Options

Idioteque Is The Very Best Song

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited October 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Not while Warrant's and WASP's back catalogues are still available.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    we played that at our wedding reception in june and then my neck hurt for the first few days of the honeymoon from rocking out so hard...
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I would love to hear an entire album of songs like Idioteque, partly because it's awesome and partly because it would piss off the pre-Kid A crowd so much.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    nah. great little tune tho. especially live. the place goes f-in nuts.

climbing up the walls live is even more ridiculous tho, imo.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    climbing up the walls live is even more ridiculous tho, imo.

A-fucking-men!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,382
    both awesome songs...
    but i've gotta go w/ The National Anthem!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    the national anthem for me varies significantly live...it really varies depending on the sources that jonny finds and how much he's utilizing them throughout. idioteque is pretty similar throughout any given tour, though they've sorta changed it up this last time around and i enjoyed it.

hard to say. because it's very hard to beat this in my book:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rth7_O8aUDw
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    last show i saw they played

jigsaw/cutw/idioteque in a row and i thought they were the 3 best of the night
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I would love to hear an entire album of songs like Idioteque, partly because it's awesome and partly because it would piss off the pre-Kid A crowd so much.

In other words, those of us that have graduated from college. :)
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    In other words, those of us that have graduated from college. :)
    I was going for "conservative dullards who hate change" but call it what you want ;)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    you guys are hilarious.....
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    both awesome songs...
    but i've gotta go w/ The National Anthem!
    yaaaaaaaaa... National Anthem live is soooooo good.
  • Options
    i'm more of a "Morning Bell" kind of guy. The Kid A version, not Amnesiac.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I was going for "conservative dullards who hate change" but call it what you want ;)

I quite love that term "conservative dullards" and plan on using it in daily conversations whenever possible - thanks! I think that a lot of us that were big Radiohead fans from the beginning find it hard to let go of the Bends and OK Computer era. Most of us oldies, myself including, think of those two albums as their best. That being side, I enjoy their newer material also. I would rate Hate to the Theif as their third best album. And I like In Rainbows a lot. I just thought they pushed the envelope a bit much on Kid A and Amnesiac, although there were great songs on those albums as well. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    I quite love that term "conservative dullards" and plan on using it in daily conversations whenever possible - thanks! I think that a lot of us that were big Radiohead fans from the beginning find it hard to let go of the Bends and OK Computer era. Most of us oldies, myself including, think of those two albums as their best. That being side, I enjoy their newer material also. I would rate Hate to the Theif as their third best album. And I like In Rainbows a lot. I just thought they pushed the envelope a bit much on Kid A and Amnesiac, although there were great songs on those albums as well. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
    Thing is, I don't understand that train of thought. Even if I didn't listen to them when they came out, my listening of Radiohead started with OK Computer (which I did listen to when it came out), then back to Pablo Honey, My Iron Lung EP, The Bends and THEN Kid A. I just connected with the post-OK Computer stuff more than the pre-OK stuff. You could argue that their place within their time and the atmosphere in which they were released is important so it would make sense that a person who came of age, musically speaking, post-OK Computer would prefer that stuff but I try to view music purely on the music itself and I too knew their earlier stuff first. For me, they got chronologically better up until Amnesiac.