For the first time in years and years, Pearl Jam is no long my favorite band

BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
edited September 2008 in Other Music
Because I saw Sigur Ros live
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    No offence...but who? Is that spanish for sugar ray? :-)
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    Benzor wrote:

seriously?! , they're good but.....i guess everyone has an opinion.
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    seriously?! , they're good but.....i guess everyone has an opinion.

Well it has been Pearl Jam #1 Sigur Ros #2 for a while. I saw both live this summer and while Pearl Jam was amazing, Sigur Ros might have been better. Maybe its because the Sigur Ros show is fresh in my mind but right now there is nothing else I would rather listen to.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Benzor wrote:

Guess you will be posting at the Sigur Ros website more...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    WWS wrote:
    No offence...but who? Is that spanish for sugar ray? :-)

Ha Ha...when I read the OPs post, I thought the same thing.

No offense either to the thread starter, I do not know who they are so I have no opinion of the band.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    Benzor wrote:

oh thank god!! i thought you were gonna say coheed and cambria.:)
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    ooo can I have ur pj stuff?

Benzor wrote:
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    I have tickets to see them in November. Looking forward to it like nothing else. I'm not sure they'll replace PJ, as their music is so different, but they are definitely up there in my favourite bands :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I like them but theyve a bit to go before they get in amongst my absolute favourites, eg Mogwai, PJ, Radiohead, Soundgarden etc.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    They're really good live but their music has a different vibe tp PJ so I can't really compare the two of them.

There's only one band that i'd fly across the world twice to see though!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Benzor wrote:

Oh dear oh dear... *shakes head*

This thread makes me sad :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Brain Of E wrote:
    oh thank god!! i thought you were gonna say coheed and cambria.:)

lol..me too! :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Benzor wrote:
    Well it has been Pearl Jam #1 Sigur Ros #2 for a while. I saw both live this summer and while Pearl Jam was amazing, Sigur Ros might have been better. Maybe its because the Sigur Ros show is fresh in my mind but right now there is nothing else I would rather listen to.

Ok, be quiet here.........shhhhhhhhhh!

You are going to be abducted and sent back to the brainwashing chamber....(I feel it is my job to warn you people)..........

Repeat after me,

"There is no better band than PJ"

ok, now you will be taken to a dark place where you will be injected with a substance that will enable you to be pain free. And then when you are comfortable and sleepy, we will hook you up to these wonderful electrical devices and then you will be zapped four times and when you awaken you will be in a beautiful blue and white room where we will help you recover as you forget those horrid thoughts on such nonsense as thinking any band could be better.........and we will pipe in pj music to aid in this recovery as you watch only pj dvds on your tv........
    it'll be ok. many people recover pretty quickly as they see the bands they thought were better on behind the music......
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    Ok, be quiet here.........shhhhhhhhhh!

You are going to be abducted and sent back to the brainwashing chamber....(I feel it is my job to warn you people)..........

Repeat after me,

ok, now you will be taken to a dark place where you will be injected with a substance that will enable you to be pain free. And then when you are comfortable and sleepy, we will hook you up to these wonderful electrical devices and then you will be zapped four times and when you awaken you will be in a beautiful blue and white room where we will help you recover as you forget those horrid thoughts on such nonsense as thinking any band could be better.........and we will pipe in pj music to aid in this recovery as you watch only pj dvds on your tv........
    it'll be ok. many people recover pretty quickly as they see the bands they thought were better on behind the music......

This made me laugh out loud :D

Is it wrong that PJ are my favourite band but i'd still like to visit that place?? :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    This made me laugh out loud :D

Is it wrong that PJ are my favourite band but i'd still like to visit that place?? :o

Nah, we are always looking for new people to use as testing modules. Maybe we can hook you up when we are deciding between the blue and white room or the pink and white room. Oh and we are still trying to get the exact right amount of zaps in..........

still in??

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    After Pearl Jam's first two albums yes they're #1 but since then they haven't been close.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    release30 wrote:
    Guess you will be posting at the Sigur Ros website more...
    Classic

Sigur Ros sucks
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Classic

Sigur Ros sucks

Whoot! I'm not alone! :D

Sigur Ros suck ass.
    writersu wrote:
    Nah, we are always looking for new people to use as testing modules. Maybe we can hook you up when we are deciding between the blue and white room or the pink and white room. Oh and we are still trying to get the exact right amount of zaps in..........

still in??

Strangely....

yes :o

• Options
    yeah yeah yeah talk to us when the next tour happens along with new album ..sigur who talk to me once they play 30 song shows but it's all about opinions evryone is entitled to one .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Christ, you'd think it was a crime to listen to other bands here.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    no kidding, you mention any other band here... incubus, idlewild, coheed and cambria, and it seems like it is the end of the world around here. Pearl jam is great, but it is ok to like other bands people.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Pearl Jam haven't been my favourite band for over two years now. Am I still allowed to post here? :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Pearl Jam haven't been my favourite band for over two years now. Am I still allowed to post here? :)
    Nope.
    Begone foul beast and blasphemer!......

;)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i LOVE sigur ros, but they'll never beat ed in the lyrics dept. for all i know, every single song is just about how fucking cold they are. in their little knitted jumpers.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    Blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    haha i agree!
    :D
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Yep, PJ isn't my favorite anymore either. I still like listening to them but their entire library just doesn't connect with me like it used to. Still I can't wait to hear the new album whenever it comes out.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Whoot! I'm not alone! :D

Sigur Ros suck ass.

Strangely....

yes :o

Ok, I will remember that.........with enough zaps you can end up on the special forces unit that finds and commits all offenders...............

• Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Sigur Ros is great if I'm in the very specific mood... I only have one album, Takk. But it's not something I can listen to everyday, or every week for that matter.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    Benzor wrote:

Same thing happened to me.

i went from

PEARL JAM LIVE! WOOOOOO!

NIN LIVE! WOOOOOOOO!

To....

SIGUR ROSE MADE ME SEE GOD.

PJ WHO? TRENT WHO?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB