Options

ukelele

rybesrybes Posts: 136
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
im wondering if any of you play the ukelele, ive been thinking of picking one up. ive been playing the acoustic for a while, and i know the cords are quite different, but is it quite easy to play?

thanks for any input! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    They're awefully fun to mess around on... pretty easy to pick up on how to play one. Sure, chords are way different, but it's still a fun instrument.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    plaking the uke is easier in some aspects and a lot harder in others. Obviously it's easier in the fact that it only has 4 strings, but physically i find it more difficult. My hands aren't that bigs, but i find it hard to fret on my soprano ukulele, because the frets are so little. also, because there are only 4 strings, you have to make all the voicings really close together so your fingers get all squeezled. But yeah...go uke
    thieves in the window
    trouble down the hall
    the resin white ceiling
    blood, dripping, flows
    out on the front line
    preachers sweep the earth
    out on their backsides
    with nothing in common, with no problem
    she's just a girl...
  • Options
    If you do I highlky suggest people check out Jake shimabukuro. One of the best ukulele players around. I have lived in hawaii for about 7 years and after hearing E.V. on the uke I realize how much better everyone else is. He should hang it up and stick to singing. Don't flame me for this I think he's ok (hell, much better than me) All I am saying is that don't let vedder be your inspiration for picking it up. Check out so many others.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    anyone that inspires anyone else to pick up an instrument is special. their virtuosity is irrelevent.

imagine how much music would suck if the ramones never inspired anyone to pick up a guitar. imagine if something wretched like ELP was the driving force behind kids grabbing guitars.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I got a new blues harmonica this weekend. Fun Fun Fun for 3.99
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    a lot of the chords are similar.....easy to play!!!