Options

Guitar Question

GouletGoulet Posts: 918
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
anyone heard anything good or bad about this fender:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031113135015209172184124789024/g=home/search/detail/base_id/107860

if you know anything more, like where it was made, sound quaity, etc... let me know it would be greatly appreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    kick-ass!!! i'm looking up some stuff on it. edit: can't find it at fender.com.
  • Options
    yeah i've been looking at fender.com for a couple months and they don't have it, but its been at musician's friend.com and in thier catalogues for a while now...wierd...
    i just want to know if its worth my time to first try and find it in a store and then spend 800 big ones on it...if its any good i might even consider ordering off the internet but that always scares me with instruments...too impersonal and cold...
  • Options
    MF is so big that it might have been made just for them. i don't know. i'm guessing it's mexican made but a higher quality one than the normal mexican stuff. if you can try it, go for it.
  • Options
    thanks...i'm glad you know way too much about guitars
  • Options
    i don't know much about this one though. wait for paco. he'll know for sure.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it's a new fender. You're basic Mexican Classic. Tele with a bigsby. Fender just hasn't updated that site in ages.

It's a great guitar.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    see. that's why we wait for paco. the fact that it's american is bonus.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    see. that's why we wait for paco. the fact that it's american is bonus.

whoa, hang on. 50's is a dead give a way it's mexican. Sorry fellows I stand corrected. It is Mexican. the extra 200 is in the finish and bigsby. Is it still a cool guitar yup. The american version would be around 1200. Sorry chaps. I'm slipping.

Have no fear, the mexican factory in ensenada is 20 miles from corona, some people prefer their stuff believe it or not partly because of price. It's a great tele. Looks awesome. You could always upgrade the P/U's but I doubt you'll have a problem unless you want more mids. It's gonna be bright.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    d'oh!!!
  • Options
    dont let that discourage you though it's only 20 miles away in all honesty the same people probablyl put both of them toegther. I bet it plays nice too.

It has to be Mexican because the Am. Standard is 825
  • Options
    yeah, i still think it's an awesome guitar too. i love almost all teles.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    some people prefer their stuff believe it or not partly because of price

That would be me.

That guitar looks great, and I have no doubts about it's quality or build. The Bigsby's look so great... I'd never use it, but I'd love to have it. I'll bet it helps with sustain a bit, too.

The pickups are going to be vintage Tele... thin, twangy... unless you follow these other clowns and put a compressor in the chain. Then it's thick, sweet tone...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    That would be me.

That guitar looks great, and I have no doubts about it's quality or build. The Bigsby's look so great... I'd never use it, but I'd love to have it. I'll bet it helps with sustain a bit, too.

The pickups are going to be vintage Tele... thin, twangy... unless you follow these other clowns and put a compressor in the chain. Then it's thick, sweet tone...

clowns? thems fightin words :) I love that squeezed sound.
  • Options
    I've got my Quarter-Pounder Esquire. I don't need no stinkin' compression.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I've got my Quarter-Pounder Esquire. I don't need no stinkin' compression.

blah blah. I have an Orange with beautiful natural compression and I still want more. You can always have more.
  • Options
    There's two basic levels of compression on a guitar: None, and too much.

Okay, now I'm really just trying to get your goat.... here, goat...

Actually, on standard Strats and especially Teles, I prefer the sound of a good compressor. I just don't typically like the sound of a standard Strat or Tele.
  • Options
    spoken like a true engineer. :)

What can I say I like to play hard. a good compressor brings out the mids and smooths the sometimes harsh and bright tone of my strat, not to mention the clean level boost. That's why I like them.