Options

Mfc

fruscianteisgodfruscianteisgod Posts: 7
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
on eddies guitar, why does he play it in drop d? i have absolutely no idea...it seems perfectly fine to play it in standard, almost even easier because the f chord during the chorus is right below the b flat chord. i dont know, just seems kind of useless. maybe im just playing it wrong.
"last stop on the west coast line, just south of the northern border" = Gorge I and II, 2006

I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-pees R Us.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    on eddies guitar, why does he play it in drop d? i have absolutely no idea...it seems perfectly fine to play it in standard, almost even easier because the f chord during the chorus is right below the b flat chord. i dont know, just seems kind of useless. maybe im just playing it wrong.

I've always thought that too, mind you I've only ever played the intro.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Live Ed tends to use the same guitar for MFC as he does for Habit, which is a song he plays in drop D-tuning. Don't know if that is the reason, but it is something I've noticed.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I dunno about the drop-D tuning...

But we really need to get the final word on which guitar player really IS god.

I've counted the secret ballots, and so far, it's McCready taking 100% of the votes...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options

I've counted the secret ballots, and so far, it's McCready taking 100% of the votes...

Lololol :):)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    i play it in standard
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options

haha are you challenging me to a duel?

upon revision, id have to say that frusciante is more of a jesus though. still, cant we just have a polytheistic panel of gods? i have to fit page in there somewhere.
    "last stop on the west coast line, just south of the northern border" = Gorge I and II, 2006

I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-pees R Us.
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031

Its always been Stone, alwas will be Stone. ;) although Mikey was on fire in London tonight
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    i play it in standard
    yeah i play it in standard too.

but it can be played either way.

he probably just wrote it in Drop-D and thus it remained.

and it makes the G chord shape so maybe it's more comfortable (i dunno).
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"