Options

okay i ordered it!

low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I ordered the 12 " PA speakers plus the 12" floor monitor. thanks for all the help McCready and gang :)

gotta love 12 months with no interest.

-dm
www.myspace.com/eotoband
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by low_light
    I ordered the 12 " PA speakers plus the 12" floor monitor. thanks for all the help McCready and gang :)

gotta love 12 months with no interest.

-dm

indeed. I love same as cash.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Amen, mr. pickels! Next on my list is a tube marshall stack! after we pay this off. itll be easy. gig once a week... hundred bucks a week or so. ill figure it all out.

im happy

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Here's your Marshall head...
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031020231623150131025216608059/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/82974
    Or a half-stack with a TV cab...
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031020231623150131025216608059/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/87076

Gotta love the financing... gets you in trouble, though. Keep making the payments, you'll be fine. Don't get behind... don't want to try to get financed on a house five years later, and find out you can't because you missed a payment on PA speakers.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    youre the king, McCready. That last link looks like the stack i want.

I'll pay off these spearkers and that will be my next venture. thanks

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    can't wait to hear what you sound like with the new stuff low. Enjoy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I love the looks of those TV cabinets. They just look so sweet, and they sound damned good, too.

Of course, they can't hold a candle to my 4 x 10" Marshall cab.
  • Options
    the TV cab is by far my favorite Marshall Cab, I love the greenbacks in a 4x12 cab.

Personally I think the Orange and Matamp cabs sound a little better but they cost a couple hundred bucks more too.

http://www.matamp.com

http://www.orange-amps.com
  • Options
    God... I love the wallpaper on the Orange Amps website...
  • Options
    I thought you would its what every guitar player truely hopes for.
  • Options
    Oh, I've had that wallpaper on my computer before. It's just been a while since I last visited that website. That Retro 50 amp looks like a good one. Still... the price... I'd probably rather have a Bassman 50 or 70, anyways.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Oh, I've had that wallpaper on my computer before. It's just been a while since I last visited that website. That Retro 50 amp looks like a good one. Still... the price... I'd probably rather have a Bassman 50 or 70, anyways.

I agree. For 2200 I want a Perfect 1965 Fender Super Reverb.
  • Options
  • Options
    so you guys would take the fender over a marshall stack?
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by low_light
    so you guys would take the fender over a marshall stack?

for the music you play, i'd say a marshall is the wrong direction. unless you guys are getting heavy or something.
  • Options
    we arent getting heavy but we do have a lot of songs with some distortion and etc.

i like the marshall overdrive sound.... this is the little amp i have now..:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031021115714012086128078719006/g=live/s=amps/search/detail/base_id/59651

it's not tube but to be honest its two 12's sound pretty good. and it has a nice chorus and overdrive sound.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    unless you're really hurting for volume and have cash coming out the ying, i'd stick with that for a while. if you like the sound.

stacks are fun though.

i just come from a small amp perspective.
  • Options
    yeah this amp is doing it for me now. it just is messed up on the left side i think the speaker is not working. so its bothering me a lot ... i havent abused the amp at all or over driven it. so i was thinking a tube amp wouldnt just crap out in less than a year like this one. it still sounds great with the one 12 but it still pisses me off that a lot of new equipment seems to be made to break down. oh well....

damn its late i cant sleep. i just figured out the chords to "carriage" by the counting crows.. fucking beautiful song. all capo'd on the third frett. my favorite key

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    I dunno... in my experience, tube amps tend to be a lot more tempermental than solid state.

The Fender amps are my preference, although I own a Marshall tube combo as well. Those Super Reverbs are pretty sweet...
  • Options
    got my pedal today just in time for tonights show. so wish me luck.

as for amp's ill be looking into it in the far off future ;) but I'm going to play a fender and a marshall and decide simply by the sound, of course. thanks for all the input once again

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband