Options

Eddie's house - Mudslide?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Prolly from Vedder High....just like the Port Moody Blues t-shirts! ;)

Hubby always wanted to ride Vedder, but now, just because of the Ed connection, he doesn't seem so keen...I'll never figure that out...Oh well, I bought him a wonderful Quiksilver jacket a couple of months ago -- he loves the jacket, but I'm sure if he ever finds out that the name of that particular style is "Vedder", he'd probably never wear it...there's just something about Ed he's not crazy about...maybe because a lot of our friends refer to him as "Eddie" - but then he went and got his hair all hacked off the other day. Dummy...I NEVER called him Eddie...EVER...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    There's a fucking town named Chevy Chase, now that's what suprised me.
  • Options
    this is crazy - some of my jamily lives in my town!! I've lived in chwk for 6yrs. Shout out localz!!!!
    ~left on vedder rd, chilliwack, bc!~
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    I'd almost bet they were referring to this news story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/11/people.vanhalen.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- It wasn't the homecoming Eddie Van Halen was hoping for.

Eddie Van Halen flew back to Los Angeles, to find his yard flooded by a water main break.

The 52-year-old guitarist had been in Edmonton, Alberta, where his band, Van Halen, had just performed, when a call came in early Monday morning from Los Angeles fire officials.

A broken water main in Studio City sent thousands of gallons of water flowing down Coldwater Canyon Avenue and into Van Halen's yard.

He arrived home from Canada around noon and surveyed the damage.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Janie Liszewski, Van Halen's publicist and live-in girlfriend.

"The pool is buried in mud, the driveway gate is down and some major landscaping is going to be needed to restore the yard to its former self," Liszewski said.

Fire spokesman Cecil Manresa confirmed Van Halen's was the lone home affected by the water, and said sandbags placed around the house prevented any water from entering inside
    In a related note, Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony were seen leaving Eddie's street carrying sledghammers, shovels and pick-axes just before the water main break was reported to authorities.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I declare this to be funny!

Poncier wrote:
    In a related note, Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony were seen leaving Eddie's street carrying sledghammers, shovels and pick-axes just before the water main break was reported to authorities.
    Touring Fan since 1996