Options

rough songs im workin on...

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
check em out if you have the broadband :) lemme know what you think. mind you these are the rough 10 AM shit vocals and not the finals .. so its missing acoustic guitar parts in songs as well as back up vocs... just fishing for opinions

right click and save target on these links ... or stream them if ya have broadband and want to:

locked:
http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/locked-rough.mp3

own:
http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/own-rough.mp3

i know (the end keeps going and another song begins to play because we fucked up burning it, my appologies)
http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/iknow-rough.mp3

all songs (c) 2003 eoto

-dm
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Locked is beautiful... warm sound. What guitar did you use? I'll DL the other songs too. Nice work.

-mrc
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    thanks pariah. I have a strat and used a chorus effect on it :) always sounded pretty clean.

thanks for checkin it out.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Hey DM,

Great tunes, they keep rolling!

"Locked" - Very beautiful. I dig the lyrics as usual.

"Own" - Took me 3 listens to start to dig the keys on this song. At first it sounded odd, but I like it now.

"I know" - Always was a great little tune. Loved the acoustic version you had done. But you guys added alot to the full band version, and it works really well. I like the intro

Later dude,
    John

By the way, I took a sneak peak at "BT" as well and thought it was incredible. Seemed much darker vibe and harder (at the end)than the usual material, but it was really good.
  • Options
    heh thanks, JB. I was gonna email you the link hehe.

yeah Buried Time is on the site too. it will be a decent song once its all worked out in the end. just our "dark" song hehe

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    I liked Buried Time alot, its different than alot of your stuff but it still fits nicely.

So how many more tunes to finish before the album is done? It would make some nice little xmas presents!!
  • Options
    heh, well... we have about 3 more to do for electric and keys.. and then i have to go in and add the acoustic to most songs... then the vocals. it'll be a while and i doubt we will have it done before next year.... but who knows. wish us luck :)

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    make sure you post em when the vocals are finito too!!!

:)
    TROGDORRRR!!!!!!!
  • Options
    yeah sorry, alley hehe. they will almost be night and day songs by then :))

i just wanted to feel the pulse of random listeners, music wise :)

thanks again
    -d

ps- when is your full length album due out btw?
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    thats true low, the songs are night and day different then their original incarnations. but they still always sound cool.

can't wait to hear the full band "dry your eyes"!!!
  • Options
    yeah wish us luck with Dry Your Eyes. I want it to come out just the way I have it in my head. lots of acoustics. little bit of classic guitar as well and a very light hint of kind of bluesy notes from the electric.

we will see.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    locked is EXCELENET!
    i just got broadband today so these puppies are downloading quick as a flash!
    yep just downloaded another, look forward to listening to it!
    im very impressed!
    im presently thinking about penning some songs of my own and it is work like this which makes me believe!

Congratulations!

John
  • Options
    oh and you have a great voice too
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    I agree, its cool hearing other peoples music and being inspired to do your own.
  • Options
    thanks, that is the ultimate compliment :) id love to hear your tunes when you get them recorded :)

you too, edv77. youre long over do. get a band together and record some stuff!

-d

oOOOHHH i wish i had broadband again! im jealous, A.
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    I'm trying I'm trying. I've got an acoustic guitar player and a 4trk, so hopefully a song or two will come out of those sessions. D, you'll be one of the first to hear it.....Good luck with the rest of the recordings.
  • Options
    very cool JB. :) look forward to hearing some tunes from you.

ill go ahead and post Buried Time for the hell of it. for those who like kinda darker music....

the cool thing about this is we just acquired a fucking amazing lead guitarist who is going to make this song fucking break wide open...

but for now this is the unfinished from hell version. but you get the idea.

http://low_light_music.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/buriedtime-rough.mp3
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Congrats on the new guitarist!

"Buried" rocks man, like I said its different than some of your other stuff but definitely in a good way. Keep up the great tracks man.