Options

For the first time in years and years, Pearl Jam is no long my favorite band

2»

Comments

• Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i also just saw sigur ros live last week and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life

they are now definitely up there close with radiohead for me
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    Sigur Ros is 25% incredible, 75% boring as shit.

i usually dig a few songs per album. but i like em.
  • Options
    Benzor wrote:
    Well it has been Pearl Jam #1 Sigur Ros #2 for a while. I saw both live this summer and while Pearl Jam was amazing, Sigur Ros might have been better. Maybe its because the Sigur Ros show is fresh in my mind but right now there is nothing else I would rather listen to.

No one can ever give me the feeling I get at a Pearl Jam show, EVER.

Sigur Ros is a great band and Ive heard theyre fantastic live but its like comparing Metallicas live show with Britney Spears, its 2 completely different genres/fans/styles etc etc
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Pearl Jam haven't been my favourite band for over two years now. Am I still allowed to post here? :)

what is your favorite band then?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Christ, you'd think it was a crime to listen to other bands here.

Ok, I know, I know...........Sir Axl is recording again...........

is that your new pick????????

j/k friend..................

(had to ask)
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    To The Op...leave Here Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D j/k
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I think I'm about to jump on the Sigur Ros bandwagon.

Their new album is available for $5 on amazon.com today. I finally decided to listen to some samples of their music, and I think I might be in love already. My copy is downloading as I type.

And Pearl Jam stopped being my favorite band a year or two ago. That title now goes to Wilco.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    what is your favorite band then?
    I don't really have one single band that I obsess over any more, not any that are currently active anyway. I like branching out. If I really had to choose, my favourite band would probably be Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Judging by my listening habits and amount of music I have, John Coltrane is probably the artist I'm most interested in right now. GY!BE have my heart though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    writersu wrote:
    Ok, I know, I know...........Sir Axl is recording again...........

is that your new pick????????

j/k friend..................

(had to ask)
    Ha, god no. I'm not remotely interested in anything after Appetite for Destruction :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ha, god no. I'm not remotely interested in anything after Appetite for Destruction :)

just joking................

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    saw them in chicago and was BLOWN AWAY... best group of fans ive been around too... respectful and quiet during the songs and then insane applause after... there was actually a lot of good looking chicks too which is always a plus compared to PJ's sausage fests... but back to the music... they did more with 4 people than i thought possible! i had my doubts when i heard there was no string or brass section on this tour, but who needs em?!? the light show was subtle and perfect... and the use of confetti was pretty sweet... it was just SO cool how there would be moments of complete silence... ive never seen that many people that quiet... and not pissing on the seats :rolleyes: ... they seemed to have a great pulse for how setlists should work too... moved between super slow and sortof slow and of course saved their few rockers for the ends... PJ kicks your ass... SR takes you on an epic journey... i dont feel compelled to compare them or play favorites... at the end of the day i would gladly pay alot of money to see either again... especially at a venue as gorgeous as the chicago theater
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

then this will surely turn your stomach.........

it did mine.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQsf3FR4op8

• Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    sgossard3 wrote:
    saw them in chicago and was BLOWN AWAY... best group of fans ive been around too... respectful and quiet during the songs and then insane applause after... there was actually a lot of good looking chicks too which is always a plus compared to PJ's sausage fests... but back to the music... they did more with 4 people than i thought possible! i had my doubts when i heard there was no string or brass section on this tour, but who needs em?!? the light show was subtle and perfect... and the use of confetti was pretty sweet... it was just SO cool how there would be moments of complete silence... ive never seen that many people that quiet... and not pissing on the seats :rolleyes: ... they seemed to have a great pulse for how setlists should work too... moved between super slow and sortof slow and of course saved their few rockers for the ends... PJ kicks your ass... SR takes you on an epic journey... i dont feel compelled to compare them or play favorites... at the end of the day i would gladly pay alot of money to see either again... especially at a venue as gorgeous as the chicago theater

i was at that show and it was mind-blowingly good. i'd had a shit day and was half asleep when i got there too. but it was spell-binding. i've never been to a show where the band seemed to have that kind of control over the crowd. i don't remember which song it was, but there was a break of almost 30 seconds and i would swear nobody in the building even breathed. amazing.

and there was definitely some great eye candy ;)
    and like that... he's gone.