SMC hiatus

viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Hey guys...I'm saying goodbye to family & friends and my life here in the USA to go back home. I'm moving back to India soon and next couple of months are going to be extremely busy and hectic.
I just want to give a heads-up to the SMC members that I won't be able to come here much till I get settled in my life back where I came from 5 years ago. Unfortunately I'll miss the next few selections and listen to all the great music.
Now the reason I made this thread is that someone will have to run this thing while I'm not around. Its not much work - explain rules to new members, pm a reminder to the next one in line to upload an album, make a thread for the next round and update the members list. Any volunteers ?
I'll keep checking in whenever I have some time and need to quench my thirst for new music. ;)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I'll miss you, dude.

I am not around here consistently enough, but I can answer any questions thrown my way. However, I can't actually promise that I will always be around.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    you'll be missed.

I can take over if ya need to. I am around on a consistent enough basis. I already mentioned earlier today I have too much time on my hands.
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Man, I'm already feeling nostalgic... well, hope everything's for good, take lots of care, and hope it's not that long 'til next time we hear something from you. You really rock. I think almost everyone can take charge of the SMC concerning new members and organizing things, but that doesn't mean you're not gonna be greatly missed here.
    Best luck, hope everything goes alright for you and don't let time run too much before we hear (read) something from you again.
    Salud, hermano!!
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • barcoach wrote:
    Man, I'm already feeling nostalgic... well, hope everything's for good, take lots of care, and hope it's not that long 'til next time we hear something from you. You really rock. I think almost everyone can take charge of the SMC concerning new members and organizing things, but that doesn't mean you're not gonna be greatly missed here.
    Best luck, hope everything goes alright for you and don't let time run too much before we hear (read) something from you again.
    Salud, hermano!!

indeed...well said.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • oh viggsy, man you're making me cry. You'll be missed, dude!

I just have to say a big huge thank you for starting the whole thing, it's so great to have such a warm group of true music lovers on this board. I really feel like we've been friends from the start. :)

But you know, it's not like you're gone forever, man! I'm sure we'll get to hear from you very soon. In the meantime, I wish you all the luck and hope everything goes well. We're all here waiting for ya. ;) I think all of us can chip in and run the thing, too. Transplant can be the leader or something, but we're all here to help.

So here's one huge toast for viggsy, and some positive vibes sent your way!!!

Cheers.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Nicely said everyone!!! Damn the love up in the SMC just touches my heart. *sudden urge to blast LBC* :D You guys RUUULE!!! I agree with everything burnin-candle said too...thank you SO much for starting this whole thing buddy. You rock my world Viggy. :) I will miss you much as well..even though it ain't forever your presence still will be missed. I wish you ALL the best with your move. We will all be here anxiously awaiting your return. :D

As far as keeping the SMC up and running...I 2nd burnin-candle, we are all here to help. With a kick ass group like this I'm sure it won't be a problem. ;)

Thanks again for everything Viggy!!! Lots of LOVE, hugs, hope, smiles and positive vibes headed your way!!! :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Its hard to describe what I feel right now...all your comments really mean a lot to me. Geez, I'm really bad at this. Thank you so much.

I'm gonna miss my life here but I'm looking forward to a new beginning. I'll be around this week and hope to be back by Feb and try to catch-up on all that I've missed.

transplant...I'm gonna pass on the torch to you. But I know all of you will keep this thing going smoothly. :)

Take care everyone and thanks.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • aww, man, i don't know what to say... everyone else said it so well, so i'm just going to second the emotion...
    you'll be missed... :(

but i wish you all the best for the future!
    and remember, you're always welcome around here! :D
    take good care, be sound!!!!!
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    goodluck man!

wish u all the best :)

sorry that ive missed a couple selections i think - havent been around much - been very busy.

is the latest one still available?
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    swede wrote:
    goodluck man!

wish u all the best :)

sorry that ive missed a couple selections i think - havent been around much - been very busy.

is the latest one still available?

It'll be available 'til Sunday, I think. Try to get it if you can!
    Merry Xmas. to all the SMC!! (I think I'll delay the poster thing for next weekend to see if more people is interested)
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"