Options

DOD Death Metal Distortion

Scoot82Scoot82 Posts: 78
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi everyone, today is my bday and my little brother got me a DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal. I plugged it in and it sounded pretty cool, but my only concern was that maybe it was too heavy. I like to play mostly rock (PJ obviuosly) type stuff and was wondering if I should take this back and get something like a Boss DS-1. I have read some reviews and everyone loves their Death Metal Pedal and praise it, but I am just nervous as I don't really play too much heavy metal. Any info. is greatly appreciated.
Well, it's one louder, isn't it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TRADE IT iN 4 BEEr

BEER WILl NEVER let U DOWn
  • Options
    anyone else?
    Well, it's one louder, isn't it?
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, beer. I'd trade it for beer.

But if you don't like beer, the DS-1 is a pretty good, basic pedal. I would recommend an Ibanez Tubescreamer, myself, but the DS-1 would be better than a Death Metal Distortion. The DMD is great for playing exactly that, Death Metal, but if you don't want to be James Hetfield, trade it in.

But don't just ignore the possibility of beer.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah, that's got a little more gain than you need but then so does the DS-1. Depending on your amp though the DS-1 is a great distortion pedal, Cobain used it for his sound. If you're looking to spend a bit more, Robert Keeley http://www.robertkeeley.com builds modified DS-1's to make them more clear and more tubelike, he even has a model that he created for Steve Vai. So you know it sounds good. Pearl Jam use more amp distortion than pedal distortion, they use Ibanez Tubescreamers to boost the preamp tubs and send the power amp tubes into distortion. If you can't turn it up that loud the DS-1 would be a good fit.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.