Options

Help

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all. Some of you have heard about my plans to buy that 72 reissue telecaster. I was just reading some reviews, some were awesome (I guess most) but some were just awful. Can someone who has played this guitar or a very similar one gimme some reassurance here?

Thoughts on a "thick" neck?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What were the reviews saying? Bad action, bad construction, fret buzz?
    PJ + AIC = LoveThemBones
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    necks are relative. Thick necks are fine. It's a fender Unless it's a SRV strat (think Tree trunk) It's not going to be that thick you'll get used to it and it will become comfortable. If you like the guitar you will like it. Many people who post negtive reviews don't like the instrument in the first place. You like it, the way it looks and sounds right? The longer you have it the better it will feel. I had a hard time adjusting to a thick neck Les Paul too now it's comfy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    well on this site most reviews gave the guitar 8 or 9 out of 10. The were a couple that were basically saying "this is the worst guitar ever" kinda thing. I was kinda hoping someone here had actually played one.

These guys pretty much named every part of the guitar and said it was shit.

So can anyone fill me in on their opinion of this guitar?
  • Options
    Shameless BUMP. Common someone has to have played seen or know someone who plays this guitar
  • Options
    hey, yeah i have one, i got it about a year ago. real cool, black on black, and eddie has actually played it!!! that was the main reason i bought it, but after playing a couple shows with it, holy shit!!! i love to use the single coil bridge pickup for some clean rhythm tone, but that neck hummbucker is what really does it for me, i can get that raunchy sound, almost like a les paul... and i like how it's set up like a gibson with the 3-way pickup switch on the top... BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!!!
    oh let them try to frown,
    cause i won't regret a thing,
    the fuckin' plane is down,
    ain't no sitting on the wing.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    It definitely has it's own sound. It's absolutely beautiful at being what it tries to be, but it's not the perfect guitar for everyone, nor is it necessarily very versatile. You'll never find a guitar that does everything. It's not my personal sound, but a buddy of mine has one retro-fitted with a Bigsby-style tremelo bridge, and it's great for his style. I have a feeling the bad reviews came from people who thought it would sound and feel one way, but sounded and felt completely different. Their mistake. But you should ALWAYS try before you buy. If you tried it, and it felt and sounded right, get it.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.