Options

Ibanez DE-7

pariahpariah Posts: 596
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone have experience with these? I heard good things about them, but no one here ever mentioned them (contrary to the Dan-echo for instance).. This because I am looking for a cheap digital delay pedal that does a decent analog imitation, and I haven't got the chance to try one out anytime soon... (so it comes down to simple curiosity ;))

thanks
"Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    are those the gray tone-lok ones? i haven't heard good things but i haven't tried them either?
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I've tried them. It should work for you fine. It's kind of neat because it's a delay and echo. Its a good cheap delay. You can lock the settings so you won't kick them around on stage.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Some say it's able to self-oscillate... guess I'll have to make some time then to check that out. Thanks for respondig.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    Some say it's able to self-oscillate... guess I'll have to make some time then to check that out. Thanks for respondig.

Can't remember unless you really want noise self oscillation is pointless. It probably can self oscillate. For 10 dollars more If you need that feature the Guyatone MD-3 self oscillations and gives you a little more flexibility though the DE-7 is probably in a stronger case.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Can't remember unless you really want noise self oscillation is pointless. It probably can self oscillate. For 10 dollars more If you need that feature the Guyatone MD-3 self oscillations and gives you a little more flexibility though the DE-7 is probably in a stronger case.
    Well, people always seem to find that the big thing in Memory Mans.... didn't know if there's a point t it but I 'll check it out anyway. If it's pointless indeed, I'll try that Dan-Echo some more... definitely like the looks of that thing better than that sterile DE7 design (now THATS superficial!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    Well, people always seem to find that the big thing in Memory Mans.... didn't know if there's a point t it but I 'll check it out anyway. If it's pointless indeed, I'll try that Dan-Echo some more... definitely like the looks of that thing better than that sterile DE7 design (now THATS superficial!)

The Dan-Echo is liked by a lot of people. The Memory Man as with every EH effect is noisy and unpredictable beautiful for some annoying for others they break a lot too.
  • Options
    the dan-echo is probably the best delay for the money when you're going for an analog feel with longer delay times.

the memory man is a beautifully dark, noisy, swampy delay and is the best value for true analog delays in my opinion. 550ms is plenty for almost everything and the modulation it offers creates sounds the others can't do. however, it's big, hardwired, and until a couple years ago apparently, aren't true bypass and thus destroy your tone when off. this is pretty easy to get around though.

if i had the knowledge about effects a couple years ago that i do know, i would have kept my memory man and fixed it's shortcomings.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the dan-echo is probably the best delay for the money when you're going for an analog feel with longer delay times.

the memory man is a beautifully dark, noisy, swampy delay and is the best value for true analog delays in my opinion. 550ms is plenty for almost everything and the modulation it offers creates sounds the others can't do. however, it's big, hardwired, and until a couple years ago apparently, aren't true bypass and thus destroy your tone when off. this is pretty easy to get around though.

if i had the knowledge about effects a couple years ago that i do know, i would have kept my memory man and fixed it's shortcomings.

Does the DL-4 do a fairly good model of it?
  • Options
    Does the DL-4 do a fairly good model of it?

good enough for the girls i go with. i dumped my memory man and my dd-5 for the DL-4 after comparing them.
  • Options
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Articles/Delay/

pretty good info here on delays and delay types.
  • Options
    good enough for the girls i go with. i dumped my memory man and my dd-5 for the DL-4 after comparing them.

yeah Ex. I'm going to go with your professional and a hell of a lot of other peoples opinions. I considered the rack version though. The delay is first on the list.
  • Options
    the thing i don't like about the rack version is that fact that you're stuck with midi control then. i hate midi. if i'm going to have space taken up on my board by something, i'd rather it be the actual box so i can fuck with the knobs etc. etc. i don't want a midi controller unless it's replaced my entire pedalboard or something.
  • Options
    the thing i don't like about the rack version is that fact that you're stuck with midi control then. i hate midi. if i'm going to have space taken up on my board by something, i'd rather it be the actual box so i can fuck with the knobs etc. etc. i don't want a midi controller unless it's replaced my entire pedalboard or something.

true, and I'm without a loop so I'd have to make sure the output wasn't too hot. I'll just get the pedal.
  • Options
    once you're into rack stuff, you have to go whole hog it seems.
  • Options
    once you're into rack stuff, you have to go whole hog it seems.

yeah I bought a simple combo amp. If I had the money to buy all that rack stuff I couldn't possibly use it all.
  • Options
    speaking of simple combo. there's an AD15 close to me sitting at a $675US opening bid. so tempting.
  • Options
    The DL-4 is praised straight into heaven by everyone, but there's no way i'm going to spend that much money on something with so many functions for an effect I wont be using much anyway (or am I wrong here? For instance, Ex, how much do you use your delay?)
  • Options
    speaking of simple combo. there's an AD15 close to me sitting at a $675US opening bid. so tempting.

wow. that's a good price. Seriously it's one of the best amps I've ever heard bar none. Combing pedals with its own gain, you don't miss channel switching and with the compressor you will adore the clean. It looks cool too.
  • Options
    i use it quite a bit. for simple playing, i usually use the DM-2 model under picking patterns to make things more interesting. and there is usually delay on every solo i do. i've used probably half the models at different times for those. i like delay though.
  • Options
    wow. that's a good price. Seriously it's one of the best amps I've ever heard bar none. Combing pedals with its own gain, you don't miss channel switching and with the compressor you will adore the clean. It looks cool too.

it would make a great companion to my DR but i just can't justify it. no tax and no shipping though. damn.
  • Options
    well i guess I could always save up and get one when Cheapie (AAAAAAAH I just gave a pedal a NAME) gets used extensively. Until then, I'll go with the DE-7, the MD-3, the Dan-Echo or something else under €100 I might come across.

Thanks
  • Options
    it would make a great companion to my DR but i just can't justify it. no tax and no shipping though. damn.

Well you already have a good amp anyway.
  • Options
    Well you already have a good amp anyway.

exactly. i just can't justify another one. i still like my pro junior idea for some time in the future.
  • Options
    exactly. i just can't justify another one. i still like my pro junior idea for some time in the future.

even a super champ would be cool, no nothing beats a vibro champ :)