***Pearl Jam Guitar Tabs!***

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • WonderMikeWonderMike Salem, Mass. Posts: 22
    Bob Dylan - "If You See Her, Say Hello"
    My name's actually Nick. Some PJ writing.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Anyone know what's up with the site?

I'm getting this:

This domain has just been registered for one of our customers!
    Domain registration and webhosting at best prices.

:confused:

EDIT: Just saw this thread. Hope it's back up soon!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=216614
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • probably remodeling or something.

bump for hope.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    come back giventowail!!!!!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    i'm safe and serene caus'i have print all the tab !!
    ... hope they 'll be back soon all the same .
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Is this a crazy twist of fate? They actually sticky it, but the site is down?! Crazy.
  • They sticky'ed our thread?

HOLY SHIT

We win! :D

Thank you for finally listening Kat ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • stickied !! woulda lost that bet. maybe the reason giventowail is down is that with all the lawsuits it's gettin a pj endorsement so the musicians publishing association (whatever) doesn't threaten the site.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    moster78 wrote:
    Is this a crazy twist of fate? They actually sticky it, but the site is down?! Crazy.

haahaa :)

ironic isnt it!!!! thanks for the sticky Admins :) and by that i dont mean Kat is rolling around in toffee sauce.... ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    http://www.giventowail.com

The best Pearl Jam and Pearl Jam related bands tab site on the internet!

(Keep this bumped!)

PJ and Toast... can you edit your first post on this thread and put in the url bracket data as I've done above... its not linking to the site and adding the URL tagging will enable new lookers just to be able to click it :) :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    so, the band have officially validated the tab of http://www.giventowail.com ?! great reconnaissance ! bravo !!
    sandoz wrote:
    so, the band have officially validated the tab of http://www.giventowail.com ?! great reconnaissance ! bravo !!

i dont think the band have officialy sanctioned the site..

UPDATE!

Rick has been on giventowail and given us a rundown of whats been happening lately :)
  • "One last thing (a couple really) just to clear up some issues, no one at this site will get you in touch with Mike. "

Whats that all about? did people email rick all the time asking him to put them in touch with mike? why would they think he could do that? mike doesnt haev anything to do with the site, unless ive missed something. just annoying fans or what?
  • The full message for those of you who haven't seen it yet:
    9/27/2006

Some of you may be wondering what happened to Given To Wail. Some of you might be wondering which rumor to believe... did they pay their bill? Did they sell the site? Were they finally shut down? Did they just give up on it?

The answer to all of those questions is no. The server we are on was attacked and everything was lost last week. Fortunately, I've kept backups of all the pages, articles and tabs on the site. While that may seem like some bit of relief, trust me, it's not. Unfortunately, our database was lost and thus all of our forum information and some site info. Rebuilding will take some time as I plan on using this opportunity to move Given To Wail towards are more community based project. We're not going anywhere.

In fact, your help could probably be of service. The basic plan right now is the wiki route. Once things start getting set up and information reloaded, if you feel you can help out with content or graphics or info or anything, please feel free to contact me.

Don't worry, the first thing that will be brought back will be the tabs. Or the forum. Whichever comes easier. It'll just take some time so those of us working on it appreciate your patience. One last thing (a couple really) just to clear up some issues, no one at this site will get you in touch with Mike. Ever. No one at this site ever took donated money for Katrina victims and spent it.

So, thanks for your understanding and we'll be back soon.
    -Rick
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • "One last thing (a couple really) just to clear up some issues, no one at this site will get you in touch with Mike. "

Whats that all about? did people email rick all the time asking him to put them in touch with mike? why would they think he could do that? mike doesnt haev anything to do with the site, unless ive missed something. just annoying fans or what?

Not really sure. Rick has probably contacted Mike a few times about content or to ask "is it OK for this to be the official Mike McCready page" but not to the extent of asking him to validate the tabs. But otherwise yeah, just annoying fans I guess.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • I hadn't noticed, but we achieced our goal!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I hadn't noticed, but we achieced our goal!

Hahaha!!!

Yes!!, I haven't been on in a while so this was a great surprise!!!

Rock on guys!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    zzzzzzzzzz
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Its been a while now, any word on the status of giventowail? Im dying here.

:(

Does the fact that both giventowail AND pearljamlive.com are "gone" say anything? Or is it coincidence? I'd hate to think the guys from pearl jam either endorsed or requested OR approve of this. !
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    I think it just says that two sites happen to be down at the same time.

The forums are back online: http://www.giventowail.com/forum/
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    rickp wrote:
    I think it just says that two sites happen to be down at the same time.

The forums are back online: http://www.giventowail.com/forum/

Awesome rick! Holy cow, do you have a camera watching me? Thanks for the answer, so quickly. Sucks that there's assholes out there who feel a need to mess with other's hard work. Trying not to come off as impatient, you rockzorz my sockzorz and we miss your site bad!!! ;)

Keep up the good work.
    I forgot my username and pw tho, its been "auto" for so long now. :(
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    Awesome rick! Holy cow, do you have a camera watching me? Thanks for the answer, so quickly. Sucks that there's assholes out there who feel a need to mess with other's hard work. Trying not to come off as impatient, you rockzorz my sockzorz and we miss your site bad!!! ;)

Keep up the good work.
    I forgot my username and pw tho, its been "auto" for so long now. :(

There seems to be a registration problem right now so I'm looking into it. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it within the next few days. But until then, sorry for the delay.
    rickp wrote:
    There seems to be a registration problem right now so I'm looking into it. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it within the next few days. But until then, sorry for the delay.
    dude, can you get me in touch with mike, also, wheres my donated Katrina money????????????

jk man, great work
  • I really want to know what is going on with our guitar tabs, I need them. Specifically giventowail.com...It is very odd that this happened around the same time that all those other tab sites are shut down due to litigation issues for copyright issues.

This is all BS!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Novawind wrote:
    Not really sure. Rick has probably contacted Mike a few times about content or to ask "is it OK for this to be the official Mike McCready page" but not to the extent of asking him to validate the tabs. But otherwise yeah, just annoying fans I guess.

did u know if u type mike mccready tabs into google this thread comes up seventh!!! Thats how i came across it, its under given to wail and some other yahoo thing!

i just read the message, may be because the people who were threatening with a virus wanted to get in touch with Mike.

Self cetered idiots of this world

Andrew
    "a wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw, delivered him wings said look at me now"
    we've all been given wings to fly, now all we have to do is soar
  • Is there any other good tab sites for PJ? Given to wail had the most accurate ones i have ever found, the rest i have found just are not right, and the GTW site seemed to mostly use the "live" tabs that were more accurate. Thanks for any help you may give me.

Chad K
    PJ, PLAY THE SOUTH BABY!
  • Seeing as though I have yet to do this...

BUMP!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Whoops. Ignore me folks!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I haven't seen this here yet so: http://www.giventowail.com/new/main.php.
    If it's already been posted and I missed it, then I apologize. :)
    butt cheeks can't be tamed!!!

http://www.myspace.com/bandagente