Options

Review of Chicago Show 1

JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I think it was safe to say there were no tickets sold to non 10C members :)
Way to go 10C!!!!!
The place was packed as usual.
Eddie opened with his usual Bulls statement, say what you will, but it is obvious he really misses the old NBA and MJ.
They opened with Release and nailed it.
But Eddie had signal problems off and on thorugh out the show.
Mike has some signal issues as well.
I am not sure if this was caused by the unusual Laser effects they added or the fact that this was one of the first shows of the tour, but in any case they battled through it and I doubt most noticed.
They played 5 or 6 tracks off the new album and while the crowd didn't get into anything but WWS, I actually thought it was a nice change from the good old standby's.
I lost count after a while, they played forever which is good news for the rest of the tour.
The nice surprises were Comback, Atomic Dog and Present Tense with Mike playing the new Historic Hendrix Flying V. Too BAD he couldn't get a tech to keep the fucker in tune!
Overall the energy level was up.
Eddie being the class act he is decied to recognize a fan who had been to every show since the old Mookie days. The guy named "Rob" must have 10C #1 as he was dead center front row and Eddie made sure we all knew that was his seat LOL.
I am pumped for tonight and I hope they get the signal issues worked out.
WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
BJF powers my Pedal Board
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool atomic dog. Sounds like it was a great show overall. I want to see the Hendrix V
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Looks like it was a good show...

I am 99% there on Friday. Can't wait.

Two PJ shows are always better than one.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    comeback has to be a fun song to play, especially in chicago.

If I ever do that one it's getting a gratuitous solo.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Come Back is fun to play :)

and HOW THE HELL can someone go to every show since 1991?

Is that even fucking possible?

plus even for Pearl Jam tickets how much is that?

must be in the tens of thousands at least..

good god i envy him.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    where were your seats J?

I was on the side in 111 and had a great view of the band and the entire arena. I honestly thought (aside from a few sections on the floor) the crowd was the worst I've ever seen at a PJ show...which was dissapointing since I thought chicago would go crazy (could be due to the fact that the last two shows I saw were in Canada, where the fans were amazing).

Stone had problems with his acoustic during the first minute or so of Low Light, couldn't hear him at all on my side so it took me awhile to identify what song it was. The UC sucks so bad for sound.

Aside from these things and the fact it was a fairly predictable set, the show was of very very good.

and am I the only one that feels Come Back does absolutely nothing for me?...especially live.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV