Options

Acoustic Selection Help!!

WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 495
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
i'm a bass player and i have a good set up (fender jazz with ampeg b2r and ampeg 8x10). i haven't owned a guitar in almost 10 years but i want to get an acoustic one to jam on at home just so i can actually learn how to play well.
i have very limited funds to spend so i was wondering what everyone thought of the Fender DG-7 Acoustic. i don't know much about brands besides fender and gibson and this one i can get new for around $150. is there anything better for the same price?
thanks in advance, any feedback is appreciated!
brett
First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031113121319012178006131748875/g=guitar/search/find?q=ACOUSTIC+GUITAR&d=tp&snl=1

A variety of choices here under 200 bucks. My advice get a solid top and decent tuners, the rest is about the same under 200 bucks. The Ibanez in there looks like a great deal at 192.

I think there's a solid top washburn for 150.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Go to a store with a big selection (Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc.) and spend some time playing there. Low end guitars usually aren't that consistant, so they might have a few of the same model and they will all play and feel different.

Like paco said, go for the good tuners and solid top. At $150-$200 brand names don't really mean much.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln