***Pearl Jam Guitar Tabs!***

Comments

• Well I got myself an acoustic, thinking about electric once I get money, but yeah only acoustic for now, so hopefully ill learn a bit more, and then be able to use these a lot better..
  • hiya! just joined up yesterday and looking forward to gig in June in my home country.... haven't seen PJ in years and heard it could be their final gig in Wembley... and since you all seem like Musicians have you any tips on how I find a UK locally based lead guitarist, base guitarist and drummer to form a tribute band over in England... all I have to start with is a voice like Eddies!!
  • TrujeeperTrujeeper Posts: 58
    I may have missed it but I've been looking for that...more readable...not easily located in my experience...?
    Donate to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness today.
  • mah1104mah1104 Posts: 2
    especially for rares and pj related bands
    bump
  • JohnDSOTMJohnDSOTM Posts: 26
    I didn't read this thread, so sorry if this has been brought up, but does anyone know why Ten is the only available tab book?

I remember reading an issue of either Guitar World, or Guitar One a while back, and in the "forward" by the editor (an editor's blurb each month), he mentioned that when he was a kid, he saw The Who play in a small venue, and he was right in front of Pete Townshend. I guess this was around the time that Tommy came out. Anyway, he said Pete did something that he will never forget. During the intro to one of the songs (might have been PinBall Wizard), it became pretty obvious to Pete that there were a few guys down close that were trying to see what chords he was playing. Pete noticed this, and basically faced them straight on, without moving around, so they could see exactly what he was playing.

The reason he told that story, was because the blurb he was writing about had to do with the fact that a certain band had declined to allow the magazine to print any of their songs out in tab. Kind of like they didn't want everyone to know how they play it. Sounds dumb, but that was really the gist of the article.

He never said which band he was referring to, but I've always thought that, as much as it doesn't seem like them AT ALL, it might actually be Pearl Jam that he was referring to.

Case in point.......Ten is the only tab book available.......Guitar World and Guitar One (same publisher, I believe), have transcribed some PJ tunes, but only a few, and other than repeating previously transcribed songs from older issues, I have not seen a new PJ song in those magazines since that article. At one point, they obviously gave permission to have their songs transcribed. But, did they stop? Why nothing (other than Yellow Ledbetter) since Ten?

There are lots of other magazines that transcribe songs, but from what I have seen, PJ is noticeably absent from all of them.

Thoughts? Theories?

I'm a guitar hack, so tab books are a lot of fun (and helpful) for me, and not having anything available from one of my favorite bands kinda honks.
  • I remember that in Q&A section of the rumor pit, one of the questions was why PJ hasn't released more tab books since Ten, and the answer was use your ears. I guess that's the way all PJ members learned to play.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Do the evolution anyone know why the tab isn't on the small format as the starting tab and is very difficult to read?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Anyone know if Rick from GTW is going to do tabs for the Into The Wild soundtrack? There are some tabs floating around, but I don't trust anything unless it comes from GTW.
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Anyone know if Rick from GTW is going to do tabs for the Into The Wild soundtrack? There are some tabs floating around, but I don't trust anything unless it comes from GTW.

The one's floating around for Guaranteed seems pretty spot on, and I learned Toloumne from a decent tab.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Sorry if it's already posted in here but does anyone know a good tab or chord version of Long Road or can point me in the right direction. My 11 year old wants to play it as a tribute to his 18 year old cousin that died Christmas Eve in an auto accident for a school show. Thanks.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I am sorry for your loss. That's beautiful that your son will be playing Long road. My brother died in an accident a while ago and it was played at his funeral too. Stay strong.

http://www.giventowail.com have the tabs for Long Road.

http://www.giventowail.com/tabs/?p=168&tabid=84
  • Thanks for the lovely sentiment Pj_Gurl and my condolences for your loss as well. Thanks also for the tab link. Young people passing never makes sense. This was his first mortality check since she was so young and beautiful and close to his age. They attended the same grade school when he was little and he really looked up to her. He listened to this song over and over after it happened because he said it put it in a perspective he could understand. IMO Eddie is one of the greatest writers of our time. Congrats on his Golden Globe Award for Guaranteed.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• anybody have a good tab for why go? on giventowail when you click it, it brings you to the ledbetter tab!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    anybody have a good tab for why go? on giventowail when you click it, it brings you to the ledbetter tab!
    i've got the original one from GTW. If no one else has posted it by the time i get home from work i'll link it for you.
    I couldn't put the tab here as it says it's too big to post. So i'll put a yousend it link.
    When you open the link it looks like it's formated wrong but just copy and past it onto a word doc and it will read out fine.

http://download.yousendit.com/E5C52215197F1478
  • Pj_Gurl wrote:
    I couldn't put the tab here as it says it's too big to post. So i'll put a yousend it link.
    When you open the link it looks like it's formated wrong but just copy and past it onto a word doc and it will read out fine.

http://download.yousendit.com/E5C52215197F1478

thanks so much!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • jessejesse Posts: 170
    JohnDSOTM wrote:

Case in point.......Ten is the only tab book available.......Guitar World and Guitar One (same publisher, I believe), have transcribed some PJ tunes, but only a few, and other than repeating previously transcribed songs from older issues, I have not seen a new PJ song in those magazines since that article. At one point, they obviously gave permission to have their songs transcribed. But, did they stop? Why nothing (other than Yellow Ledbetter) since Ten?

There are lots of other magazines that transcribe songs, but from what I have seen, PJ is noticeably absent from all of them.

Thoughts? Theories?

i have seen betterman and worldwide suicide tabbed in recent magazines! i wish they would tab other songs i have about three magazines where alive is tabbed
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    anybody have a good tab for why go? on giventowail when you click it, it brings you to the ledbetter tab!

Y dont they fix this?

I THINK THERE IS ANOTHER BUT CANT REMEMBER.
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
    SBC03 wrote:
    Y dont they fix this?

I THINK THERE IS ANOTHER BUT CANT REMEMBER.
    There is a thread at GTW where you can report broken links and then Rick will fix them when he is able to. Sometimes, unless they are told, they are not aware there is a problem. There's like over 500 tabs, and for the amount of tabs available, it's really not a common problem. I think rather than asking here, 'why don't they fix this?, you would be much better off to let the people at GTW know that there is a problem with one of the links and then it will be fixed.
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    noted:)
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Charger74Charger74 Posts: 59
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    There is a thread at GTW where you can report broken links and then Rick will fix them when he is able to. Sometimes, unless they are told, they are not aware there is a problem. There's like over 500 tabs, and for the amount of tabs available, it's really not a common problem. I think rather than asking here, 'why don't they fix this?, you would be much better off to let the people at GTW know that there is a problem with one of the links and then it will be fixed.

I checked GTW and none of the links worked for me for tabs. In the little box it has to contact them, i put my name, email, and comment in it. When I clicked 'submit', it brought up a summary page, only my info i had just put in was not listed at all, so who knows if they even got it.
    9-6-98 KNOXVILLE, TN
    6-16-08 COLUMBIA, SC
    8-28-09 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
    I checked GTW and none of the links worked for me for tabs. In the little box it has to contact them, i put my name, email, and comment in it. When I clicked 'submit', it brought up a summary page, only my info i had just put in was not listed at all, so who knows if they even got it.
    i'm not sure what would be going down with that. The tabs are working ok for me. There may be the the odd one here or there where the link is broken and you get directed to the incorrect tab and that's the ones i was suggesting to report.

Was there a particular tab you needed and i can pm it to you?
  • ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    can someone post the tab here. I cant view yousendit from work
    Do you mean the why go tab? It's pretty big, it's gonna take about three posts, and might be confusing. I'm not nerdy enough to know how to make it smaller. I can email if that's easier for you. Let me know.
  • Hey,

does anyone have a tab sheet, or know how to play, the version of Sometimes that Ed has been performing on his East Coast tour?

I'm trying to figure out how to play the part when he starts singing, "sometimes I ..., Sometimes I..."

- Thanks
  • Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    Can you re-host the Why Go tab? The download link is expired :(
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    hey guys... all the tab link errors on GTW are now fixed.. sorry for the delays!
  • Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    rickp wrote:
    hey guys... all the tab link errors on GTW are now fixed.. sorry for the delays!

You sir, rock :)
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I would suggest a correction in the why go tab on giventowail..
    I'm pretty sure that in the chorus of the song stone plays in Em (not the E chord on the 7th fret showed in the giventowail tab), he basically stays in this position for all the chorus, 2nd (B) and 3rd (G) string played together on the 12th fret, they can be played as harmonics.. mike, at least in the early live versions, plays something similar to the main riff, in the more recent live versions he plays for sure the chorus bass line (E, B, G, D, as power chords)..
    Hope this helps :)
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    just now learning to play and love gtw. although fingerpicking is hard as hell for me, which is annoying as release is the first song listed under pj for beginners. i think i might try elderly woman. transitioning between chords is still hard. like i said...noob.