Options

i just want to take a moment to say some words of praise...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    yup. bought from them before. they're canuckleheads.

how do new EH 12AX7s and 6V6s and a JAN 5Y3 sound to you?

I've only really heard the EH's they are excellent. You can't go wrong with the Phillips.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I can't believe you can remember the numbers. .

I remember the stupidist stuff. But then I remember paying for a bunch of them! So the number stands out
    If I didn't put a balloon on my antenna, I would never have find my car in parking lots, though
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    12F125-O is 20watt so it should be ok.

you're only talking about 2 watts difference max. but keep in mind Max power on a Tube amp is at 5 not 10. it will be closer to 30 above that. Also the Preamp tubes can effect output volume. so if you're running the gain down crank it, but otherwise just be careful. Webber should give you info on that but you should be fine with no problem. The only reason it'd be on 10 would be you trying to get the louder tone. because it breaks up earlier you'll get that tone earlier so no problem.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rob
    I remember the stupidist stuff. But then I remember paying for a bunch of them! So the number stands out
    If I didn't put a balloon on my antenna, I would never have find my car in parking lots, though

Did you ever put out any albums we could buy?
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    you're only talking about 2 watts difference max. but keep in mind Max power on a Tube amp is at 5 not 10. it will be closer to 30 above that. Also the Preamp tubes can effect output volume. so if you're running the gain down crank it, but otherwise just be careful. Webber should give you info on that but you should be fine with no problem. The only reason it'd be on 10 would be you trying to get the louder tone. because it breaks up earlier you'll get that tone earlier so no problem.

i can get the "10" sound by cranking the pharaoh now. or i can put the dry channel on 7 or 8 and the vibrato channel on 5 and only use a slight boost from the pharaoh.
  • Options
    i can get the "10" sound by cranking the pharaoh now. or i can put the dry channel on 7 or 8 and the vibrato channel on 5 and only use a slight boost from the pharaoh.

well order the damn speaker then.

I need encouragement to go out and waste some money on a new guitar. Give me a reason.
  • Options
    well order the damn speaker then.

I need encouragement to go out and waste some money on a new guitar. Give me a reason.

ok, in the last month i've:

built a new guitar
    bought 4 new pedals
    a rack
    a POD
    and parts for 6 switchers

i'm dying here. :)
  • Options
    ok, in the last month i've:

built a new guitar
    bought 4 new pedals
    a rack
    a POD
    and parts for 6 switchers

i'm dying here. :)

It'll be a lot tougher once you're married. You should buy it now while you still can. :)
  • Options
    It'll be a lot tougher once you're married. You should buy it now while you still can. :)

no way. you go buy something first. i hear a wiggler calling you.
  • Options
    i hear it has a clicking sound. like the opto tremolos.

I think it's going to be a delay pedal first maybe DD-6, but I promised myself I'd pay off the BR-532 first so maybe I'll just make another payment. I'll sell my old amp and get a Keeley Comp.
  • Options
    do not get a DD-6. oh dear.
  • Options
    Did you ever put out any albums we could buy?

Hmm, I played on some, never did any albums or cd's on my own though. I mostly toured with existing bands and musicians. It's more fun not being IN the band, not involved with squabbles on the bus!
    Played some with Warren Zevon a long time ago, we became buds again last year for tough reasons, but I didn't play on his last CD though. Rest his soul, I out-lived him. Played with Captain Beefheart a bit on his 70's stuff, if you ever heard of him. then a whole slew of touring bands in various states of disrepair. That was the most fun. Play whatever I want, they're always happy to see you! And with a lot of African and cuban bands. I was the blond guy!
    My 2 friends here have followed the same paths.
    Told you I was quirky!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    do not get a DD-6. oh dear.

porque no?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rob
    Hmm, I played on some, never did any albums or cd's on my own though. I mostly toured with existing bands and musicians. It's more fun not being IN the band, not involved with squabbles on the bus!
    Played some with Warren Zevon a long time ago, we became buds again last year for tough reasons, but I didn't play on his last CD though. Rest his soul, I out-lived him. Played with Captain Beefheart a bit on his 70's stuff, if you ever heard of him. then a whole slew of touring bands in various states of disrepair. That was the most fun. Play whatever I want, they're always happy to see you! And with a lot of African and cuban bands. I was the blond guy!
    My 2 friends here have followed the same paths.
    Told you I was quirky!

Zevon cool. Awooooo werewolves of london.......RIP Zevo.

Believe it or not I have some Capt. Beefheart in my car. Maybe I've heard you play cool.
  • Options
    A good crazy dude, he was.

Well, Hey man, ( men) (women)
    I'm off, New year celebration with hindu music and all going on outside. The internet is sortof on sort of off right now. I'm headed for the hills in the morning, out of reach.
    If I don't get on again,
    Best to you.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Originally posted by rob
    A good crazy dude, he was.

Well, Hey man, ( men) (women)
    I'm off, New year celebration with hindu music and all going on outside. The internet is sortof on sort of off right now. I'm headed for the hills in the morning, out of reach.
    If I don't get on again,
    Best to you.

Peace Bro. Have a great time.
  • Options
    porque no?

DD-20 or DL-4.
  • Options
    DD-20 or DL-4.

ok, I'll try them out next time I go to the store.
  • Options
    ok, I'll try them out next time I go to the store.

you'll get tired of the robotic sound of the DD-6. in 5 minutes you'll send it to analogmike for a high cut. might as well spent the extra and get the DD-20 and get some emulation and program storage etc. etc. apparently, it may even be better than the DL4. i'm going to try one for fun one day.
  • Options
    you'll get tired of the robotic sound of the DD-6. in 5 minutes you'll send it to analogmike for a high cut. might as well spent the extra and get the DD-20 and get some emulation and program storage etc. etc. apparently, it may even be better than the DL4. i'm going to try one for fun one day. [/quote

Yeah. I just want a delay. and a million other things. damn it'd be cool to have a rotating speaker but I don't have but one speaker out. I'd need a new amp.