that's a good list!

Personally, I would say:

1. Monks (great Belgian beer, mussels, etc.)
    2. Good Dog (for a burger, yes, and fun vibe)
    3. Black Sheep (good all-around English style pub)

Tria is a really hip spot with a great wine and beer selection and outdoor seating. I'd recommend that, too, if you want something low key at any point.

Eulogy is awesome, another Belgian beer bar, but is a hike from the others. You could take the Market-Frankford subway line, though (Septa.org) and get there in about five minutes. Best french fries ever.

I don't like to disparage local businesses, as maybe I was just there on a bad day, but I have to say I am not a fan of Nodding Head's beer or environment.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Ryan--you've got some awesome info!! You gonna be our pub-crawl tour guide? :D
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options

Sure! :D
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    Just putting it out there, I know someone else is looking for one or two for Friday's show, just in case anyone knows anyone who knows anyone, blah blah blah

keep me posted

i'm really starting to psyched for this 8-)
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

Sure! :D

excellent! maybe that's what we should all do on Friday...eeek!

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    I'll be at both nights now! Probably Waterford on Thursday (as I'm driving right from work), and wherever the board consensus is (Black Sheep) Friday.

First beer's on me if I recognize ya. Maybe wear those sunglasses? :)

they're broke! you cant miss me..I'll see ya there bro
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    :D
    you need to get your ass down here earlier!!! we'll find you a ticket!

If I leave really early on Thursday I might make it on time.... :? :D

I'd leave wednesday, but thats the day I'm going to take my exam.
    ...You can do it!!! You'll just be so tired for the show it'll be like you're ALREADY drunk! :P
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'll be at the Waterford before both shows...I'll be up for anything after the shows.

One of my buddies is a manager at the new bar Ladder 51 that opened recently (I haven't been there yet, so I have no idea if this place is any good)...I'll ask him about drink specials for our group for after the shows.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Solat13 wrote:
    Sorry, didn't read the whole thread. I'm probably just going to hit University City before Friday's show. I have my old bar I used to work at and like 5 other bars within a block of it and it's about 2 and 1/2 miles from the venue.

Have fun bastard ;) Smoke's does sound like a good idea to me (damn I haven't been there in ages) unfortunately I'll be in the air on Thurs and at a rehearsal dinner in beautiful Michigan on Friday... have fun and enjoy the shows.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    RYAN wfc or anyone else with philly knowledge. Im staying at my cousins apartment on Richmond St. I have no idea where this is actually. Close to a train? Or will I have to take a cab. I should be getting into philly around 445
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    FW46778 wrote:
    RYAN wfc or anyone else with philly knowledge. Im staying at my cousins apartment on Richmond St. I have no idea where this is actually. Close to a train? Or will I have to take a cab. I should be getting into philly around 445

Do you know the cross street? Richmond Street is near I-95 in Port Richmond but extends further.

You might be close to the Market/Frankford subway line, which will take you to the venue. A cab would be really expensive (5-10 miles around rush hour).

http://septa.org/maps/market_frankford.html

Feel free to PM me if you need any help/advice!
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    petrocs wrote:
    Zoso wrote:
    petrocs wrote:
    Isnt this super far from the Tower? Hopefully we dont have a lot of buzzed drivers driving up to Upper Darby if this is the meeting place..the Waterford is right next door...eaasily stumbling..er...walking distance :)

take the subway yeah?

I am in NO WAY taking the L to the Tower...you mind as well shoot YOURSELF
    I'll be there to protect you both :D :P It's an easy ride...and the trains will be packed...shouldn't be a problem.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    I don't think there will be any time to make this into a charity event... I hadn't been to Philly in a few weeks prior to this weeks trip, so it didn't cross my mind until I was at the Black Sheep last night. I talked to the bartenders and I do believe if a lot of fans show up next Thursday and Friday night, this would be a great place for a charity event if Pearl Jam were to play Philly.

I'm figuring that a lot of people traveling and staying at hotels in the city will either be in Rittenhouse Square or close by. The bar is across the street from the Radisson hotel, and very close to the Latham Hotel, Hotel AKA, and the Sofitel. The Crowne Plaza is a few blocks away, as is the Holiday Inn Express and several others.

It doesn't seem feasible to have a pre-show gathering there as the concert is clear over in Upper Darby, but for the after show it would be perfect.

I hope to see everyone there! :)
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    mbangel10 wrote:
    I don't think there will be any time to make this into a charity event... I hadn't been to Philly in a few weeks prior to this weeks trip, so it didn't cross my mind until I was at the Black Sheep last night. I talked to the bartenders and I do believe if a lot of fans show up next Thursday and Friday night, this would be a great place for a charity event if Pearl Jam were to play Philly.

I'm figuring that a lot of people traveling and staying at hotels in the city will either be in Rittenhouse Square or close by. The bar is across the street from the Radisson hotel, and very close to the Latham Hotel, Hotel AKA, and the Sofitel. The Crowne Plaza is a few blocks away, as is the Holiday Inn Express and several others.

It doesn't seem feasible to have a pre-show gathering there as the concert is clear over in Upper Darby, but for the after show it would be perfect.

I hope to see everyone there! :)

Good points :-) WHEN the boys play Philly, we'll be prepared...

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Thursday I am pretty much in the show and out for the most part.

Friday Im down with whatever.

Good info about the bars, Ryan. I know what Im doing this Saturday when friends are in town... (im new here)
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I'll be there to protect you both :D :P It's an easy ride...and the trains will be packed...shouldn't be a problem.[/quote]

You better be! lol
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    petrocs wrote:
    I'll be there to protect you both :D :P It's an easy ride...and the trains will be packed...shouldn't be a problem.

You better be! lol[/quote]
    Nobody messes with a jersey girl :D especially not on her way to see eddie :twisted:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    If anyone will be in town real early next Friday, the Meat Puppets are playing a free show at noon on the subway line.

http://www.publicradiomail.org/wxpn/eve ... etails.tcl
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    If anyone will be in town real early next Friday, the Meat Puppets are playing a free show at noon on the subway line.

http://www.publicradiomail.org/wxpn/eve ... etails.tcl

thanks for posting this...I know at least 4 of us are going...seems like something different to do :-)