Options

Taylor guitars...

AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
What do you think of them? I'm playing a little one now because I'm bored but it sounds GREAT! Just curious on any opinions or interesting facts.
"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    man, i love taylors. i have huge 12-string. i used to have a baby taylor but didn't like it much. didn't stay in tune. but the full scale ones are excellent. i've been pursuing a couple 6-strings without success.

some of the best guitars being made right now imo.

fun fact? bolt on neck.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    bolt on neck? Hmmmmm....I have a video of how they are made and haven't watched it. This one is my sons guitar...he got it when he was three for his birthday and he's five now. I do have to tune it often but I thought maybe that was just him messing with it.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Great guitars. Easy to work on with the bolt neck but they don't sound as good as the best Martins untill you get into the 900 series. Taylor is more bright, Martins are Warmer. However the Cheapest line of taylors blows the doors off of martin up untill you get to the D-18's and HD-28's. On up Martins are better guitars but you pay for them.

I really really like Taylors.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i think the baby taylors just have bad tuners. they sound good though. great party guitars.

my big one stays in tune fine.

i think for the working musician or casual player, they're an excellent choice. the 1 2 and 300 series especially.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i think the baby taylors just have bad tuners. they sound good though. great party guitars.

my big one stays in tune fine.

i think for the working musician or casual player, they're an excellent choice. the 1 2 and 300 series especially.

I agree for the casual player, maybe a tuner swap to lockers (because I hate doing all that crap changing strings) and you're set.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    For me, the holy grail(s) are 1970's Gibson, Guild, or Martin. I would love to find an old Martin D-18E, though. For reasons that may be obscure but obvious...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    For me, the holy grail(s) are 1970's Gibson, Guild, or Martin. I would love to find an old Martin D-18E, though. For reasons that may be obscure but obvious...

Guild 12 string. YAY!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Guild 12 string. YAY!

As in, you have one, or as in, you want one?

The Gibson J-160 is a pretty sweet acoustic, too...
  • Options
    As in, you have one, or as in, you want one?

The Gibson J-160 is a pretty sweet acoustic, too...

want one.
  • Options
    I want an acoustic-electric with an electro-magnetic pickup.

Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    I want an acoustic-electric with an electro-magnetic pickup.

Any other suggestions?

Taylor. Just get a Taylor. You'll love it.
  • Options
    I didn't realize Taylor had a model with an electromagnetic pickup.
  • Options
    I didn't realize Taylor had a model with an electromagnetic pickup.

they don't as far as i know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    they don't as far as i know.

That's what I thought. Paco's fulla shit.

I think the J-160 is the only EM-equipped acoustic still being made. It's a nice guitar, though. I just wish the old Martins were still in production.
  • Options
    I thought you were talking about Piezo Electric. My mistake.

Why not just find a decent acoustic and install a Fishman Rare Earth?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I thought you were talking about Piezo Electric. My mistake.

Why not just find a decent acoustic and install a Fishman Rare Earth?

Because I want an acoustic guitar that plugs into a Fender Vibro Champ and sounds GOOD. If I want an acoustic-electric that plugs into a DI box, I'd go with a Fishman blender any day.

Think Kurt on Unplugged in New York.