***Pearl Jam Guitar Tabs!***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    overgrad23 wrote:
    just now learning to play and love gtw. although fingerpicking is hard as hell for me, which is annoying as release is the first song listed under pj for beginners. i think i might try elderly woman. transitioning between chords is still hard. like i said...noob.
    Lot's of practice and it will get easier. Feel free at any time to post in the forum if you need help with anything. People will bend over backwards to help you there. Rock on.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    GIVEN TO FRICKIN WAIL, BABY! Yea!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    tryin to figure out the version of corduroy from the bridge show in like 96..i got it all from listenin but what chord can i strum for "everything has changed"?usually a Gmaj right? i dunno i just play dont know all the chords :D
  • growinUpgrowinUp Posts: 31
    im trying figure out the chords on this one.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjnGhYVeHAc

im not really good at playing guitar, but i see the most obvious chords, but i just cant figure ut the whole thing....

anyone got a clue? a tab maybe?
    i wish i was the verb to trust, and never let you down
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Haven't tried it yet but here it is, Got Some

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/p ... me_tab.htm
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    Austicman wrote:
    Haven't tried it yet but here it is, Got Some

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/p ... me_tab.htm

That tab is *close* to what I've been working on.. it's a good start. I'm about 30% done with mine.. just been busy w/ work and crap =) (yes, we're still around over there!)
  • So has anyone figured out 'The Fixer' guitar tab yet? I could give it a stab, but I'm being lazy. :roll:
  • Intro: B - D (main chords) then quickly F - ? Then there's some palm muted G - Em - D - B in the verses G- Em and D in the chorus and some C in the bridge....I believe. Standard tuning, all barre chords.
  • Well, here's my attempt at The Fixer...all comments (+ or -) welcome. Its kinda sketchy (first time doing this kinda thing, too loud and the tone's a little too crunchy) but to be fair, it was done in one take through my laptop. Hope you like it!

As many here, I'm getting pumped to see the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-pVwnozr6Y
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Well, here's my attempt at The Fixer...all comments (+ or -) welcome. Its kinda sketchy (first time doing this kinda thing, too loud and the tone's a little too crunchy) but to be fair, it was done in one take through my laptop. Hope you like it!

As many here, I'm getting pumped to see the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-pVwnozr6Y

nice work!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i always use ultimate-guitar.com but if i cant find something this place usually has it.

its kind of a pain w/o ratings and it opens new windows but..o well

http://www.azchords.com/p/pearljam-tabs-2995.html
  • I know Alive backwards, but the solo is still a bit rough. I have the Tab book, which is cool, but it has like invisible notes in there that i'm like WTF? I think there's any easier one online (aka: Ultimate-Guitar). If I can pat down the solo, I would know the whole song. ARG!
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    What's up with Given to Wail site? Has it been down for long?
    I just tried to access it, and nada...
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    -Buru- wrote:

I thought I was the only one. It says something like error 404 page not found, or something like that.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i play got some drop D
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • OGT92 wrote:
    -Buru- wrote:

I thought I was the only one. It says something like error 404 page not found, or something like that.

given to wail was hacked a few weeks ago and the site is down :(

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=114998
  • Hey all!! Been waiting for Giventowail to go live again!! Anywhere else to get accurate PJ tab?? I'd like to learn crazy mary, any help would be mucho appreciated!!!

Cheers Steve
  • Steve, if you google Crazy Mary, an accurate tab will come up. The one with Am -F and C - G sequence is the right one. The rest is all about the strumming. Let me know if you need help with that
  • Ultimate-guitar.com has got a good tab for Crazy Mary, an excellent an athmospheric song to play and sing along with.

I wish Giventowail would function asap. Good quality tabs over there, much appreciated.
    Arnhem '06 / Nijmegen '07 / Hartford '08 / Hyde Park '10

Demanding Pearl Jam to Finland: http://eventful.com/demand/D0-001-000849519-7
  • Can anyone forward the giventowail guitar alternate tuning chart? I really miss giventowail! Thanks
  • GIVENTOWAIL is almost back up and running :D , come on spring.
    If i was ever the problem, i'd certainly never admit it...
  • Seahawksean80Seahawksean80 Raleigh, NC Posts: 9
    Anyone know where I can find the tab to "Johnny Guitar" or if not, why it is the only one from Backspacer that hasn't appeared yet?
    Boston II '94, Charlotte '96, Hartford '96, Raleigh '98, Columbia, MD '98, Greensboro, NC '00, Raleigh '03, Denver I '06, Denver II '06, Columbia, SC '08, Bristow, VA '10, Los Angeles I '13, Los Angeles II '13, Amsterdam I '14, NYC Central Park '15, Greenville, SC '16, Hampton '16, Columbia, SC '16, Wrigley I '16, Wrigley II '16
  • vesurivesuri Posts: 12
    Can't wait until GIVENTOWAIL's new site's running!!!

KEep on rocking!
  • JW42505JW42505 Posts: 113
    when is gtw back for good???
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    :x
    My butt itches!
  • Can anyone tell me the easiest way to play the C# in 'Hail Hail'?

There's so many varieties on different sites!! :?
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    i play it like a A chord (with my pointer finger covering the D, G and B strings as a barre) and add the ring finger on the A string. Tabbed like so...

Then the next chord is played the same but up one fret. :D
  • savman wrote:
    i play it like a A chord (with my pointer finger covering the D, G and B strings as a barre) and add the ring finger on the A string. Tabbed like so...

Then the next chord is played the same but up one fret. :D

Fantastic - thank you. Can the two E strings be played or not?
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Youre welcome.

I try not to play them. I dont think they would quite sound right.
    I think the technical assement of the chord is an A with the C# bass note or A/C#. Am no musical theorist but i dont think E is part of that chord formation.
  • savman wrote:
    Youre welcome.

I try not to play them. I dont think they would quite sound right.
    I think the technical assement of the chord is an A with the C# bass note or A/C#. Am no musical theorist but i dont think E is part of that chord formation.

You and me both - I don't really have a clue about theory, I'm just really following patterns! Do you find it easier to play F as a barre chord? I tend to always play F this way, but not sure if it always sounds right in certain songs.