Options

1/2 full live ? mccready question.

YouAreYouAre Posts: 4
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
what setting does MIKE have for this live? any pedals or something. i love the sound. if you know post please.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it's mostly amp power tube overdrive. Turn your amp up really loud and your gain down. Set the EQ like you like it. Turn on tube screamer again gain down volume up all the way. Let er rip.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    WOts a tUBE SCREAMEr
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by MONKEYNUTS
    WOts a tUBE SCREAMEr

a pedal made by Ibanez (maxon) used by SRV and countless others to overdrive their tube amps. It can be used as a clean boost or subtle over drive or as an gain boosting overdrive.

Various forms include the much lauded TS-808 and TS-9 and the cheaper TS-10 TS-5 and newer TS-7. Of late a new pedal called the Turbo Tube Screamer has been released with a "hot" mode.

The TS-808 tone is the most saud after but there are many more TS-9's around prompting many entrepreneurs to modify TS-9's to original 808 specs. If you would like one this is a good place to start. http://www.robertkeeley.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.