Options

gentlemen and women bask in the used glory.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    he hasn't updated that in like forever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    he hasn't updated that in like forever.

there's some new stuff on there dude you just have to look. Pretty good prices too.

Pale Green Comp for 150.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    there's some new stuff on there dude you just have to look. Pretty good prices too.

Pale Green Comp for 150.

d'oh. stupid cache. now i see it.
  • Options
    d'oh. stupid cache. now i see it.

Fulltone Clyde for 170.

that DS-7 from Ibanez would be a great mod candidate.
  • Options
    i don't know anything about that comp but i assume it's another ross clone?
  • Options
    i don't know anything about that comp but i assume it's another ross clone?

hmm, I havent the foggiest. I don't think so I think its fairly original.

The Ross was a clone of the Dyna Comp with out the pumping.

The new Ross clones are probably much better than thier predecessors. I'm wondering if there's anything to opto-comps.
  • Options
    hmm, I havent the foggiest. I don't think so I think its fairly original.

The Ross was a clone of the Dyna Comp with out the pumping.

The new Ross clones are probably much better than thier predecessors. I'm wondering if there's anything to opto-comps.

Pale Green Compressor

This is a compressor unit intended for use with electric or acoustic guitar, to limit attack, prolong sustain by increasing amplification factor as a plucked note decays, making signal more uniform.

Compression is powerful tool when recording and in live situations with acoustic guitar and steel guitar- properly set it can smooth out unintentional level changes for better audibility.

It has often been said that the best use of compressors is when you cannot hear them but miss them when they are turned off; with electric guitar it is often used as an effect, by setting compression high enough to hear the signal being limited and decay being amplified.

Though compressed the tone is still in the attack only now attack is accentuated by a characteristic" chop". With compression weak parts of signal will be amplified and so a compressed signal will appear to have slightly more treble to it.

It is therefore common in compression design to cut some treble thereby noise is also reduced. This technique is not used in the Pale Green design since the more filters you have in the chain the more phase distortion, and such filtering would be virtually impossible to make unhearable in all possible situations.

It was instead voted that there should be no filtering action except that needed to secure safety against radio interference and that the use of custom parts and design should ensure low noise with preserved treble.

These are the key features that are the basis of the Pale Green Compressor design:

1. Fast attack, slow release - the most used setting by guitarists ever. Response has been optimized for the parts used.

2. Wide range of compression: from light transient limiting to massive compression at almost endless sustain.

3. No treble loss, thus pedal can be used at various places in chain (Keep compression at lowest possible to achieve desired sound, to ensure lowest noise).

4. Low distortion and good overload characteristics.

Musictoyz.com Price $219.95

so yeah. It's a ross clone a rose by any other name.
  • Options
    go with the keeley. it'll hold it's value. it's reputation alone guarantees you'll get most of your money back if you don't like it.
  • Options
    good idea. I still think you guys should check out barber. It really is a very fine overdrive.
  • Options
    good idea. I still think you guys should check out barber. It really is a very fine overdrive.

i'm set for overdrives. i'm over the moon with my pharaoh and BD-2.
  • Options
    yeah there's only a million to choose from. I still kind of want a full drive, but that Banzai New Rising Sun is so cool.
  • Options
    what amazes me is that there are tweakers starting to do mods on the fulldrive.
  • Options
    what amazes me is that there are tweakers starting to do mods on the fulldrive.

It's people that are board, improving on perfection, like moving the comp cut, adding compression.
  • Options
    if they weren't worth so much more unmolested, i would take my comp and pharaoh and house them in one box. mind you, with the way they're built, i could do that anyway and not do any unreversible damage. hmmm. it would save me some real estate on the board.
  • Options
    if they weren't worth so much more unmolested, i would take my comp and pharaoh and house them in one box. mind you, with the way they're built, i could do that anyway and not do any unreversible damage. hmmm. it would save me some real estate on the board.

why not put them in a rack and build a switcher instead?
  • Options
    why not put them in a rack and build a switcher instead?

b/c then i'll have an excuse to buy way more stuff.

and if i built a rack mount switching system to play to no one in my basement, i think i'd have to beat myself about the head repeatedly. :)

pedal racks and patch panel with floorboard
    PODxt pro
    mesa 20/20

there you go.
  • Options
    yeah but it would be cool. Maybe you could pass it off as a religious item and therefore write it off on taxes. Hmm. Business expense?
  • Options
    who am i? david gilmour? :)
  • Options
    who am i? david gilmour? :)

well in that case forget the noisless you should get EMG's :)

you don't do enough drugs to be David Gilmore.
  • Options
    i can't wait until that inflatable pig i bought on ebay arrives.
  • Options
    i can't wait until that inflatable pig i bought on ebay arrives.

emm, yeah, Pete Framton already got that. sorry.
  • Options
    "hey, you kids get out of my cooler"
  • Options
    "hey, you kids get out of my cooler"

Its about getting toasted. Nicely toasted.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I mean really, you two... you worry me sometimes.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.